Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Let's all just take some time and remember where it all began.  Since these joints cost 180 a pop, man I wishthese shoes can help me dunk a 10 ft rim.

Originally Posted by chezzer10

Originally Posted by sneakergameinsane

Anyone seen this video?
Check it out HERE

Activist in Houston want lower prices and more availability of the 11's

I think we all want the same thing but the madness will never end for 11's 

I saw the video and believe me it falls on deaf ears. I do not not support his stance of having the shoe price be lowered because then the resellers would buy up even more pairs and leave less behind. If I ran a business and I sold a successful product and I am profiting from the price I set it as and then have it lowered to appease a certain few that just doesn't make much business sense. I have to pay the workers, the promotion staff, etc etc etc etc. Even if another million pairs get released there will be people who will still not the get a pair and be bitter about it. Nike knows the market urban, suburban, city, globally, etc. They read these sites, they do their research. Nothing that is happening right now is catching them off guard because they know you the consumer will do anything for them and that you have the $ to buy 1 or 20 pair. Now do I hate that real people here who work hard have jobs, families, etc cannot get a pair because they are either working or whatever and resellers camp out or buy them all online etc or websites crashing yeah it stinks but life goes on I realized. I read an interesting comment on one of the videos of people being stepped on and he said "it would be a cold day in hell when you see these many kids running towards a library" and you know what that stuck with me the whole day. I do not mean to preach or be judgmental but life is big and just have to live it day by day. To all those who haven't got a pair seriously I will be praying you get your pair and hopefully it completes you until the next big thing. Until then stay strong and if it is meant to be then it is meant to be and if hear of any mom and pops or Malls in Long Island NY then I would post it right away I rather help one get a pair than me profit from it.

Peace
What promotion? You dont see any commercials for Retro 11s. If there were, the hype would have been MUCH worse. The 11s sell on word of mouth. 
I blame these greedy resellers who buy 3+ pairs. I granted I bought 2 but sold my 2nd pair only because I wasn't happy with them. You can only wear 1 pair at a time, why do you need 8+ pairs for yourself? It's sad because for the people who cut back on one of their pairs, that could have gone to someone who didn't end up with any. You want to know the reason why XIs were readily available back in 2000 and 1995? Because people weren't buying 10+ pairs. Most would buy 1 and there was the select few who bought 2 pairs..one to wear then and one to break out in the future. And for those of you saying "well I wanted to trade for another XI", stop being lazy and just shell out the bread getting the XIs you want.

Originally Posted by osyrhiz

Originally Posted by Beyond the Glory

Originally Posted by jecca650

What stores in the bay restocked??

^^^^ this
Same stores that always re-stock! Do some leg work.
Like someone above me said....whats the point of posting this info if ur not gonna help? This is my LEG work. Unfortunately I do not have the resources as alot of people on here or the time to dedicate as much as others either. Besides, what difference does it make - since they sold out? I'm just wondering because I'd like to know what stores restocked and what kind of "chance" I had @ actually getting them @ retail price.

I dont come on this forum alot like before and I certainly recognize your username from way back when - I just dont understand the stinginess some people have ---- everyone is on here wanting to get a pair, yet so many people are actually on here seeming to "prevent" others from getting them
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Rocket

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Originally Posted by Rocket

Originally Posted by ccastro02

roll.gif
NYS schools were open that friday. I guess thats the excuse you told mom
and dad.
And by doing so jb creates unnecessary hype that the shoe doesn't need; Being that it is by defualt a hyped up shoe.

You obviously have ZERO knowledge about this business. Sorry bro, but you're being a completely naive idiot if you think Nike doesn't know EXACTLY what it's doing for each and every release. The hype = news stories = a shoe's "legendary" status = EVERYBODY wanting a pair = more $$$ for Nike. Don't be dumb, it's not that hard. Regarding your post about how each store should get 80-100 pairs, RIDICULOUS. This goes back to the hype Nike WANTS to garner for these 12/23 releases. If they make these pairs more readily available and easier to obtain, sure it might make more money for Nike on THIS release, but Nike isn't Puma. Meaning they don't need the money. They are looking at the big picture. Hype right now = people talking about Nike = people buying Nike products = more $$$ for Nike down the road. C'mon man, wise up.
That's what hypebeast's have been lead to beleive cough cough**. I see i touched weak spot. Believe what you want, nike did a horrible job with this release.

Please let me know EXACTLY what "hypebeasts" are led to believe. I'm talking straight business. Disregard the shoes. For ANY product, hype = $$$. Yikes, man. Read the Walstreet Journal much? Probably not, but let me inform you that they wrote an article about how smart Nike brand is for pulling stuff off like this. You're kidding yourself if you think they handled this wrong. They handled it completely right. I'm absolutely positive you don't know a damn thing about business after your flurry of pedantic posts. Boom.

Name calling aside, I agree with you. This was a great release for Nike. I don't see how anyone who knows anything about business would say otherwise.

You had people talking about Jordan's who would not ordinarily, who looked them up to see what the big deal was. I had family members asking me to explain it to them. Every news cast had news of the new Jordan release, which is better than any commercial.

It's going to make demand increase next year. Think about all the kids in schools envious of the other kids with the "hard to get" Jordan's going for $400 on ebay.

^^ These activists need to get a clue. The people of Houston you see in these videos ( I am not saying all Houston people) are animals and are ignorant 12 months of the year I am sure, not just when Jordans come out. There was a video posted here a while back of some newer model chevy impala driving behind the reporter opening and closing his "lambo doors" while driving. That is reckless and stupid. And no Jordans were on sale. In his mind thats a cool thing to do. This goes for everywhere not just Houston. These people who start fights and trample people and everything are just thugs and animals. Bottom line. If people could act civilized everything would be fine. These activists need to start policing each other and people in their communities and not a manufacturer of shoes

Originally Posted by italiansneakerhead

Gurus i have a question for you: How much is the black space jams DS from last year?
Many thanks
u mean year before last......now........bout $400 somenthin

Gurus i have a question for you: How much is the black space jams DS from last year?
Many thanks
Black spacejams....
Anyways, last year? Or you mean 09?
09 Space jams ~$275-300

Many thanks

Hey Italian,
Did you get the info on the spot to get the Concords from out there?  I have the link and address.  Its in Bologna.  Just dont take my size cause my guy is headed out there to pick my pair today.

Space Jams came here in 2009...retail was the same $180 I believe.

Originally Posted by JE15306

Originally Posted by ssjjfar

Hannon has some(a?) xi UK 7.5 / US 8.5 in stock
Just looked and cant even find the concords??? Anybody have any links?
Linked they emailed me (https://www.hanon-shop.com/product.php?productid=28445https://www.hanon-shop.com/product.php?productid=28445) doesn't work now, it wasn't my size so I never bother clicked it when I got it.
Either they sent out a bad link, or they sold whatever shoe(s) they had, and took it back down.

Hannon has some(a?) xi UK 7.5 / US 8.5 in stock
Linked they emailed me (https://www.hanon-shop.com/product.php?productid=28445) doesn't work now, it wasn't my size so I never bother clicked it when I got it.
Either they sent out a bad link, or they sold whatever shoe(s) they had, and took it back down.
Yea me too. said they had a Size 78.5 back in stock and the link is an error in their website. Guess they just don't have them. Bummer
eyes.gif

Linked they emailed me (https://www.hanon-shop.com/product.php?productid=28445) doesn't work now, it wasn't my size so I never bother clicked it when I got it.
Yea me too. said they had a Size 78.5 back in stock and the link is an error in their website. Guess they just don't have them. Bummer
eyes.gif

i got the same email, 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by glove72

Many thanks

Hey Italian,
Did you get the info on the spot to get the Concords from out there?  I have the link and address.  Its in Bologna.  Just dont take my size cause my guy is headed out there to pick my pair today.

retail was $175.
they go for about $300+ these days.

Originally Posted by glove72

Many thanks

Hey Italian,

Hate to tell you my man 2 days ago they were sold out of anything over a 9.5 Good luck though and if they restock I will be there and Milan.Still need to get the wife a pair

Back
Top Bottom