Official Air Jordan XX9 post! 1st two released 9/6/14! NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!

The big jumpman pair is starting to grow on me. They're nice but not $225 nice (especially with no carbon fibre). On looks I'd give them a 5-6/10, before I thought they were a 2 or a 3.

Last edited:

The big jumpman pair is starting to grow on me. They're nice but not $225 nice (especially with no carbon fibre). On looks I'd give them a 5-6/10, before I thought they were a 2 or a 3.
I'm all for carbon fiber with the higher price tag, but truthfully, having played in many different shoes, a high-strength TPU can work just as well as laminated carbon-fiber (and is usually about as lightweight).

According to nightwing, the XX9s do not have heel zoom. I'm surprised they didn't keep it to further differentiate them from the Super.Fly 3s. That knit upper material better be awesome to account atleast somewhat for the sizeable price difference.

According to nightwing, the XX9s do not have heel zoom. I'm surprised they didn't keep it to further differentiate them from the Super.Fly 3s. That knit upper material better be awesome to account atleast somewhat for the sizeable price difference.
Not surprised at all here, it was obvious from the begging that there will be no zoom in the heel. 

Not surprised at all here, it was obvious from the begging that there will be no zoom in the heel. 

Yeah but there was never a definitive answer until now, there was a big debate earlier in the thread about was there or wasn't there. I think nightwing was even told at the launch there was even though in the exploded view of the midsole it wasn't visible.

I think this is a bad move on JB's part. If I'm buying these for performance why exactly would I pay $85 more for the 29's than the superfly 3's? I'm not naive...they are Jordans and they will sell regardless, but a $225 price tag on a shoe where you've removed the carbon fiber and the heel zoom bag is >D for me.

Last edited:
I've some people's first impression on it and people seem fine with there being no zoom in the heel. Idk what to think either since we don't get zoom in the heel and although it does seem like a ripoff that there is no zoom in the heel I'm gonna wait to see how they feel tho.

I'm doggin' these. Moreso the blk/orange colorway. That's a definite cop. But it's been a minute since I had a blk/red Jordan ago, so I may just shoot for both depending on how my money looks prior to release day.

Usually not the type to ask, but...

If anyone does go to any of the events (I live 10 hours away from Chicago), and they have no plans on using their code to preorder the XX9s, let me know.

I still kick myself for not going after the launch black/green XX8 thinking I could give it a month or so before my size sold out. Ended up getting the CF/Crimson model, but would have preferred the black/green. Not making that mistake with the black/team orange on the XX9s.

Have purchased every "yearly Jordan", (even the 2010's...yikes) in at least one CW, and like to continue the tradition.

Don't think it'll be a hassle to purchase on RD (especially with the Ferrari 14s the same day), but if someone gets a code with no plans on using it, let me know.

these are starting to grow on me as well. and the initial performance reviews making em sound real nice.

definitely i like the big jman better, 80% cop for me! 
wink.gif

So no leather like we presumed before the launch, no carbon fibre, and no heal zoom? Why are these $225 exactly? If Nike thinks I'm gonna pay premium prices just because it has a jumpman on it they are mistaken. Shame, the big jumpman pair is starting to look really nice. The elephant print still looks hideous

Last edited:
Got to give Nike credit. They are masters are using cheaper materials and charging more for it because it's "lightweight". So is playing barefoot but I'm not going to do that

Got to give Nike credit. They are masters are using cheaper materials and charging more for it because it's "lightweight". So is playing barefoot but I'm not going to do that
these weaves takes new process which means investing millions in new machinery to make them and according to many reviewer the weave process for each shoe takes 6-7 hrs. the material by itself may be cheaper than leather, but overall it is a more expensive process to make these, so i can understand the price on these and flyknits. 

the retros with cheap *** leather while charging nearly $170-185 is more ridiculous than these new shoes. price hike on those Kobe 9 EM is another story, the price on those are just wack. 

jordan xx9 is up for preorder.... if anyone is going to the chicago event please post the access code so we can preorder on ndc!

So no leather like we presumed before the launch, no carbon fibre, and no heal zoom? Why are these $225 exactly? If Nike thinks I'm gonna pay premium prices just because it has a jumpman on it they are mistaken. Shame, the big jumpman pair is starting to look really nice. The elephant print still looks hideous
Tbh the fly weave idea seems awesome and its something new that nike hasn't done yet. And from what I've been reading it seems to be much better than fly knit in terms of structural support. I'm happy to see JB bringing some innovation to the table just like last year with unlocked zoom.

Not gonna lie tho ever since these were unveiled you've seemed to just be negative about almost everything I've seen in your posts about the shoe. Why don't you give the shoe a chance before dismissing it as bad or trash.

I think the xx9 is bringing something new to the table when it comes to performance in basketball sneakers that nobody else seems to be doing especially this type of material just weaved together without any need for hyperfuse or any sort of plastic material. It good to see JB bringing innovation with a great performer

Tbh the fly weave idea seems awesome and its something new that nike hasn't done yet. And from what I've been reading it seems to be much better than fly knit in terms of structural support. I'm happy to see JB bringing some innovation to the table just like last year with unlocked zoom.

Not gonna lie tho ever since these were unveiled you've seemed to just be negative about almost everything I've seen in your posts about the shoe. Why don't you give the shoe a chance before dismissing it as bad or trash.

I think the xx9 is bringing something new to the table when it comes to performance in basketball sneakers that nobody else seems to be doing especially this type of material just weaved together without any need for hyperfuse or any sort of plastic material. It good to see JB bringing innovation with a great performer
I think "giving them a chance" is something a lot of people that can see pass the hype and the big words, will not be doing. I am one of them as well, too expensive for what they offer and even if they are amazing for playing basketball, I am not a basketball player, at least not for over 20 years now. They removed the heel zoom, they removed the carbon fiber, or should I say carbon graphite since they stopped using real carbon a while back, what will they remove next year - the zoom from the forefoot and claim this way the shoe is even less heavy and more stable? 

Sure if I was a player that is getting paid to play in them or given for free, will claim that they are awesome, but sadly I am not and paying $225 + tax = $238,5 in my case, is not something I am not looking for, for this amount I would buy two or maybe three other pairs of retro kicks that bring me all the memories from the old days and make me more happy that one brand new, no history, no memories model with questionable looks.

You are not mistaken, I did have a negative view from the start and here is my reasoning:

1) Materials.

The rumors before the launch were about how these will go back to what Jordans used to be like, with premium leather etc.So I was expecting some top quality cow hide on the XX9s and instead it got some yarn that Nike's marketing department is spinning to be the future (until they can come up with something cheaper to produce). Maybe I shouldn't have expected leather (decent quality not like the junk they use on retros)  but I doubt I was the only one.

2) The looks.

I didn't like either look from the get go. They seemed too bland and ordinary after the radical XX8. I was expecting something even more edgy, but they went too conservative  with the design. The big Jumpman pair does look better the more I look at it barring the 23 on the tongue. The elephant print one I still find extremely ugly and consider it to be a contender for one of the ugliest Jordans ever

3) No heel zoom

Didn't realize this until nightwing mentioned it. I know he tried to rationalize it by saying he plays more on his forefoot.That may be ok for him, but he looks like he's about 150lbs. I'm 217lbs so I need some support in the heel when I land. I've played in enough shoes to know that zoom works best for me. Foam is too mushy and a gimmick.

I still have a few DS pairs of XX8s left and one nds so there's no real reason for me to buy the XX9s when they don't have something basic like heel zoom.

I heard that you can buy Nike's and wear them, play in them, whatever for 30 days and if you don't like them you can return them. Don't know how true that is but I might consider them under those terms

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom