Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

^^^
as someone who has multiples of the xx8 and the xx9 (and therefore obviously likes both), i would say they are quite different. the xx8 has superior cushioning (until it pops). but the upper and the heel to toe transition on the xx9 are better. i love heel zoom as well, but i do think the xx9 are worth the price tag without it. would still love to know what a flight plate with heel and forefoot zoom AND a tendril for heel to toe transition would feel like. best of both worlds! don't know if they didn't go that route because of cost or because it didn't work in terms of design/engineering.

SOOO happy to have these.  

Such an awesome shoe for the collector.  My only gripe, is I wish it came in a box that was similar w/ the Chicago skyline.  Other than that...A+ execution.  
You just had to throw the black toe 1s in there too huh? Keep adding salt to my wounds man 
laugh.gif
. Dope pic. repped

^^^
as someone who has multiples of the xx8 and the xx9 (and therefore obviously likes both), i would say they are quite different. the xx8 has superior cushioning (until it pops). but the upper and the heel to toe transition on the xx9 are better. i love heel zoom as well, but i do think the xx9 are worth the price tag without it. would still love to know what a flight plate with heel and forefoot zoom AND a tendril for heel to toe transition would feel like. best of both worlds! don't know if they didn't go that route because of cost or because it didn't work in terms of design/engineering.

I like the cushioning WAY better in the XX8s and the fit and transition are much better in the XX9s. Both are good shoes, but overall I like the XX8 SEs better than the XX9s. The lack of heel zoom (I can feel the difference) and large difference in cost (SEs on sale for ~$80 vs $225 for XX9s) are the reasons.

I am all in if JB wants to make a shoe with a XX9 style upper and mid foot trendril, the XX9 forefoot zoom but bigger like the XX8, and heel zoom like the lebron 12 (I think it's better than the XX8s heel zoom). That would be glorious...

Just curious, how can you say they are worth the price while at the same time saying they're not as comfortable as a less expensive shoe?
Well... good question.  Honestly I view both of the shoes in a different light.  Each shoe has it's pros and cons.  The XX9 offers better breathability that the XX8. But the XX8 has better cushioning even though both of them use the flight plate tech. Although slightly altered.  As far as expense goes I bought the GOF XX9 for $150. So in answering the initial question, I was thinking of the price I paid for that particular shoe vs the pack.  So in that regard it was worth the price.  

If I was to choose which I would rather ball in, I would go with the XX9 because it's lighter and better ventilated than it's predecessor.  

I bought the YOTG, because I just wanted something a little different. I think they could have done a better job on them but I still like them. One shoe, I think it is the left, has a better pattern and color variation on them. I bought them to play in because I loved the xx8 se and thought these would be similar in feel. I have yet to play in them though. Unless I see a better colorway dropping soon, I will probably keep them eventhough, as stated above, they do not look better in person as most shoes do.

Just got my first pair off of the nike clearance sale for $143. The original black.white red colorway. Couldnt pass up on the deal at that price

that...and the 2k9 was actually a good shoe with great quality. 
I sort of liked them because they looked like 14s which are probably my favorite J. but the heel just stunk big time. sort of like how most people feel about the tongue of the 15. That was such an unnecessary gimmick. they would have been nice with a more normal sole. I like the first colorway the best same with the 2010 which also had an unnecessary gimmick that pretty much killed it with that stupid "window"
eyes.gif

I think I've added and removed them from my cart at least 6 times since hearing about the NDC sale last night. Trying to decide if I want to pull the trigger or not. 

The first time the OWNIT code dropped, there was pretty much a FSR of all three colors. I hesitated. Went back to pick up the black/red pair and now my size is gone on all three. Oh well. Grabbed a Riverwalk from FNL with me WC coupon for now. Looks like $150-ish is the magic number to make these start selling out in any colorway. 

Last edited:
The first time the OWNIT code dropped, there was pretty much a FSR of all three colors. I hesitated. Went back to pick up the black/red pair and now my size is gone on all three. Oh well. Grabbed a Riverwalk from FNL with me WC coupon for now. Looks like $150-ish is the magic number to make these start selling out in any colorway. 

You got a FNL code to knock it down that much?

You got a FNL code to knock it down that much?
Sorry for the confusion. I paid $223.18 after taxes and free shipping. The WC coupon knocked $20 off. Not a deal but I was waiting to grab this colorway for a while. I doubted whether or not it would ever go on discount. 

Sorry for the confusion. I paid $223.18 after taxes and free shipping. The WC coupon knocked $20 off. Not a deal but I was waiting to grab this colorway for a while. I doubted whether or not it would ever go on discount. 

No problem.

Also if anyone can help, did they make fakes of these? I got a dude trying to sell me some Team Orange for a nice

Back
Top Bottom