Official Air Max 97 Thread

golds really droppin 4/20
mean.gif

great.....
What!

Totally agree. You're not going to get quality and comfort from before the mid 2000's anymore. ... You are right with any release these days you have to go thru a couple pairs to get the best one
I'm not in any way supporting or defending any of the crap retro quality we get, especially some of the stuff JB pulls, but as far as general build quality goes, even in the '90s and mid-2000s I always had to do this. Build quality was rather suspect back then, too. My friends, teammates and I had to return so many Nikes and Jordans due to outsoles ripping off at the heel, midsoles peeling from uppers, sloppy/bad glue jobs etc. It was so consistently bad that I remember my dad at one point trying to convince me to switch from Nike altogether. I also remember that with the original Zoom Flight 95s, I had the guys in the store laughing because I ended up going through every single pair in my size and having to mix and match a left and right shoe to find two without really bad glue jobs on the heel that I could tell were going to mean the outsole ripping off after about two games of basketball. 

Apparently they were both design by Christian Tresser: http://gwarizm.com/2016/07/17/spiridon-dada-a-tribute-to-a-cult-classic/

I picked up the Spiridons that released last year because they reminded me of a pair of Air GXs I played in, only to later find out they were both also designed by him. I had the original AM97s too, so this era of Nike is pure nostalgia for me.
I'd love for Nike to bring back some of these cleats in a GR. I always wanted those Mercurials but my mom would never get anything over $50 (I'm not mad at her lol). I figured the OG Mercurials were based off of the Air Max 97s too.

Hey guys check out your local Shiekhs shoes.

Went to my store and asked he said they sold out but he could order them. He ordered them for me. Size 14 was the size I got.

Last edited:
Hey guys check out your local Sheikhs shoes.

Went to my store and asked he said they sold out but he could order them. He ordered them for me. Size 14 was the size I got.
tbh i was eating lunch at my desk and clicked a bunch of links i did for the past weekend and Shiekh put some restock up and i jumped on it super fast and just noticed your post. i copped my 8.5! they have 8.5,10 and 12 it says in stock. A 9.5 was just there and gone.

https://www.shiekh.com/nike-metallic-silver-varsity-red-black-white-air-max-97-og-qs.html

Last edited:
Apparently they were both design by Christian Tresser: http://gwarizm.com/2016/07/17/spiridon-dada-a-tribute-to-a-cult-classic/

I picked up the Spiridons that released last year because they reminded me of a pair of Air GXs I played in, only to later find out they were both also designed by him. I had the original AM97s too, so this era of Nike is pure nostalgia for me.

Thank you for sharing that valuable information. Now I have another reason to go out and get some 97s. I felt there were similarities and I hope that previously pictured pair sees the light of day

Athlete's foot in my area has one sz 8.5 left at their store but won't hold it....if anyone needs it lemme know, and if i can scoop, just retail+shipping, just wanna help someone out if i can.

As for comfort...my 06s still comfy, theyre heavily used and obv fully broken in....pretty beat but still look great on foot. Tanks

Does anyone know if you go a half size up from tts would width go up or just the length

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom