Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

my order from CT came with a hole in the bottom of the shipping box. The shoes were not damaged but you can tell someone looked through the shoes because the wrapping paper was ripped. The box was marked as other not gift. I did not have any customs form, the value was marked at 110

I havent got my kicks from NatterJacks also. They said they would send out tracking info, but I havent seen any email from them today

its time to break out this tee. nice day in so cal
v58imp.jpg

Originally Posted by mattwhite2385

is 280 shipped a good price for concords??? he has the receipt from niketown that will be included... thanks

Dude, you need to jump on a plane and go pick those up YESTERDAY!
smile.gif
Great price. 

is 280 shipped a good price for concords??? he has the receipt from niketown that will be included... thanks

$280 shipped is a great deal. Better not sleep on that deal.

Considering on ebay they're still going for $100 more, yeah

Originally Posted by dunks318ti

Just picked up my CT order from usps.

2 pairs. Value 220 GBP. Customs Fee: $41.49 USD

Shipping box was beat to hell, opened and retaped by Customs.

Concord boxes NOT sliced open LOL. Good shape and shoes were flawless.

Any other questions lemme know...
im thinking they just randomly check boxes cuz my pair from CT came with both boxes completely in tact, nobody went through em or anything and no custom fee.

and this whole thing with the $250 being the over/under for customs is just a NT rumor as far as im concerned cuz im noticing some dudes who ordered multiple pairs and/or have been charged way more than the 250 not get billed by customs.

Originally Posted by Dark Skinned Jermaine

Just picked up my CT order from usps.

2 pairs. Value 220 GBP. Customs Fee: $41.49 USD

Shipping box was beat to hell, opened and retaped by Customs.

Concord boxes NOT sliced open LOL. Good shape and shoes were flawless.

Any other questions lemme know...
im thinking they just randomly check boxes cuz my pair from CT came with both boxes completely in tact, nobody went through em or anything and no custom fee.

and this whole thing with the $250 being the over/under for customs is just a NT rumor as far as im concerned cuz im noticing some dudes who ordered multiple pairs and/or have been charged way more than the 250 not get billed by customs.
Well if the item is marked as a gift that is one way of avoiding being taxed. 

Got home to find my CT pair on the doorstep...
pimp.gif

I'm VERY pleased with my pair.  Seems I got very lucky, aside from a few minor flaws, my kicks are gorgeous...once again I am very grateful and very happy...no complaints here.

Also seems that I avoided the customs hassle.  My box was untouched.  I know the haters gonna hate...who cares, I'm feelin' good...Peace

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

a0d266e58bc0b8a06dba9321f5a84af5f24f4cc0_r.jpg
ea1266d5cecce82c648af429f7cd02e5b2e1ccb4_r.jpg
4d43652958a3cc6386fa6e09a11f248890e8c477_r.jpg
a352636512c79848630a5120a5591eae55640d74_r.jpg
7b1361435352c56687e56adea69f24657daeed97_r.jpg
1ab16354c7826ea82063dd3dfdc93ebf0c58587a_r.jpg
0ca36a235340c35388f4629da7932e7b797f418e_r.jpg
7d426ef53aca08de688aaf2bfe4bf76db49f2498_r.jpg
e68362e556e0c3ec88696af4ae362fd55338226d_r.jpg
2cc36af854e7cfa38c77696faf2c256b39091d1b_r.jpg

If you think about it, customs fees isn't that bad...it sucks but:

1.) I didn't pax CA 9.75% tax
2.) I didn't pay Global EMS Express shipping
3.) Shoes were under US retail (at least Crooked Tongues anyway 110 GBP each)

All in all, it pretty much evens itself out. My customs fee for 2 pairs was $41.97

Customs isn't that bad if its coming through USPS, but private couriers like Fedex or UPS charge brokerage fees on top of the assessed customs fee.
The standard rate for sneakers is approximately 10%. That is what you should pay if something is coming through USPS and it gets caught up in customs. With Fedex and UPS you get hit with the 10% asssessed customs fee and the brokerage fee. Also with USPS you usually pay the postal delivery person at the time of delivery. With Fedex or UPS sometimes they just leave you the package then mail you a bill at a later date.

I had a bunch of bills sent to me from Fedex one time from some international orders and I told them if I had known they were going to charge me the exorbitant brokerage fees I would have refused delivery and I told them I had no intention of ever paying them.

Also, in my experience things coming into the country via UPS or Fedex that should be assessed customs fees usually are. When things come via USPS (regular mail) it frequently slips through with no fees even when it should. 

I've ordered from overseas plenty of times, and honestly, customs is hit or miss.  It seems like a bunch of NTers are hit with customs this release though hmm.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

A LOT OF HOOPS TO JUMP THROUGH JUST FOR A PAIR OF SHOES.

I KNOW NOW NOT TO ORDER FROM OVERSEAS NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED AT FOR FUTURE RELEASES.

What hoops?????
As others have said, If EACH individual order isn't over $250.00 no custom fees. That simple

Ordered and received two pairs( Separate) and since each was sold to me for much lees than the $250 cut off for fees

So much harder than camping out with other people on the streets or fighting the crowds, whew! So tough
roll.gif
roll.gif

So, this has probably been answered numerous times but I still don't have one myself. Were these classified as a limited release or a general release? Just curious...

So has anybody had their orders from CT cancelled this late into the waiting game???
I know some are still waiting for their shipping confirmation...

Originally Posted by Bombbiggidyphil

So, this has probably been answered numerous times but I still don't have one myself. Were these classified as a limited release or a general release? Just curious...

the biggest general release in a long long time. A-hole employees and resellers may have made it seem like it was limited but it def wasn't. That combined with the fact that I think they kept a LARGE portion of these for online retail

Look like I'm going to have to pay reseller price .Ill wait a couple more releases and see if they're prices will drop

Originally Posted by LeoUnot

Great. My Wellgosh order was cancelled last night...

When did you order????
Yea, my CT order was cancelled really late as well too!! such a blower but nothing you can really do....

Back
Top Bottom