Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

Okay I see what you guys are saying and you guys have some good points. Hopefully we see some leather on some air jordans next year for the 30th anniversary. I think the shoes design has potential but the one thing i hate the most is no heel zoom. If you think about it the xx8 se has it and they were $75 cheaper than the xx8 which was expensive I heard because JB didn't actually create them

Last edited:
jordan xx9 is up for preorder.... if anyone is going to the chicago event please post the access code so we can preorder on ndc!
This 
smokin.gif

But are they individual access codes?  My guess is yes.  Therefore this wouldn't help

According to a first impression from Jacques Slade, he found his true size in these to be "roomy"

My guess is these probably used the same last that was used in the XX8

I think "giving them a chance" is something a lot of people that can see pass the hype and the big words, will not be doing. I am one of them as well, too expensive for what they offer and even if they are amazing for playing basketball, I am not a basketball player, at least not for over 20 years now. They removed the heel zoom, they removed the carbon fiber, or should I say carbon graphite since they stopped using real carbon a while back, what will they remove next year - the zoom from the forefoot and claim this way the shoe is even less heavy and more stable? 
Sure if I was a player that is getting paid to play in them or given for free, will claim that they are awesome, but sadly I am not and paying $225 + tax = $238,5 in my case, is not something I am not looking for, for this amount I would buy two or maybe three other pairs of retro kicks that bring me all the memories from the old days and make me more happy that one brand new, no history, no memories model with questionable looks.

These aren't for memories, thats what retros are for. JB has always been about performance first and these are no different than the 20+ year old shoes you keep re-purchasing.

NO HEEL ZOOM OR AIR???? Cmon Nike. This is the first "air " jordan to have no air in the heel. What a shame. I'm sure they will still sell out and the kids will cop and post on all the social media.

As someone who was purchased and played in Jordans since 1988 I must say I'm very disappointed but not very suprised. Hopefully they flop. How are they gonna make a top tier performance shoe without cushioning in the heel that will last? Oh that's right !! when the foam in the heel bottoms out you can just buy another pair. Oh well

NO HEEL ZOOM OR AIR???? Cmon Nike. This is the first "air " jordan to have no air in the heel. What a shame. I'm sure they will still sell out and the kids will cop and post on all the social media.

As someone who was purchased and played in Jordans since 1988 I must say I'm very disappointed but not very suprised. Hopefully they flop. How are they gonna make a top tier performance shoe without cushioning in the heel that will last? Oh that's right !! when the foam in the heel bottoms out you can just buy another pair. Oh well

the foam at the heel is a lot less likely to bottom out than the forefoot using the same material.

the foam at the heel is a lot less likely to bottom out than the forefoot using the same material.
Agreed.

Anyone from the Chi and able to make it to that Take Flight experience?  Always wanted to check out one of those gigs.  A bit of a tease not getting to keep the shoes though 
laugh.gif

3) No heel zoom

Didn't realize this until nightwing mentioned it. I know he tried to rationalize it by saying he plays more on his forefoot.That may be ok for him, but he looks like he's about 150lbs. I'm 217lbs so I need some support in the heel when I land. I've played in enough shoes to know that zoom works best for me. Foam is too mushy and a gimmick.

I still have a few DS pairs of XX8s left and one nds so there's no real reason for me to buy the XX9s when they don't have something basic like heel zoom.

THIS.

I really wanted to play in these and see how they improved on the excellent (for me at least) XX8s. However, the no heel zoom is total turnoff for me. I'm 200+ also, I heel strike plenty, and I've found foam cushioning to be inadequate for my knees and back, so I'm wary of these shoes. I may still try these out, but I'll probably just stock up on XX8s and hope for the best with the forefoot zoom holding up.

I really want the black and orange ! Wish I was in Chicago. You can get the code at Nike Chicago until the 4th.

Last edited:
jordan xx9 is up for preorder.... if anyone is going to the chicago event please post the access code so we can preorder on ndc!

This :smokin

But are they individual access codes?  My guess is yes.  Therefore this wouldn't help

Just got back from there i was able to preorder with no problem
However they don't give you the code they just preorder through your account.
And yes the codes are one time use only.

Okay I see what you guys are saying and you guys have some good points. Hopefully we see some leather on some air jordans next year for the 30th anniversary. I think the shoes design has potential but the one thing i hate the most is no heel zoom. If you think about it the xx8 se has it and they were $75 cheaper than the xx8 which was expensive I heard because JB didn't actually create them

Random but technically isn't this the 30th anniversary? The xx8 ran for 2 years....

id be pretty hard to top the xx8 SE with their $150 retail and since the solid colorways are now on sale. Also the heel zoom

was at the xx9 event today in chicago and i can say that these shoes are pretty sweet. the upper is amazing and super comfortable. They def changed the zoom bag in the fore foot because it's feels a little more firm when compared to the xx8. 

I probably would buy a pair later if i see the zoom air bag popping isnt happening. If there are several reports i will stay away from these.

Thenewbs....I'm assuming you had an opportunity to try them on. Can you feel the heal being absent of zoom? Or a better question is how does the heal feel?

JS"

They should ditch the XX9 and go with AJ XXIX.

Super Bowl style.
The NFL is moving away from Roman numerals for Super Bowl 50.  They didn't want it to be "Super Bowl L."

Roman numerals will be back for Super Bowl LI, though.

Imagine if the NFL did it Jordan-style, so Super Bowl XLIX was Super Bowl XL9, haha.

More from the JB weartest event here.

I have to agree with Tre when he says know your sources on preformance reviews. Most of these guys on youtube doing "PERFORMANCE" reviews can barley play basketball, those who can handle the rock are jump shoters so they not gonna be pushing these shoes to the limits in any way. Now if your are an older guy who once had game I can tolerate that cus you prob know what a good ball shoe is about but most of these guys should stick to talking about the fancy colors and materials than be getting into it about performance. If anything this event hilights the real ball players from the wannabes.

Im sorry but if you dont have the athlethic ability to test these shoes at their limits then stick to the fashion reviews cus I dont wanna hear if from guys who shoot jump shots or who dance around the court pretending they ballin. Im not sayin guys gotta be NBA but at least NCAA to have some credability to these performance reviews.

Last edited:
these weaves takes new process which means investing millions in new machinery to make them and according to many reviewer the weave process for each shoe takes 6-7 hrs. the material by itself may be cheaper than leather, but overall it is a more expensive process to make these, so i can understand the price on these and flyknits. 

the retros with cheap *** leather while charging nearly $170-185 is more ridiculous than these new shoes. price hike on those Kobe 9 EM is another story, the price on those are just wack. 

The manufacturing processes for Flyknit/Weave or whatever they want to call it are not new at all. They've been around for a few decades in the garment/textile industry and are being applied by Nike/JB presently to produce easily manufactured shoes with high profit margins.

They will take away the Zoom Air, Carbon Fibre, etc.. on the XXIX and reintroduce it as a 'new' feature on the XXX. It is what it is and they've done this in the past.

Back
Top Bottom