Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by southwestern

i'm surprised by how many people were underestimating how big of a mess this release would be. maybe it was just wishful thinking on their part; hoping that it would be a cake-walk to get a pair. its obvious that if you want a pair of coveted j's for retail on release day you have to have MJ "game". case in point, after i found out they were releasing i asked my girl to apply at the mall for seasonal help; when we found out her store wasnt getting them, she dressed in her work outfit and showed up to the mall 1 hour before the doors were to be opened-tried to enter in an employee entrance, only to find it locked. so she talked to a security guard that was sitting in his truck and told him that she was there to open her store but that the doors were locked. he takes her to doors on the other side of the mall and lets her in, then she walks to infront of the store that was releasing the shoe and waits for the gates to open. i know that when the first person (that had been camping out) made it there he was probably trying to figure out how the hell she was there already.

now on another note i thing think its a shame what people had to go through to NOT be able to get a pair.

needless to say:COPPED
Riveting tale, old chap.

^

The fact that you're admitting that you will lie and deceive to get a pair of shoes is exactly what many on this thread are talking about. It's truly sad

wow...NDC working fast..i should have paid the $25 for next day service...i didn't think that they would process these so quickly...glad that they are getting these out to customers.
2 out of my 3 orders on NDC have shipped....only the order for my son hasn't.
sucks that they won't be here by xmas, but i am content knowing that my 4 pr are on the way!
-sf77

Get ready for people to be heated. NDC JUST CANCELED MY EMAIL CONFIRMED ORDER. Order went through approx 9:02 pst, email confirmation shortly after. Spent an hour on the phone with Ndc customer service, all they say is "we apologize".

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

why are all of these orders with free Ground getting shipped...yet I paid for Next Day Air and my order is still being processed??? @$+?

Originally Posted by dwnbythebay29

Get ready for people to be heated. NDC JUST CANCELED MY EMAIL CONFIRMED ORDER. Order went through approx 9:02 pst, email confirmation shortly after. Spent an hour on the phone with Ndc customer service, all they say is "we apologize".

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

ohhhhh wow......this could get ugly....
-sf77

Got a pair for myself and my girl from NDC after about 45 mins. Got conf email still waitin to ship. I went to the mall around the corner from my house at about 9 to get a pair for my daughter cuz i figured it should have died down by then. Every sneaker store was had ridiculous lines and cops at every door. lookin from the 2nd floor it looked like zombies invaded the mall. anyways went back home and slept for 3 hours then went back. So wound up wit a pair for me, my girl and my daughter. This is my 5th pair of concords (9th pair of XI's) but the first i got to buy brand new not on ebay for resale so im definately glad. That being said i think im done coppin XI's now but im sure people say that all the time

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

#!#
frown.gif
  how did that happen???  plenty of pairs as of 902PST

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^

The fact that you're admitting that you will lie and deceive to get a pair of shoes is exactly what many on this thread are talking about. It's truly sad

lol im sayin though 

Free ground shipping and mine are in transit. I'm away for the holiday, but they should be there the day I get home
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Honestly I saw the best and worst of this release Kop hoh was awesome and organized as always. But Springfield was a mess with gate crashing and just overall stupidity. Got my two pairs in my size regardless and a pair for my daughter congrats to everyone who got them. And if u didn't hop on the phone to low volume footlockers word on the street is a few orders got held up at customs and there will be some stores releasing on Monday.

Originally Posted by stuntastic020

I just got off the phone with Finish Line and she told me that it doesn't matter that I received two separate order numbers for two separate orders, anything can be canceled. She told me there is just as good of a chance of them getting canceled as fulfilled. I guess the online orders are fulfilled from their stores and their warehouse and they're currently "trying to locate sizes for all of the orders".

If anyone else calls Finish Line I'd like to know what they tell them.

I called them a few hours ago, They told me that they didnt see any orders under name SMH! I checked my paypal account and its still under pending status....Its been more than 12 hours and no email confirmation ,So i guess it didnt go through, I still consider getting myslef lucky in copping a pair....Kudos to everyone in grabbing a pair.

The sneaker game changed people buying to make a profit, Hopefully we get restocks for the people who didnt get a chance to get them!

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS.

Worried now, mine went through at 11:03 CST, confirmation not too long after. No shipping confirmation yet... 
ohwell.gif

kids messing up peoples concord auction on ebay bidding up to 800 for a pair.....2 years ago same thing happned w space jams ..sellers will feel like crap once thier auction ends and not get any response from buyer

@manamazin and realtalkaz......all i did was ask her to apply for seasonal help; everything else she did on her own. and i think people being robbed, resellers, and shootings/stabbings and riots are "what people are talking about". not what my girl did.

Have to share my horror story. Go to the mall at 4 a.m. since they won't allow camp outs. I wasn't shocked but was disgusted to see 50+ people already there. No doing my homework only 2 stores got them, foot action and sheikh, 12 each; total of 24 for sale. I know sheikh is a shady store so I figure about 7-8 pairs after employees. So I say eff it and walk to another entrance hoping to grab a pair from sheikh since footaction would be sold out if I waited with the rest of the hood rats and douches. Doors open at 5:45 and there's a mad dash to sheikh. Looks like the scene from "night of the living dead". Absolute ghetto with people shoving and yelling who was there first. Wasn't worth it to get in a fight over a pair of shoes so I walked out with nothing. I'm still good since ndc came thru for me for once. End up chatting with the managers of footaction and footlocker on the way out. Both said they wish they could of secured me a pair but they weren't allowed to hold pairs unlike other shady managers who hook-up employees and friends. Best thing I heard leaving was one tool who looks at me and says "I got my pair!" like he won the lottery. Then he asks " do you know where security is? I locked my keys in my car." I just chuckled to myself and went home since I don't do stupid stuff like that.

Okay, so here's my story: My brother is a manager for a DTLR so getting pairs wasn't a problem. I picked him up and we get to his store at 9am so he can open. By the time we get there, my other homeboy from out of town arrives with his other homeboy. We wait in line and the line gets really unruly. I mean, all walks of life are out there..teenage girls, teenage boys, moms, dads, small children and grandmothers
eek.gif
. Chicago Police is everywhere in case stuff pops off because there already had been a few murders around the Chicago aera for these Concords. At 9:45, the store opens and they start selling sizes because its cold outside and people in the line are getting unruly and are yelling out obscenities. After 15 minutes all mens sizes are sold out and the crowd goes crazy when the store announces that they only have kids sizes.

By this point, my boy leaves to go to another DTLR to get his second size 12 (which he ends up having no luck with). So me and his homeboy enter the store even though they are selling kids sizes, because ou sizes are held to the store. But in order to cop, we had to wait until the store clears out some to avoid a riot. So, after the people from the lineup outside leave, the people with management hookup start to check out. The guy in front of me buys 5 various sizes to give out to various teenagers on his basketball team. I cop two for myself, it was supposed to be 10 but one of the other store asscoiates accidentally sold my size 10. I buy my boys three sizes and am done.

My boy calls me and says that that he's missing $200 in change. I guess it falls out of my hand or gets mixed up in the melee, or he loses it. To save face of our friendship, I tell him I'll give him the $200: $100 tomorrow so that he can get back home to Michigan and $100 next week after I sell a pair of my shoes.
grin.gif
 So, despite the missing money and the crazy line, Im glad to have them. Quality is decent but not excellent, and after the hassle of getting these, I'll just stick with what I have. And let this be a lesson to all,if your friend hands you money to cop multiples of a shoe, tell them no.

Back
Top Bottom