Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Mission Accomplished.

Just snagged my pair from a local mom & pop shop. My cuz knew they was getting their shipment at 12, so you know we was there. There was a couple other guys about 6 of us in total. The shop announced they was $275, and we all went like $hit but we all knew no one was going to leave. They grab my size 11, and I go to pay give dude 280. And to my surprise dude gave me 30 back. Gave him the my ninja nod and smile then bounced.

Got wifey a pair too. Ice Cube good day type of day. Now I proceed to continue bumping my TM103.

Oh yeah props to 4 shoes and teller360 they gave me mad help, you know the whole point of this forum.

Originally Posted by rojanjon

@160jordansdeep...I don't think people pointing out reseller prices are crying or necessarily are the ones that don't have their pairs. I point it out because for me it seems to be a trend and the ever-increasing demise of a culture I once loved. Many of the family I came up collecting with are bowing out or already have and this new breed of over-hyped poor quality fiendin' hypebeasts are the new generation of heads. I have my pair but I'm working hard to take care of my friends out here and on the network I've built. So, they don't have to camp out and leave their families for the night. Just having to work a little harder than usual as there have been some new kinks thrown into the process with some recent developments at JB and NIKE.
i here you man
But this has always been a very selfish hobby 

i dont consider buying selling and collecting sneakers a culture 

its more of a culture of making money 

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

I hear there are people waiting at the Hawaii FTL's already too.... craziness

Was at Ala Moana earlier today, did not see anyone waiting there. But im sure they will be soon enough. 

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

They lined up over here at my spot since yesterday. Htown is sowed up.They charging 200 + tax

Now imagine what Active Athlete is gonna hit cats 4 on Friday!!!!! Soon as I get off work imma find a legit spot if possible!

Originally Posted by 86crookedways

Mission Accomplished.

Just snagged my pair from a local mom & pop shop. My cuz knew they was getting their shipment at 12, so you know we was there. There was a couple other guys about 6 of us in total. The shop announced they was $275, and we all went like $hit but we all knew no one was going to leave. They grab my size 11, and I go to pay give dude 280. And to my surprise dude gave me 30 back. Gave him the ninja nod and smile then bounced.

Got wifey a pair too. Ice Cube good day type of day. Now I proceed to continue bumping my TM103.

Oh yeah props to 4 shoes and teller360 they gave me mad help, you know the whole point of this forum.

Congrats.  NT should always be about helping each other out.  All it takes is a simple PM.

just handed over the cash to my boy to hold me a pair at my local spot. i feel fortunate the have some local hook-ups. it's all about the connects when it comes to a shoe release like this. anyone that ordered from ui know when they ship?

camping and making $50? Surely whoever does that is definitely not "doing it" right
laugh.gif
there are plenty of people here on NT and in the real world who never have to line up for releases,esp. GRs and who have access to numerous pairs at retail or less...that's the "true reseller"....but if you're gonna go and camp hours to make $50 off one pair,then welp,you're doing it all wrong....Id understand if one person went with their whole family for wristbands and resold pairs,then yeah,I guess its worth it, but he's still not "doing it" right if he has to camp outside for hours....Resellers made their money on these,esp. Early sites who sold fakes to a whole $%&* load of NTers and others
laugh.gif
I feel sorry for those people......people will have FSRs and more in their possession and will make bank on them....$50 profit (minimum) x let's say 20 pairs, that's an easy $1k made...if sold for more,profit can reach as high as $1500-2k.....

Just my two cents

Originally Posted by 843airmaestro

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by hawkflight6

Does anyone have any tips for trying to buy off of Eastbay? I've never ordered from them before but I'm going to try because I was unable to get my size from my local stores. I know the chances of me actually getting a pair are very low but I'm going to try anyways so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does it make any difference that I would be ordering from Canada with a Canadian credit card?

I asked earlier what time would be best to call them thursday night. Some dude said he called at 11:58  when the CG's released and they told him it was to early. He called right back, and couldn't get in touch with a representative. My guess it's a hit or miss with eastbay. You have to call at like the perfect second. I wish i can help you more, as i too plan on getting mine from eastbay. Not my only option but preferred none the less.

Man I'd call and ask about different shoes etc., anything not related to Concords. Then at 12 say I want to place an order for some Concords. I've used this with ticketmaster, called 15 minutes ahead of time and scored every time
That's what i was thinking of aswell. I can talk like real slow, make it sound like im doing a million things as im talking to them so they have a hard time understanding what im saying, Pretend to be searching for a different product. have them describe the product to me, and pretend to  be looking it up on their website as their describing it to me. Than "BAM", at 12 when the concords are on their website, be like " ohh i like those, i think i'll get them xi's instead" lol 

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

camping and making $50? Surely whoever does that is definitely not "doing it" right
laugh.gif
there are plenty of people here on NT and in the real world who never have to line up for releases,esp. GRs and who have access to numerous pairs at retail or less...that's the "true reseller"....but if you're gonna go and camp hours to make $50 off one pair,then welp,you're doing it all wrong....Id understand if one person went with their whole family for wristbands and resold pairs,then yeah,I guess its worth it, but he's still not "doing it" right if he has to camp outside for hours....Resellers made their money on these,esp. Early sites who sold fakes to a whole $%&* load of NTers and others
laugh.gif
I feel sorry for those people......people will have FSRs and more in their possession and will make bank on them....$50 profit (minimum) x let's say 20 pairs, that's an easy $1k made...if sold for more,profit can reach as high as $1500-2k.....

Just my two cents

this man knows what he types 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by waverder

Just got an email that 1 order for a pair of Sz 8 Concords just got refused from urbanindustry.

My order before that was paid for and good to go. Looks like I'll have a friend that will miss out on his Sz 8.

Beware NTers.. UI appears to be emailing out refund notices.

Yea, I just got a partial refund from them this morning, but can't tell which size it was......

Originally Posted by verysteri otypical

Originally Posted by bigsupa

119810_o.gif

ISSSSSSSH JUST GOT REAL....

MY SURE CONNECT JUST TOLD ME HE CAN'T GET ME ANYTHING....FOR ANYONE ELSE.

mad.gif

THIS RELEASE IS NO JOKE..

im sorry but this is what people get for relying on their "connects" that they flaunt having. how about doing the work for yourself then you wont S.O.L. a day before release...
I WAS TRYING TO BE NICE TO A COUPLE OF NT'ers I AM COOL WITH...MY PAIRS ARE SECURED.
Originally Posted by KidKrazy007

@bigsupa - Did your connect work at Footlocker? There was a district conference call here yesterday stating how serious they are about this release and won't tolerate managers holding stock, unless you no longer want to be employed!
LET'S JUST SAY HE'S A BOSS OF A BOSS..SO IF HE CAN'T HELP ME OUT...THERE IS NO HOPE...

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

@160jordansdeep...I don't think people pointing out reseller prices are crying or necessarily are the ones that don't have their pairs. I point it out because for me it seems to be a trend and the ever-increasing demise of a culture I once loved. Many of the family I came up collecting with are bowing out or already have and this new breed of over-hyped poor quality fiendin' hypebeasts are the new generation of heads. I have my pair but I'm working hard to take care of my friends out here and on the network I've built. So, they don't have to camp out and leave their families for the night. Just having to work a little harder than usual as there have been some new kinks thrown into the process with some recent developments at JB and NIKE.
i here you man
But this has always been a very selfish hobby 

i dont consider buying selling and collecting sneakers a culture 

its more of a culture of making money 
True man, that has always been a part of it, but it seemed more of a marginal element back in the day.  The demand has grown exponentially in the last 2-5 years.
I remember good feelings and meeting really good people (that I still stay in contact with and consider friends) standing in small lines for big releases or copping kicks. There was never this large of an element of cut-throat reselling at the expense of others.  And, the ones that make me laugh the most are the ones that are doing it and frontin' like they're "helping someone out." 
laugh.gif

If that ain't hypocrisy I don't know what is.

In the mid-late 90's and early 2000 it just felt more mellow and community.  Shared interests.  Shared goals.  Trading.  Helping each other.  But, man that $$$$$$ is a B.  It'll turn some into shady individuals that trick themselves out, not even realizing it.  Hope it was worth it.  

As always, peace and respect to everyone.  My Concords will sit for a looooong time before they touch the streets.  I'm not clowning around while every jack and jill sport them on the streets.  I'll stay wearing my I's and old V's.  Makes me feel nice....
laugh.gif

Anyways, I'm never worried about kicks.  I never have and I never will.  My main focus at this point is taking care of my family one last time and stepping out...
pimp.gif

Tomorrow heading to my local mall in Sacramento, the 12hr journey will begin........ I WILL NOT LOSE!!

I asked earlier what time would be best to call them thursday night. Some dude said he called at 11:58  when the CG's released and they told him it was to early. He called right back, and couldn't get in touch with a representative. My guess it's a hit or miss with eastbay. You have to call at like the perfect second. I wish i can help you more, as i too plan on getting mine from eastbay. Not my only option but preferred none the less.

