Official Air Jordan XX3 White/Black/Red Post 2/16/08

I ordered from FNL.com at midnight on Friday, and I got confirmation e-mails for both of my orders. Just called them, and both of my orders were placed onhold, since I had them shipped to my work. I talked to the rep, and she said that nobody has been in the system checking why my orders were on hold, so shedoesn't know why they were placed on hold. I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get either pair, I had a hookup in store, I just would rather sleep inand get them online, that will be the last time I do that...........

you guys were reeled in with that limited %!@#. Gentry is laughing all the way to the bank right now. Nobody liked the pix, some people liked the Titaniums,now everyone likes the white/black/reds.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ijapino

I'm glad most of y'all can admit your change of hearts. This wasn't about calling people out to make fun of them. Like I mentioned before, I did this to show how every year it's the same story. Jordans are NEVER liked by EVERYBODY from the start. They all took time. Most people had to have the shoes grow on them before they even considered coppin.

With every new leaked picture of the XX3's, I keep seeing the same complaints over and over...
It's always someone saying they look like some other shoes, or that they looked uninspired or whatever...

Sorry folks, This ultimate-never before seen- sneaker wasn't going to happen. The fact that this shoe was hyped for two years now, made it an impossible to reach goal before we even saw sketches. People were expecting this out-of-the world design, and they got served with a classic, clean looking shoe. Hell, every shoe now a days looks like something else. You can make the connection to almost anything that's out right now. The fact is theres only so much you can do with a shoe. Of course certain design elements are going to resemble something else.

Instant classic? Sorry again, no Air Jordan in recent memory has been an instant classic. None, zero, zilch. They all took time. Name me one recent Air Jordan that was hit from the time we first saw pics? The XX2's looked too plain for most people in the beginning. The XXI's were said to have looked like Reebok ATR's. The XX's? People laughed at the floating strap concept. The list goes on to even the XIs. It took awhile before the XI's patent leather grew on people. I've been around the shoe game long enough to know this happens EVERY year. A new Jordan surfaces, and people are dissapointed. Once they release, it's another story and they become someone's favorite. So instant classic, the XX3's are not. However, that doesn't mean they won't be. What makes alot of Air Jordans great is the subtle details that you don't normally see just from looking at pictures. People need to remember that Air Jordans have never been about pleasing everyone. They don't come out year after year with the expectation that everyone will fall in love with them.

I really liked the shoe once that Lite Sole pic was posted, but when I got to see, hold, and wear them in person, it became one of my top 5 Jays. Ilove my pair...

Originally Posted by mr delorean

Originally Posted by FeelMode

Anyways the hate on Poofyo in these last couple release threads has gotten way out of hand.

no sympathy considering he brings it on himself, and your agenda is also suspect when you admit to re-selling in the EXACT SAME post...
re-selling is suspect? word? re-selling these days is no longer worth it but there was a time where re-selling was the business, that changed with theinflux of teenagers trying to grab a hustle over the last couple years but any real hustler adapts. i had the chance to buy out a stores entire size run anddidn't so save the "suspect" comments for someone else chief. And back to Poofyo, i dont really see him bringing anything on himself, andobviously neither do the mods or he would have caught a suspension by now for all these so called attempts. His sig never even changes, it never says what heis selling rather then just advertising his site. He is by no means the only person with a site on NT that charges well over retail for sneakers. Hedoesn't owe any of you guys anything (with the exception of MAYBE the guy that had his shoes stolen off his porch, but that isnt his fault either). Look idont know poofyo from any other bum on the street but like i said the first time it isnt hard to ignore his posts. And he by no means is even close to a mainoffender of creating false hype for shoes on this board. There are tons of other useless SN's that do that all on their own. A lot of you should really hopoff the bandwagon and be less concerned with something that has 0 concern to you in the first place.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

anybody that ordered from http://www.sneakersus.com/ hear anything back on their order? *edit* they finally sold out...

Haha, they sold out AND raised the price $5 to $175.
roll.gif

Hoping my order there goes through smoothly still though... haven't heard anything from them since the confirmation email, but it is President's Day...

i got my pairs saturday morning. These are definately one of the better shoes released in a while, in my opinion. I dont mess with trying to order anything offof Finishline anymore, since the release of the retro V's and another release before that. Those 2 times my order went through and later was cancelled. Ifelt i was all good having my order go through, only to be let down. I guess sometimes you have to get your butt up early and put in some work. I was up at 7& at the mall at 8, in the cold. I really dont see how some people camp out for a week for a pair of shoes. Waiting an hour outside was enough for me.Maybe its the love of the shoe, or Most likely, the love of the money after reselling. I guess some people dont have anything better to do.

Yeah, to those of us that ordered from fnl.com, CALL AND CONFIRM YOUR ADDRESSES. Don't wait! it only takes 4 minutes. Im sure if you wait any longer theywill probably sell your pair.

I should have called earlier, but w/e. They released the hold and are now processing the order.

I hope I didn't bump someone off that had their order on hold.
frown.gif

I called around the ATL... nothing but 8.5-9's. Like 5 pairs.... oh yeah... found a 16 & 17.

Hey DJIA305, thanks for the advice. I called earlier, and the first rep said that she couldn't release the hold because no one had looked into it yet. So,I just called back again, got a different lady, verified addresses again, and she released the hold on both of my orders....... just goes to show that it'snot the whole company, just who you talk to and what kind of day they're having..........

Originally Posted by freezelle

I ordered from FNL.com at midnight on Friday, and I got confirmation e-mails for both of my orders. Just called them, and both of my orders were placed on hold, since I had them shipped to my work. I talked to the rep, and she said that nobody has been in the system checking why my orders were on hold, so she doesn't know why they were placed on hold. I'm gonna be pissed if I don't get either pair, I had a hookup in store, I just would rather sleep in and get them online, that will be the last time I do that...........

Take advantage of your in store hookups man........trust me. It took me years to get a reliable hookup and now instead of me calling him when some heat isgonna release, he calls me to remind him of what size I need
roll.gif
.........sohappy I got these, now I just gotta wait till saturday morn for the stealths.

yo mrhood, that'll be the last time that i try and order online, i've already called him and got my stealths on reserve for saturday:D

MadAir415 wrote:
IMO these are better then the stealths

SO SO SO much better... I got my stealths today via PYS and I am not impressed at all... No way would I ever need more than 1 pair... Glad I have multipleAll-Stars, arguably the best XX3... and they're MJ's favs.

you guys were reeled in with that limited %!@#. Gentry is laughing all the way to the bank right now. Nobody liked the pix, some people liked the Titaniums, now everyone likes the white/black/reds.
Whenever someone on Niketalk doesn't like a shoe and others do, why are they "reeled in"...can't people just like the shoe ANDit's limited...not BECAUSE it's limted...why the hate?

The White/Black-Red XX3 isn't exactly the White/PURPLE/GREEN Jordan 5 or a Spiz'ike...

The masses and sneakerheads alike are feeling the XX3's...simply as that...

I would venture to say that an new Air Jordan hasn't sold this well since the XIII's...

JM

i called FNL today, my order has been FULFILLED, just waiting on shipping confirmation. i also ordered another one today, i will call tomorrow and check theconfirmation on that one also

thanks to everyone again!

Originally Posted by jmadidas2001

you guys were reeled in with that limited %!@#. Gentry is laughing all the way to the bank right now. Nobody liked the pix, some people liked the Titaniums, now everyone likes the white/black/reds.
Whenever someone on Niketalk doesn't like a shoe and others do, why are they "reeled in"...can't people just like the shoe AND it's limited...not BECAUSE it's limted...why the hate?

The White/Black-Red XX3 isn't exactly the White/PURPLE/GREEN Jordan 5 or a Spiz'ike...

The masses and sneakerheads alike are feeling the XX3's...simply as that...

I would venture to say that an new Air Jordan hasn't sold this well since the XIII's...

JM
^^^The way they marketed it though has a big factor to do with the way the shoe sold though. Don't get me wrong... Personally, I think its agreat shoe but the marketing strategy WAS flawless!

Super Limited Titaniums

Limited All Stars

GR Stealths!

Absolutely flawless...

Originally Posted by ldea

Man, I can't believe these were so hard to get. In my area (SF/Daly City), I walked into Footaction at 3:00pm on saturday and no one was checking for these.

You're right dude, it was right in myhand for the picking but I decided on getting the stealths.....coz my wife told me to choose.....hope I won'tregret it

I've all but giving up on getting these for a decent price, sucks because I really like these.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

i called FNL today, my order has been FULFILLED, just waiting on shipping confirmation. i also ordered another one today, i will call tomorrow and check the confirmation on that one also

Ah, but did you use the discount code on the fnl.com order????

Originally Posted by DJIA305

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

i called FNL today, my order has been FULFILLED, just waiting on shipping confirmation. i also ordered another one today, i will call tomorrow and check the confirmation on that one also

Ah, but did you use the discount code on the fnl.com order????
It doesn't matter. The order has already been completed and only a shipping number is pending.

COPPED MINES SATURDAY...DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT OR PAY RETAIL!!!!
pimp.gif

LOOKIN FOWARD TO THE STEALTHZ NOW!!!
nerd.gif

c73258eebceb109bd252156e5de3cf35ced8764.pjpg

a2235ba7eb73e27c02f9d48f2ffd24db84ac4b3.pjpg

To those who had a hold on your order can chalk it up because the hold wont be completely taken off until tonight. Only after the hold is taken is when theytry to locate your XX3's. Even that, if all the FNL stores are soldout were are they gonna get your pair from?

My hold was because of my Phone #. Banks dont even confirm phone #'s ( I called some banks and asked) just addresses and names.

There's gonna be alot of unhappy NTers
mad.gif
including myself

Back
Top Bottom