OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

history-of-bo-sneakers-slide-1.jpg
air-trainer-1-chlorophyll-store-list-2.jpg

:nthat:

I received the pair of photon dusts I order from Kith. I wasn’t too impressed. The right shoe was so warped that the sole didn’t sit flat and the midsole on the left shoe had various rough areas with very poor painting. I’m usually not a stickler for minor flaws, but I was so disgusted with them I boxed them right back up and sent them back. Didn’t even care to photograph them.

I’ve been buying Nikes since 1985 and these are the first pair I’ve returned because of build quality defects.

I received the pair of photon dusts I order from Kith. I wasn’t too impressed. The right shoe was so warped that the sole didn’t sit flat and the midsole on the left shoe had various rough areas with very poor painting. I’m usually not a stickler for minor flaws, but I was so disgusted with them I boxed them right back up and sent them back. Didn’t even care to photograph them.

I’ve been buying Nikes since 1985 and these are the first pair I’ve returned because of build quality defects.
That warping was similar to my Chlorophyll pair I got through GOAT. Ended up keeping them because a size 12.5 is hard to find as is and now prices went up $30 bucks more before fees and tax. Hoping a shoe tree and wearing them will fix it.

Blasphemy

But I had to atleast see with my own eyes

I found some old 04-05 first take trainer laces (those came with two sets of laces, white on the shoes and a darker grey as seconds). I thought the grey would match better but it doesn’t. I want to say a closer light grey could work?

But back to white
66AE7F60-BCB7-44C7-BADD-C2FB5770FEAE.jpeg

Sinner Sinner both seem better than black or dark grey. Something is off with both the black lace pair someone posted here and this pair that I did.

Match the light grey and I think it works. Chlorophyll or green spark has some potential I suppose.

Some other shots while I had them out.
This is after a dozen wears
A6BBAA7C-7305-4FBB-B26C-704CE4A418A6.jpeg
3FDBDFC8-A533-4EFE-9D37-0860C0738EF2.jpeg

Creasing may be closer to the 2014 med balls and not the 2000 chlorophylls. That’s the shoes one downside. They don’t feel like fake leather but it’s nothing at all like the cheaper msrp 2020 sb chlorophylls, which blows my mind

And a shot of a weird rubber tumor piece on the front outsole area. QC could have been much much better

I’ve owned a dozen 2000 era at1 chloro or var. Reds , including a stamped B grade varsity red. None of them ever had these basic small time issues. Even the marked b grade was a challenge to ever find issues. I know since 2005-07, times have changed. Even some 08 chlorophylls I got from from 6pm/Zappos for cheap were NOT worth even the cheaper cost. I do still find value out of these at retail. Please don’t overpay though. The grey suede is this shoes saving grace and holding it over water by many degrees.

Edit:
The 08 chlorophylls had extreme glue stain issues, nothing like todays slight glue stains. So I do want to stress, times have gotten better but still lacking overall.

Double edit:
I don’t think basic b grades even exist anymore. They sell us everything now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom