Official Air Jordan XI Concord Release thread 12/23/11 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Originally Posted by spOOfy

So let me start off my cool story bro. Ordered 3 pairs. One from Mental Kicks on 12/19/11 because I was worried about not being able to cop these due to working extended holiday hours. And two pairs from Crooked Tongues on 12/23/11 when I got home from work around 1am and miraculously saw they still had some in stock for ordering. Paid shipping for both at CT but they shipped one of my orders with the sneaker saver (free and slow shipping with no tracking) option so it's still in transit.
frown.gif

Fast forward today, I received my MK pair from the mailwoman and my CT pair earlier this week. Both shipped by USPS.

Now on to the part where you guys care about. The comparison between the CT pair and MK pair.

I apologize beforehand for any huge pictures and the quality. Only have this crappy cellphone camera on hand with me. If you guys want to request better pictures of something for comparison just ask and I'll see if I can borrow my sister's camera.
  • Both packages. Maybe CT splitting up my order was a good thing and saved me on any custom fees. [+]
    V8r5d.jpg
  • CT box on top, MK on bottom. MK box had the suggested retail tab for $180 and they were charging $260 for these.
    eyes.gif
    I paid the extra $10 to have my shoe double boxed and bubbled wrapped [+]
    4Ae90.jpg
    Like on some of the videos posted before, the MK box had a different feel on the 23 and jumpman from the CT box. The MK box did have that indentation feel whereas the CT box had a deeper indentation on them. The grooves felt deeper and more bold on the CT box
  • Inside the MK box, there was this purple stain on the paper and a strong smell. The CT pair had no stains and did not have that strong smell. [+]
    sBAvP.jpg
  • The stamp inside the CT box. [+]
    wVJlg.jpg
    No stamp inside the MK box. [+]
    DYULH.jpg
    As you can see the paper is a little different too. Same colors but the pattern is a bit different.
  • Size tag on CT shoe. [+]
    afufv.jpg
    MK tag. Sorry it's a bit blurry, it says at the end 09/08/11 [+]
    v03Zs.jpg
  • On to the shoes straight out from the box. Left pair MK right pair CT. You can already tell the shape is different. The MK pair is more fat/wide while the CT pair is slimmer. [+]
    20BS5.jpg
  • Side by side toe down view of the left shoe. Left shoe is MK, right is CT [+]
    baHSw.jpg
    The right shoes. Left is MK, right is CT [+]
    svSW6.jpg
  • Side by side rear view of the left shoe. The left one is from MK and the right is from CT [+]
    NPIe1.jpg
    Up close view of the MK shoe. [+]
    ks38Q.jpg
    Up close view of the CT shoe. [+]
    06zzr.jpg
  • Side by side rear view of the right shoe. PL cut is higher on the MK pair pictured on the left. [+]
    Yt2F8.jpg
    Close up of the MK shoe. Not as bad as the left shoe but still not perfect like the CT shoe. [+]
    rjcU9.jpg
  • The jumpman and 23 on the left shoe. MK on left, CT on right. [+]
    naYkV.jpg
    Same view again for the right shoe. MK on left, CT on right. [+]
    cAbST.jpg
  • The tongue on my MK pairs. At least it doesn't say JOQDAN.
    indifferent.gif
    [+]
    yQtyX.jpg
    Spoiler [+]
    ufNua.jpg
  • Toe box. MK pair on the left, CT pair on the right. [+]
    DYPJL.jpg
    Sorry for crappy quality but you can see through the toe on the MK pair. [+]
    GOvfY.jpg
    Close up of the CT shoe. Can't see through at all. [+]
    XC21y.jpg
    The MK pair had a more blue shade compared to the CT pair.
  • The sole view of the left shoe. MK on top, CT on bottom [+]
    dY3Gt.jpg
    Same view of the right shoe. MK on top, CT on bottom [+]
    FSISI.jpg
There you have it. A comparison between the Mental Kicks pair and a general release pair, in this case, purchased from Crooked Tongues. Sad part about this is I paid more for the MK pair. I took a gamble and I lost. I'll take this as an L and a lesson learned. Hope this helps and educates people for future releases. I hope I can get a refund from MK. If not I'll throw it up on craigslist and be upfront about where I bought it from. Sell it for what I paid for or maybe even less.
Dont take it as a loss. If you feel the shoes are fake and you used a credit card call the credit card company and dispute the charge. Tell them the merchandise is fake and the retailer will not respond to your return requests. Its complete crap that web sites listed as legit (not sure if MK is or not but see SDS and Air Randy) are selling fakes. I bought from SDS when everyone was saying they were legit but when the shoes started to arrive we all found out that we were wrong or least had an idea. Then when RD pairs arrived and compared to early release pairs we knew we had be taken. Dont settle for it man. If you feel they are fake get your money back.

Yall need to actually WEAR the sneaker to see the dopeness of it! Why you trying to rock em 5-10 years later or keep them DS when them sh*ts is gonna be yellowed one way or the other. Sh*t just doesn't make sense to me.

SPOOFY great info and detailed pix if this doesn't convince people on MK's status I don't know what will. It's really educational for those still not sure on how tell them apart
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

will some one tell me whats the most they think i should pay for a deadstock pair of jordan 11s anniversary edition? i dont wanna over pay but this is the last color i need

MJ4EVER2320 wrote:
Woooooooohhhhhhhhhooooooooooo! Just got a size 10 for 230! Thanks to all those who tried helping me and to those who kept encouraging not to give up. Thanks to those who provided info on ways to seperate a fake from legit. Ran down the checklists of things to look for and they checked out. Damn this was exhausting for me. Never had to work so hard for a release. Just turned 30 and I am getting ready to.ride off into the sunset. I am really going to enjoy this shoe. For those who don't have a pair........don't give up NT fam.

Peace
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any tips as to where/how you got these for the crazy $230? Thanks!

Originally Posted by Virjose

MJ4EVER2320 wrote:
Woooooooohhhhhhhhhooooooooooo! Just got a size 10 for 230! Thanks to all those who tried helping me and to those who kept encouraging not to give up. Thanks to those who provided info on ways to seperate a fake from legit. Ran down the checklists of things to look for and they checked out. Damn this was exhausting for me. Never had to work so hard for a release. Just turned 30 and I am getting ready to.ride off into the sunset. I am really going to enjoy this shoe. For those who don't have a pair........don't give up NT fam.

Peace
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you should just pay as much as you're asking for those Jumpman Team J's you're selling
smile.gif

MK's version of the Concords look terrible, at least air Randy made an effort to copy these identically.

Anyone ever dealt with Mental Kicks on their return process? Did it go smoothly?

Wondering how much it'll cost to ship it back to them.

thanks guys... i was able to secure a pair of anniversary edition deadstock shipped for $175... aside from the carolina blue and white low top xi's i now have every color.... if anyone has the carolia blue low tops in size 9.5 or 10 hit me up

matt, you have the snakeskin lows and white/red lows and white/citrus lows? those are pretty elusive to find.

MJ4EVER2320 wrote:

Peace

Just kept at it and continued to try to work the guy down from his price.

Originally Posted by cnoriega

MJ4EVER2320 wrote:

Peace

I think you should just pay as much as you're asking for those Jumpman Team J's you're selling
smile.gif

hahaha, the OBO is highly emphasized
wink.gif
not sure what they are worth

yes... they were all copped on release date... I always buy two pairs of the j's i like and at least one if its considered an og colorway... call my hype beast if you want... i love jordans. i have worn the same size for 12 years now... they are all still fresh. I vacuum seal my 11s and put silica packs in the boxes.  Every month they come out for an hour to breath.

i was locked up when the white 25th eds came out... thats why i missed out on them. At the time i didnt really care bc im not big on all white shoes.  But since then, they are the only mids that i dont have and they have really grown on me. Cant wait for them to come in!

img3743kw.jpg

So here are my pairs... But one is from Crooked Tongues and the other is from Ebay. Ebay 

pair suppose to be from NDC.  I have concerns and need the NT Fam's opinion.  Do yall think 

I got a early release garbage vs. NIKE crappy quality control?  All and any comments welcomed 

& appreciated!  THANK YOU!

img3746w.jpg
img3752m.jpg
img3747s.jpg
img3744d.jpg

img3748i.jpg

img3749rt.jpg

Other issue is the pair from Ebay has different colored stitching?  The CT pair had black 

stitching in the shoes.  Has anyone seen this in legit shoes?

img3756ur.jpg

img3757v.jpg

This is the tag from the so called NDC pair... Legit?

img3759c.jpg

Well if they are B-grades vs. early release vs. legit pair. I decided to wear them.

Again thanks for your input and expertise.

img3760ox.jpg

Whats with this purple stamp on the inside of the box everyone is talking about? I bought mine from NikeTown Michigan Ave on release, and i dont have this.

Finally got my pair I'm pretty happy with these might be out of the Jordan game after these good luck to those still out trying to get a pair

Back
Top Bottom