Man I'd call and ask about different shoes etc., anything not related to Concords. Then at 12 say I want to place an order for some Concords. I've used this with ticketmaster, called 15 minutes ahead of time and scored every time
That's what i was thinking of aswell. I can talk like real slow, make it sound like im doing a million things as im talking to them so they have a hard time understanding what im saying, Pretend to be searching for a different product. have them describe the product to me, and pretend to  be looking it up on their website as their describing it to me. Than "BAM", at 12 when the concords are on their website, be like " ohh i like those, i think i'll get them xi's instead" lol 

roll.gif

good strategy...might try that too.

After getting my orders cancelled by wg and sns, I'll be on NDC and Eastbay like last year. NDC's gonna crash like no other.

Originally Posted by freezyfreeky

Some will pay more. If one wants it bad enough; to some, money isn't an option. Some will get lucky enough to sell their shoes to needy buyers. Theres no doubt in my mind that some rich guy would have no problem purshasing from resellers at $400-500 even. But because a couple buyers bought it that price, doen't mean that they set the value. Hypothetically speaking, if in fact you're selling your shoes $300-400 and were only sucsefull at selling 2 out of the 10 your selling for that price. Are they really valued at $300-400?

you stated that "If you think you're going to be able to flip these for $300 or more, you'll just be wasting your time."
i was simply saying that i strongly believe on average they will be selling for $300+ steadily.
if i'm wrong i will buy you a big mac.
I feel you, our opinions just differ, No disrespect. By definition that's what a public forum is all about. If i'm wrong i'll get you a whopper
grin.gif

likewise, good sir.
and i'll be holding you to your word.
if my prediction comes to fruition i'll take that with cheese please.

Originally Posted by jkim5157

Originally Posted by waverder

Just got an email that 1 order for a pair of Sz 8 Concords just got refused from urbanindustry.

My order before that was paid for and good to go. Looks like I'll have a friend that will miss out on his Sz 8.

Beware NTers.. UI appears to be emailing out refund notices.

Yea, I just got a partial refund from them this morning, but can't tell which size it was......

Does it show that one pair has been canceled when you log in to UI?

Man I remember camping out for the black/red XI's back in the mid 2000s. This stuff now is just insane especially considering the fact that my feet went and grew since then. What are you guys doing who wear a 14 or bigger though. I'm a 14 and all the foot lockers say they only come in 13 there.

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

QFT.  
Hypebeasts buyin up 3x what they would ever need even to flip and it's makin' it hard for folks to copp a single...rude awakening when you can't flip your 15 pairs for $300+...I hope...this attitude has killed the sneakergame...
ohwell.gif
that's the thing... they will get $300 + for them 
frown.gif
Doubt anytime soon though. Lately thats what many of the 00's have been selling for. $300-400. I still see the same exact CG's that dudes were TRYING sell in march for $300-350 on their ebay listing. Nobody's going to buy them for that much. If you think you're going to be able to flip these for $300 or more, you'll just be wasting your time, or "prayng" that someone is in dire need of these.
As much as I hate this, I do believe that the 2011 Concords will be selling from $300+. I do agree with you that the 2010 Cool Greys rarely sold for $300 and the reason for that the the Cool Greys are no where near the class of the Concords. Also, the price of the 2009 Space Jams and 2008 Black/Red 11 CDP prices are currently selling over $300 easily. I think that the price will dip below $300 at first, but then gradually increase. By the end of next year, it will probably hit nearly $400
frown.gif

Got my pair in the mail today from local shop in SC. They did a Monday release. Overall very pleased. Left shoe has some crookedness to the 23 but thats minor.

Originally Posted by SneakerD

GOOD GOD!
is the patent leather cut size specific? meaning it will look better/have little more on 11 than 11.5?
Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

this shoe is going to be a huge resell
only people crying about reseller are the people with no way of getting a pair at retail unless they camp or dont have the cash to buy a pair in the first place
not trying to hate on people who cant get a pair at retail (i did not on the Concords and in the past 2 years i got space jams & cool greys at retail 2 pairs each)

certainly I only have cash for one retail pair, just trying my luck out online hoping that there would have been enough pairs anyway after all the the lineups, campouts and secret stashing

Man I'm having a tough time focusing on anything that isn't sneaker related right now
laugh.gif
:

I can't wait till this release is over so we can all put the madness behind us

I'm really looking forward to reading this board in 36 hrs from now, I'm sure there will be some interesting stories from the mid night releases and the eastbay/NDC crash that is all but guaranteed to happen

Back
Top Bottom