Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

It's a chicken/egg scenario. If they make more pairs, they will probably sit on shelves. If they are limited, then word gets out and they instantly become more desirable = quick sell out.

Or they could make a shoe worthy of a signature ordan...therefore eliminating the need to limit them to build hype
"Let's save these for the playoffs," says R. Westbrook in the video. So it's a late-than-the-usual-RD release for the XX9, not next season as we thought it would for quite some time now. Funny, though, that JB has a playoff edition for the XX8 SE.

Nah...no way JB could design and produce a signature J for retail and keep them completely under raps....

Who do you think they are...Beyonce?

:tongue:

JB's just gonna build hype for next year by having Westbrook rock the kicks in the playoffs. Brilliant marketing IMO. If they are hot; cats are gonna be feenin' by release day.

^Nah, it's not really brilliant marketing. It's more or less of a textbook (basic) marketing, so to speak. Nothing new with the way JB builds the hype for the XX9.

Even the length of the video is 29 seconds.

If they do debut the xx9's during the playoffs, this will be at least the third time this has happens with a signature Jordan.

You had the XI's and the XIV's showing up during the playoffs before the shoes went to retail.

I think im one of the few people ready for a xv to drop
pimp.gif
 All I ask for next year is some XVs and retro Laney XIV

Before the RD was moved to Dec for the XV, the RD was usually October for the new model (new season, new model).

Why did they move it to Feb?

maybe oldschool flair as the older air jordans like from aj 3 - 8 they were introduced during allstar weekend. Before all star game, michael jordan usually sported the model from last season in a new colorway. For instance the fire red 3, 4, 5, carmine 6, cardinal 7.
In 2002/2003 mj sported often the aj17+ before switching to the aj18 around end of 2002.

Why did they move it to Feb?

Because they finally realized releasing their signature model basketball shoe when no basketball players are buying shoes was not a good idea. I would assume you will see these released in September/October just in time for hoops season.

Good design and good reasonable price, that's all I ask for. Knowing Nike's new pricing habits I can probably count one out already.

If it is a beautiful shoe with premium materials, I would pay up $250 for them

I would say lower but lets be honest, JB will price these north of 200.

$300 would be a no go, doesn't matter if they were the 2nd coming of the Jordan 11.

Last edited:
It is a beautiful shoe with premium materials, I would pay up $250 for them

I would say lower but lets be honest, JB will price these north of 200.

$300 would be a no go, doesn't matter if they were the 2nd coming of the Jordan 11.
You saw them already[emoji]128558[/emoji]

^^^ My bad brah, I meant to start the sentence with "If".

I haven't seen them
[emoji]128553[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]I was about to ask you 29 questions about them. [emoji]128166[/emoji][emoji]128166[/emoji][emoji]128166[/emoji][emoji]128166[/emoji][emoji]128166[/emoji]I'm supa thirsty

maybe oldschool flair as the older air jordans like from aj 3 - 8 they were introduced during allstar weekend. Before all star game, michael jordan usually sported the model from last season in a new colorway. For instance the fire red 3, 4, 5, carmine 6, cardinal 7.
In 2002/2003 mj sported often the aj17+ before switching to the aj18 around end of 2002.
Thank you, did not know that

I think im one of the few people ready for a xv to drop
I think if they bring out the higher numbers right about now, they will all do very well in sales. look at the midnight navy 16 thread. Most of these young cats seem to be interested. If it's just something "new" and never retro'd before, no matter what it is it surely will get a lot of hype. And we all know JB can shake them down for pretty much however much $ they want that day
mean.gif
. All higher numbers even 15s will sellout just like all retros are doing right now, and JB will increase the already BS original retail of the 17 and up. I'd love some 18s but most likely the price wouldn't allow me to cop.
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom