Official Air Jordan X & XIII Countdown Post!

Originally Posted by GoldenStateWarrior23

can we get a seperate "cry abot resellers" thread?
roll.gif

I don't have many post either but this reseller argument or discussion needs to stop. The choice is always the buyer anyways. Some resellers pricesaren't that bad and can work within your budget so that gives me a chance to cop limited jordans for the amount I can afford cause there is no limitedjordans within 2 hours of where I am period!

Thanks NT

...same here! They should require a signature. I don't want my kicks laying around outside my front door. 3 packs o'No... I will call and set uppick-up at office instead!

I think the people that are mad at resellers need to take a step back.

The people you should really be mad at is JB. Be mad at them for releasing such low quantities. Don't hate the reseller, hate the manufacturer. They arethe single reason why you aren't able to obtain a pack with ease.

And if you're worried about the pack no being limited and everybody with Countdown packs on, then you shouldn't buy the pack. Buy a shoe because youlike it, not because you're the only one wearing it.

The only time I can knock a reseller is when they budge in line.

I'm lucky that my brother was able to help me out and get through to get my pair of 10.5's on Eastbay. This was our FIRST success ever with a limitedshoe, as I remember getting jacked when I attempted to get those Black/Carolina V's. I couldn't order at 9PM PST myself since I was busy hanging outwith a girl, blah haha. I definitely am looking forward to these babies!

checked my 10s and i do not have the "n" missing from the championship in 93.
why do the two styles have separate id #s?

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Poofyo101

cant wait to see how many of these finishline orders are canceled...happens everytime

Yup, I called, and finishline canceled my order.
Sorry to hear that, did you use a code on them?

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

cant wait to see how many of these finishline orders are canceled...happens everytime

Sorry to hear that, did you use a code on them?

The lady wasn't allowing any discount codes, the only code she gave me was the free shipping code. Worthless now
laugh.gif

I guess I will keep hunting down for another size 11.

Originally Posted by KG21

I think the people that are mad at resellers need to take a step back.

The people you should really be mad at is JB. Be mad at them for releasing such low quantities. Don't hate the reseller, hate the manufacturer. They are the single reason why you aren't able to obtain a pack with ease.

And if you're worried about the pack no being limited and everybody with Countdown packs on, then you shouldn't buy the pack. Buy a shoe because you like it, not because you're the only one wearing it.

The only time I can knock a reseller is when they budge in line.
I tried to suggest this pages ago. No luck...

Cameron Nelson:
If you want your size and don't want to pay a reseller, then you may want to reevaluate your strategy and go about the right way the next time.

What I DON'T agree with you is on the "taking advantage for money"...that's a lie. Nobody is taking advantage of anybody. Nobody put a gun to anybody's head and forced them to pay extra money.
You're interchanging (and confusing) two terms that you used in your own reply; 'taking advantage' and 'forcing'. Putting agun to someone's head (as you described) is 'forcing' someone to do someone. "Do this or I'll kill you" = forcing. "Well, youlive out in BFE and there's nothing around YOU, but... lucky me... I got 4 shops around my way that have at least a dozen pairs. Sooo... you have zeroaround your way; I have dozens around my way. They cost $300; I'll 'give' them to you for $450" = taking advantage of his bad situation andyour good situation. Nevermind the fact that you have to go to the store and buy them, because he would do the same thing IF HE COULD. But he can't, whichis why it's called 'taking advantage'; he is in a situation that he CAN'T help, and that situation is 'the ability to drive 15 minutes andget a pair... like you're able to do'.

It's taking advantage of your unearned, undeserved fortunate situation and his unearned, undeserved less fortunate situation.

What did they tell you when you called? I also got a sz 11 this morning on finishline and when i called earlier this evening the girl told my my order wasin the system and being processed.

^ That's like blaming crack dealers for dealing crack and not blaming crackheads.

JB is the problem for the supply being low; resellers are responsible for the greed involved in taking advantage of their situation that happens to be morefortunate than the people they're going to hustle.

maybe we need a thread for resellers worrying about how many finishline orders are cancelled?

Poofyo101 is sitting on a FSR of $420.00 Countdown Packs, he is the second reseller on here that's worried about finishline orders being canceled.

maybe he should worry about NikeTalk members that have paid him for their shoes and didn't receive them. and possible ways of preventing this in thefuture? (as one member reported in this thread)

i've ordered dozens of pairs of J's off finishline and never had an order canceled, received generous discounts using available codes, and usuallyfree shipping.

these large automated systems take hits and have a relatively small error rate, but maybe these guys are more concerned over the recent restock of the packson finishline.com and future restocks on the other retailers?

many online order problems are payment related/credit verification.
every shoehead worries about their mail order purchase until they receive it and cancheck out their kicks and make sure they are exactly what they ordered, undamaged, and hopefully... great quality from the manufacturer.

it's hilarious seeing resellers sitting on stock putting out this obligatory information.

i bet Poofyo101 "can't wait to see how many finishline orders are canceled", he's gotta' unload those dogs.
roll.gif

jeez why are people crying? there's TONS of em in NYC...take your butt to da 5 boros and cop a pair regular price.

What up everyone. I don't post much, but all this crying about resellers has made me sick. It seems like most of the people that have been complaining for the last couple days are the people that don't have them or "didn't want the pack anyways". Look people, reselling is simple part of the business model that trickles down from the top. I own a business myself, so i will attempt to sum this up in very simple terms so hopefully the people complaining can understand. Here you go......

Nike pays people in some factory in Asia to make the shoes! They pay the people like $8 a shoe for their work. So Nike says "we realize that there may be a demand for this product and we will charge the consumer(Footlocker, Finishline, etc) more $, who doesn't have a factory to make them like we do." You know what Nike does? You got it, they sell the shoes to Footlocker, Finishline, etc. for more than they paid. You know why? You got it...to MAKE A PROFIT!!!

Next, the retail stores take this same package that Nike paid $8 a shoe, and they don't say "Hey Mr. Nike, why are you charging me $155 for this pack that you guys only paid $8 a shoe for." They say "we realize that there is a demand for this and we will charge the consumer, who doesn't have a Nike account like we do, $310 for the package" so my store (Footlocker, Finishline, etc) can, you got it...to MAKE A PROFIT!!!

Finally, on release day the consumer (us on niketalk) says, "I realize that finishline charged me $310 for this package, but there is a demand for this package and I will charge the next consumer who doesn't have a "connect" or access like i do $400". This is done in a effort to, you got it...to MAKE A PROFIT!!!

A s you can see, what the complainers call "reselling" is really called "BUSINESS", point blank! So what you should be doing is telling "Mr. Finishline" you hate him for being a "reseller", because by all means, that's what Finishline and all the other retail chains are...RESELLERS!!!!!! Basiclly the only difference between Finishline and a guy selling on Niketalk is that Finishline has a store in the mall. Nike, Finishline (and all other stores), and Joe Shmo of Niketalk are all resellers.

My advice to those copmlaining to: Step your game up and make some friends at the retailers in your are to ensure you get a pair. Or get cool with someone on niketalk who is in an area that has a lot of kicks.

Good post. I'm not a reseller but I do understand where he's coming from. Its all about profit.

Why is this still a sticky???????????????????

This country was built on making money money, so if someone wants to resell more power to them. If you do not want to pay more then retail do a little work,its not that hard to find these or any kicks for retail if you really want them bad enough. For all those that ordered on finish line, I can definitely saythat half of you will be burned and have your orders cancelled. That's why I stick with Eastbay with Oline orders because finish line SUCKS
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom