Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by rareair45

Originally Posted by CDUNK

Originally Posted by Dark Skinned Jermaine

legit?????????

Should be.....apparently they're the mother site for foot soldiers, and I know that site is legit.  Foot soldiers is also on NT's legit websites list.
http://www.footsoldiers619.com/product/2011-nike-air-jordan-concord-xi

footsoldiers and footsoldiers619 are two different people.
You are indeed correct; I've edited my post.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Originally Posted by rojanjon

QFT.  
Hypebeasts buyin up 3x what they would ever need even to flip and it's makin' it hard for folks to copp a single...rude awakening when you can't flip your 15 pairs for $300+...I hope...this attitude has killed the sneakergame...
ohwell.gif
that's the thing... they will get $300 + for them 
frown.gif
Doubt anytime soon though. Lately thats what many of the 00's have been selling for. $300-400. I still see the same exact CG's that dudes were TRYING sell in march for $300-350 on their ebay listing. Nobody's going to buy them for that much. If you think you're going to be able to flip these for $300 or more, you'll just be wasting your time, or "prayng" that someone is in dire need of these.

some sites selling them one week/a few days before rd for nearly $300 have either sold out or are close to it.
what makes you think that a good number of the people who fail on rd and have christmas cash won't pay more?
silly goose

and the cancellation emails from oqiumstore start rolling in, putting me back at square one 2 days before RD! nice!!

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

this shoe is going to be a huge resell

look at all the non nike account sites state side like PYS citysole 
flight club cant keep them in stock at $375.00

the price will drop come next week but it will go back up and even a nickel and dime re seller will still get back no less then $240.00 pre pair

that's not bad if you going to get 10 or more pairs

i would start at $300.00 and take no less then $240.00 and thats being nice

only people crying about reseller are the people with no way of getting a pair at retail unless they camp or dont have the cash to buy a pair in the first place

not trying to hate on people who cant get a pair at retail (i did not on the Concords and in the past 2 years i got space jams & cool greys at retail 2 pairs each)

but if you want them at box price i would start to camp at any of your local spots across the country no later then tonight

i think this has been one of the biggest general releases in the past 23 years of me buying nike/jordans and being a serious collector for the past 10 years

by the way i have no extra pairs to sell
just my 2 cents on my guess on how release will go and most time i'm correct

I was a non believer on these shoes having huge resale value... until today
these are indeed gonna resale around the $300 range, and the lowest you will find them is for $275-280 IMO...

with the retail price at $180, only people with disposable income can purchase multiple pairs, and they are the ones who are not going to be desperate to sell them which will keep the resale value high.  resellers on this release will be able to set the market price.  all it takes is one ebayer to start the bid at $300 and everyone will follow... simple economics 
frown.gif
Remember though. Seller's never set the value of an item, the consumer is who dictates value. If one person starts his bid at $300 and all the others follow but nobody buys them, are they really valued at $300? They're not worth $300 when vintage ds pairs of 00's and 95's are selling for $300-$400.

@160jordansdeep...I don't think people pointing out reseller prices are crying or necessarily are the ones that don't have their pairs. I point it out because for me it seems to be a trend and the ever-increasing demise of a culture I once loved. Many of the family I came up collecting with are bowing out or already have and this new breed of over-hyped poor quality fiendin' hypebeasts are the new generation of heads. I have my pair but I'm working hard to take care of my friends out here and on the network I've built. So, they don't have to camp out and leave their families for the night. Just having to work a little harder than usual as there have been some new kinks thrown into the process with some recent developments at JB and NIKE.

Originally Posted by Snowman626

Originally Posted by hjdunks26

Originally Posted by BigPoint

never ordered from them but I believe they are legit. out of San Diego!

Just got a size 13 from them...they seem legit from the looks of it.

just copped size 12 bro
Saw the free shipping code on their page just after I submitted. I sent customer service an email to see if I can get a credit for the $10.
Hopefully they didn't oversell like some other sites.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

@160jordansdeep...I don't think people pointing out reseller prices are crying or necessarily are the ones that don't have their pairs. I point it out because for me it seems to be a trend and the ever-increasing demise of a culture I once loved. Many of the family I came up collecting with are bowing out or already have and this new breed of over-hyped poor quality fiendin' hypebeasts are the new generation of heads. I have my pair but I'm working hard to take care of my friends out here and on the network I've built. So, they don't have to camp out and leave their families for the night. Just having to work a little harder than usual as there have been some new kinks thrown into the process with some recent developments at JB and NIKE.
I don't even bother collecting anymore.....I just buy Js to ball in now.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

that's the thing... they will get $300 + for them 
frown.gif
Doubt anytime soon though. Lately thats what many of the 00's have been selling for. $300-400. I still see the same exact CG's that dudes were TRYING sell in march for $300-350 on their ebay listing. Nobody's going to buy them for that much. If you think you're going to be able to flip these for $300 or more, you'll just be wasting your time, or "prayng" that someone is in dire need of these.

some sites selling them one week/a few days before rd for nearly $300 have either sold out or are close to it.
what makes you think that a good number of the people who fail on rd and have christmas cash won't pay more?
silly goose
Some will pay more. If one wants it bad enough; to some, money isn't an option. Some will get lucky enough to sell their shoes to needy buyers. Theres no doubt in my mind that some rich guy would have no problem purshasing from resellers at $400-500 even. But because a couple buyers bought it that price, doen't mean that they set the value. Hypothetically speaking, if in fact you're selling your shoes $300-400 and were only sucsefull at selling 2 out of the 10 your selling for that price. Are they really valued at $300-400?

the price will drop come next week but it will go back up and even a nickel and dime re seller will still get back no less then $240.00 pre pair

only people crying about reseller are the people with no way of getting a pair at retail unless they camp or dont have the cash to buy a pair in the first place

not trying to hate on people who cant get a pair at retail (i did not on the Concords and in the past 2 years i got space jams & cool greys at retail 2 pairs each)

but if you want them at box price i would start to camp at any of your local spots across the country no later then tonight

i think this has been one of the biggest general releases in the past 23 years of me buying nike/jordans and being a serious collector for the past 10 years

these are indeed gonna resale around the $300 range, and the lowest you will find them is for $275-280 IMO...

with the retail price at $180, only people with disposable income can purchase multiple pairs, and they are the ones who are not going to be desperate to sell them which will keep the resale value high.  resellers on this release will be able to set the market price.  all it takes is one ebayer to start the bid at $300 and everyone will follow... simple economics 
frown.gif
Remember though. Seller's never set the value of an item, the consumer is who dictates value. If one person starts his bid at $400 and all the others follow but nobody buys them, are they really valued at $300? They're not worth $300 when vintage ds pairs of 00's and 95's are selling for $300-$400.
who says? 09 Spacejams go for as much as 2000s and thats only what, 9-10 years apart? Excluding DMPs, the last Concord release was when? 2000? so thats 11 years....these will stay around the 275-300, even possibly 325 range for AWHILE.....the "sneaker game" (hate that rerm) has changed drastically...more and more people are joinging this "hobby" which means more demand which means higher resell prices.....to each his own,but I dont see these Concords ever dipping under $250
and for you business people...even if youre buying at retail, say $200 after tax...and get $250 after all fees/shipping costs etc. thats a $50 profit, or in other terms, a 25% profit which is great,imo....and you know people will get close to $300 for these so that makes profit as high as 50%

If i wasn't helping people out on these I wouldve went IN on these and made bank, esp. with these UK/EU sites charging about retail ($180) shipped
pimp.gif
   to buy at $180 and sell for $280, Id take that $100 profit per pair x X amount any day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

frown.gif
well if you guys were around to look at prices the morning/weekend the space jams re dropped this shouldn't be a surprise to any of you. cool greys not so much. but its obvious the prestige of the concords. one of the all time greats. so expect online sites and ebay to be rape prices as they would for any other hyped up shoe. then they die down after a month or so. its happened for every great drop these past few years. im expecting to have a good laugh when i see ebay prices at 400+ when im leaving the store that morning with my pair at retail. its the game now a days.. good luck to anyone trying to get a pair for retail
Originally Posted by CDUNK

I don't even bother collecting anymore.....I just buy Js to ball in now.

glad to see people are still buying jordans for this reason 
laugh.gif

Hi Shoehead

Thank you for your email. We expect shipment tomorrow from Nike and we will proceed in shipping as soon as possible.

Kind Regards 
Lauren

---

thats from ec

silly goose
Some will pay more. If one wants it bad enough; to some, money isn't an option. Some will get lucky enough to sell their shoes to needy buyers. Theres no doubt in my mind that some rich guy would have no problem purshasing from resellers at $400-500 even. But because a couple buyers bought it that price, doen't mean that they set the value. Hypothetically speaking, if in fact you're selling your shoes $300-400 and were only sucsefull at selling 2 out of the 10 your selling for that price. Are they really valued at $300-400?

you stated that "If you think you're going to be able to flip these for $300 or more, you'll just be wasting your time."
i was simply saying that i strongly believe on average they will be selling for $300+ steadily.
if i'm wrong i will buy you a big mac.

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

frown.gif
Remember though. Seller's never set the value of an item, the consumer is who dictates value. If one person starts his bid at $400 and all the others follow but nobody buys them, are they really valued at $300? They're not worth $300 when vintage ds pairs of 00's and 95's are selling for $300-$400.
who says? 09 Spacejams go for as much as 2000s and thats only what, 9-10 years apart? Excluding DMPs, the last Concord release was when? 2000? so thats 11 years....these will stay around the 275-300, even possibly 325 range for AWHILE.....the "sneaker game" (hate that rerm) has changed drastically...more and more people are joinging this "hobby" which means more demand which means higher resell prices.....to each his own,but I dont see these Concords ever dipping under $250
and for you business people...even if youre buying at retail, say $200 after tax...and get $250 after all fees/shipping costs etc. thats a $50 profit, or in other terms, a 25% profit which is great,imo....and you know people will get close to $300 for these so that makes profit as high as 50%

If i wasn't helping people out on these I wouldve went IN on these and made bank, esp. with these UK/EU sites charging about retail ($180) shipped
pimp.gif
   to buy at $180 and sell for $280, Id take that $100 profit per pair x X amount any day
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Re-sellers are selling them at prices that arent selling though. They're putting them up for bid with these massive egos for the same price as the 00's and og's but not many are buying them. That's my arguement. I have no problem with resellers (i used to re-sell back in 05-07) but sell them for what they're selling for, not what "YOU'RE LOOKING TO SELL THEM FOR".

Just got an email that 1 order for a pair of Sz 8 Concords just got refused from urbanindustry.

My order before that was paid for and good to go. Looks like I'll have a friend that will miss out on his Sz 8.

Beware NTers.. UI appears to be emailing out refund notices.

Does anyone have any tips for trying to buy off of Eastbay? I've never ordered from them before but I'm going to try because I was unable to get my size from my local stores. I know the chances of me actually getting a pair are very low but I'm going to try anyways so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does it make any difference that I would be ordering from Canada with a Canadian credit card?

People too thirsty before release date and that's why these places oding on the prices... I'll just wait to release date and scoop a pair no reason to be stressing like every store not gonna have this release...

silly goose

you stated that "If you think you're going to be able to flip these for $300 or more, you'll just be wasting your time."
i was simply saying that i strongly believe on average they will be selling for $300+ steadily.
if i'm wrong i will buy you a big mac.
I feel you, our opinions just differ, No disrespect. By definition that's what a public forum is all about. If i'm wrong i'll get you a whopper
grin.gif

Originally Posted by waverder

Just got an email that 1 order for a pair of Sz 8 Concords just got refused from urbanindustry.

My order before that was paid for and good to go. Looks like I'll have a friend that will miss out on his Sz 8.

Beware NTers.. UI appears to be emailing out refund notices.
Figured they would be sending out emails today.. Hopefully I don't get one.
ohwell.gif

CORRECT.

NOT A SINGLE PERSON WILL LOSE MONEY RESELLING THESE CONCORDS.

I PLAN ON NOT SELLING A SINGLE PAIR IN MY STOCK FOR LESS THAN $280-$300 A PAIR.

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Does anyone have any tips for trying to buy off of Eastbay? I've never ordered from them before but I'm going to try because I was unable to get my size from my local stores. I know the chances of me actually getting a pair are very low but I'm going to try anyways so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does it make any difference that I would be ordering from Canada with a Canadian credit card?

I asked earlier what time would be best to call them thursday night. Some dude said he called at 11:58  when the CG's released and they told him it was to early. He called right back, and couldn't get in touch with a representative. My guess it's a hit or miss with eastbay. You have to call at like the perfect second. I wish i can help you more, as i too plan on getting mine from eastbay. Not my only option but preferred none the less.

Eastbay crashed when they released Lebron 9 Chinas last week. I really wasn't trying to buy them but I just wanted a practice run for the Concords this week. Needless to say, I'm not going to try to cop from eastbay website.

Back
Top Bottom