Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

I'm really anxious to see more colorways. I want a pair, but not sure I want one of these first two. If I do that, and then they drop any kind of UNC related colorway (or even that white/blue elephant print one we saw pages back) then I'll be really mad I scooped one of these first pairs.

I'm really anxious to see more colorways. I want a pair, but not sure I want one of these first two. If I do that, and then they drop any kind of UNC related colorway (or even that white/blue elephant print one we saw pages back) then I'll be really mad I scooped one of these first pairs.
Not trying to sway you into purchasing, but I thought the same about the XX8s.

I liked the black/green launch CW, but was like "no, I'm going to give it a month or so, and see if there's any other CWs I like".  There was a few that were OK, but the launch black/green were my favorite.  I've gotten at least one CW of every yearly Jordan, so ended up getting the Crimson/CF pair, but by the time I went back and looked for my size (13) in the black/green...couldn't find a pair even close to retail.

I really like the "big Jumpman" black/team orange CW, so I'm gonna jump on it.  Hopefully use a WC reward that expires soon on FNL and not look back.  If there is a better CW that comes out...oh well.  I don't want to risk it anymore with the way shoes sell out nowadays.  

I'd say the Kobe 9s are a little overpriced but they also have nice features like flynit technology and carbon fiber. I really can't justify having no heel zoom in the XX9s I always thought the flagship models had heel Zoom or full length Zoom. I guess I'll be passing on these. The Jordan Superfly 2s and the 28 SEs are better shoes and more affordable. Also I think the tpu plated mid-sole is weird they should have used tpu/carbon fiber on the heel counter and the sides and a foam mid-sole like 28s which made the shoe feel more natural and flex better. I can't help but think the tpu plated midsole will feel clunky no matter how good the cushioning is.

Soccer cleats also have tpu in the midsole and have good flexibility, but the tpu on the 29s seems thicker and wraps up higher so it just looks like it might not flex well IMO. But then again maybe they figured out a way to make the tpu more flexible. We wont know for sure unless someone gives us a review.

Last edited:

Not trying to sway you into purchasing, but I thought the same about the XX8s.

I liked the black/green launch CW, but was like "no, I'm going to give it a month or so, and see if there's any other CWs I like".  There was a few that were OK, but the launch black/green were my favorite.  I've gotten at least one CW of every yearly Jordan, so ended up getting the Crimson/CF pair, but by the time I went back and looked for my size (13) in the black/green...couldn't find a pair even close to retail.

I really like the "big Jumpman" black/team orange CW, so I'm gonna jump on it.  Hopefully use a WC reward that expires soon on FNL and not look back.  If there is a better CW that comes out...oh well.  I don't want to risk it anymore with the way shoes sell out nowadays.  

I like them a lot but I'm scared the air bubble will pop. I only wore the xx8 se like 4 times and it popped.
I'm a little hesitant for this reason too but there are two things that make me think this is less likely to happen:

1. The forefoot zoom bag does not protrude as much as the XX8.  It has the same cutout design but it looks to be flush with the rest of the outsole

2. The bag is rotated so the flex point is like that of the Superfly.  Not sure if this helps much, but I think number 1 will help cut down on this risk of popping

I'm a little hesitant for this reason too but there are two things that make me think this is less likely to happen:

1. The forefoot zoom bag does not protrude as much as the XX8.  It has the same cutout design but it looks to be flush with the rest of the outsole
2. The bag is rotated so the flex point is like that of the Superfly.  Not sure if this helps much, but I think number 1 will help cut down on this risk of popping
the 2nd reason you posted is why I think people don't have to worry. I haven't heard much about the zoom bag on the super fly 2s popping so I think we will be good. And the zoom protruding less on this shoe makes me feel that the zoom won't have that same bounce back like the xx8s have either

the 2nd reason you posted is why I think people don't have to worry. I haven't heard much about the zoom bag on the super fly 2s popping so I think we will be good. And the zoom protruding less on this shoe makes me feel that the zoom won't have that same bounce back like the xx8s have either
And you are probably correct -- from what some of those Youtubers were saying after the Chicago weartest, you won't feel the zoom quite as much since it doesn't protrude.

I think there were more complaints about the XX8's popping because more ppl bought them than the superfly 2s.  I've had my superfly 2s pop after about 5 wears and my XX8 SEs popped after about 3 wears.  I have yet to play in my Melo M10s.  I decided to break them in through light jogging/plyo instead of just jumping to the courts.  Hopefully they don't pop!

Could be the case.  I have seen popped SF 2s for sure

Not a bad idea with easing into activity on the M10s either... maybe it will make a difference by not putting all that stress on them at once in game.

Last edited:

Could be the case.  I have seen popped SF 2s for sure

Not a bad idea with easing into activity on the M10s either... maybe it will make a difference by not putting all that stress on them at once in game.
Yeah that's what I'm hoping for...but then again I don't mind getting another voucher since I bought them for under retail
laugh.gif

I don't know about him, but I didn't for sure. 
should try one if you see them on sale for sure. i haven't played in all foam shoes since the tmac5 and then the first hyperdunks. the kobe 9 they are actually decent. not as good as the 28 imho, but it does it's job. the only thing is you don't get that "springy" feel as you do with shoes with zoom. 

i hope all of you complaining about no zoom air are ballera who gonna buy these for next season games, otherwise i dont see a real reason to raise all this buzz! [emoji]128521[/emoji]

i hope all of you complaining about no zoom air are ballera who gonna buy these for next season games, otherwise i dont see a real reason to raise all this buzz! [emoji]128521[/emoji]

Balling or not thats just cheap and petty not having atleast zoom in the heel as well.

What are you charging 225 for then? Xx8 se offers heel zoom at 149

Quit being a jordan brand online body guard. Thats a valid gripe

Im sorry but that big jumpman is corny as ****. It should come with a fubu jersey and a personal pair of michael jordans size 60 parachute jeans

And hell atleast give the jumpman a left foot you cheap bastards!
I feel you. It looks terrible. These actually wouldn't be too bad if they shrunk the jumpman just enough to fit on the shoe. If they did that, shrunk that UGLY *** 23 down as well, and got rid of the elephant print pattern I would actually like these. The shape is decent but those corny details ruined it for me. and the price of course
mean.gif

Balling or not thats just cheap and petty not having atleast zoom in the heel as well.

I dont care about JB, it's not my company so... but let's be fair, if you just walk the mall or the seaside in your kicks do you need zoom air or anything else? you don't, but you pay maybe 400 for crappy shines or 250 for archaic thechnology retros and you're happy, no complaining at all!

so if you aint an heavy baller do you need ZA? you don't, plus who says that without ZA those shoes are performing so badly that they MUST have ZA to do their job? 

too serious about this thing, try the shoes first then MAYBE say theyre a robbery for 225! 
wink.gif

So these cost 225.........and have NO zoom air in the heel?
JB prices will never really make any sense or be justified anymore IMO. It's just a matter of whatever the hell they feel like charging. But to be honest I don't think heel zoom is as important as forefoot zoom. max air is probably the best heel option when it's all said and done. no idea what these supposedly have and don't really care, just speculating as I've never been too into the whole "technology" side of things over there at nike. 99% of it has always felt like a load of bs to me

If you played in the xx8 you will see that you can't even feel the heel zoom, the Kobe and hyperdunks don't even have zoom.

Back
Top Bottom