Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

This might be wishful thinking but I think those are a new colorway of the XX9. Not XX8 SE's.

I could be wrong.

Last edited:
RW switching is not a big deal, Jordan did the same during the Finals '98 when he debuted the XIVs he still wore the XIIIs as well.

RW switching is not a big deal, Jordan did the same during the Finals '98 when he debuted the XIVs he still wore the XIIIs as well.

Exactly...nothing to see here people...I'm sure it had nothing to do with the lack of heel cushioning in the 29's. Even though we can't see it in the teardown of the flight plate system its in there...right Nike...RIGHT NIKE?

:tongue:

J/K

Last edited:
Westbrook is a drag queen cant stand him. Its a little weird that they would release both versions at the same time but ill definitely buy a pair and ive passed on everything since the xx3. If comfort is as described thats great the overall look is ok nothin groundbreaking

Jordan never switched in the middle of games though. Switching shoes in separate games may not be a big deal, but switching at the half seems so.

Last edited:
Jordan never switched in the middle of games though. Switching shoes in separate games may not be a big deal, but switching at the half seems so.

are you 100% sure?
I think mj switched in the half time of game 2 of the nba finals 1998 in utah when he first wore the all black aj13 lows PE and then the black/reds (mids).

MJ did switch every now and then, but was due of comfort reasons not show-N-tel like players these days.

Jordan wore the 13 most of 97-98, I'm sure if he switched it wasn't because of comfort.

Honestly I never understood why he wore the 14 so early.

Last edited:
Same reason now days players pull out early models, marketing, hype, advertisement...you name it. 

Jordan wore the 13 most of 97-98, I'm sure if he switched it wasn't because of comfort.

Honestly I never understood why he wore the 14 so early.

i do. He already wore the aj14 casually (black toes) and surely in training too. Imo the aj14 are the better performing jordans than the aj13. Not comfort wise but i really like the feel when playing. Grip was better, midsole density was exactly what i wanted.

Jordan knew that 98 season was the last go round for that team. I think that may be one of the reasons why he wore the 14's in the finals. If I remember correctly I think he said it or either one of his teammates said that they refused to loose no extra clothing was even packed.

Is he wearing XX8's? But why?!?
Perhaps he popped the zoom bag in the XX9? 
tongue.gif

Wrong, 95-96 season in few games he wore the XI IE low in the first half and switch back to the regular XI in the second half.

Wrong, 95-96 season in few games he wore the XI IE low in the first half and switch back to the regular XI in the second half.

true... I think he tweaked his ankle in the IE low and switched back to the mid.

But Jordan didn't switch back to the xiii at halftime after debuting the xiv for the first half. That would have been a disaster for the xiv.

I wonder how long we are going to have to wait to get/see more info/pics of this shoe. It's been shown officially so where is JM and others with that knowledge!

^^^Wade debuted the Jordan 2011 during a Christmas Day game against the Lakers, wore them during 1st half and switched back to the Jordan 2010 for the second half. Could be more of sticking to what's been proven to work during the 82 game season. I agree with what the guys said above, the whole ELITE/PO/AE series is not an advantage to the players in most cases; even the XX9 debut, because the athletes haven't had the benefit of spending months getting used to and having confidence in the shoe.

I have to admit though, the idea of debuting an update or new model would be exciting. But its the playoffs. When those shots don't fall, the slightest tweak that's made could become an irritate more than a benefit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom