~~Official Apple iOS5 + iCloud WWDC Live today: 10am PST/1pm EST~~

ehh overall nice update i guess. im just glad were finally moving away from that old tired notification system.

maybe iCloud will force Dropbox to bump up their free user accounts to 5GB?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

next terrorist attack will be at that data center 
Careful there buddy, FBI may come-a-knockin' on your door. 
So iTunes Match for $25, it'll convert/match all your "ripped" songs and upload those it can't find? Balls. 

I'm sure there'll be a 3rd party that will come along and do it for free. 
Impossible. There is no way a free service could do that with out paying for the additional rights from the content providers/labels to allow to match the songs. Its only 25 dollars a year stop being cheap.
QFT

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

next terrorist attack will be at that data center 
Careful there buddy, FBI may come-a-knockin' on your door. 
So iTunes Match for $25, it'll convert/match all your "ripped" songs and upload those it can't find? Balls. 

I'm sure there'll be a 3rd party that will come along and do it for free. 
Impossible. There is no way a free service could do that with out paying for the additional rights from the content providers/labels to allow to match the songs. Its only 25 dollars a year stop being cheap.
QFT

solid update. icloud seems pretty interesting. iTunes match is very "interesting", curious how they will verify that people actually own the cds. iOS looks really good added the features everybody wanted. not sure if i will use iMessage. Twitter integration is really deep, I guess they are trying to get the twitter niche market which is very profitable(even more so then facebook).

I'm pretty sure they don't care if its pirated music. The way they look at it is, people downloaded illegal music, and the music companies aren't getting any money for it. So this is the best way for music companies to actually make some of that money back, as opposed to doing nothing and continually losing music.

solid update. icloud seems pretty interesting. iTunes match is very "interesting", curious how they will verify that people actually own the cds. iOS looks really good added the features everybody wanted. not sure if i will use iMessage. Twitter integration is really deep, I guess they are trying to get the twitter niche market which is very profitable(even more so then facebook).

It doesn't need to verify if you bought CDs. It scans your library, if any song matches a song available on iTunes it'll get pushed as such (aac 265 kbps). If some song doesn't match, it gets pushed just as is. So you still have your whole library there, just some songs (or maybe all) might be in the itunes format. Pretty good for $2 per month.

It doesn't need to verify if you bought CDs. It scans your library, if any song matches a song available on iTunes it'll get pushed as such (aac 265 kbps). If some song doesn't match, it gets pushed just as is. So you still have your whole library there, just some songs (or maybe all) might be in the itunes format. Pretty good for $2 per month.

I'm pretty sure they don't care if its pirated music. The way they look at it is, people downloaded illegal music, and the music companies aren't getting any money for it. So this is the best way for music companies to actually make some of that money back, as opposed to doing nothing and continually losing music.

i guess im going to make a twitter to see how this works on Safari

i guess im going to make a twitter to see how this works on Safari

I'm pretty excited about
- New notifications

- Twitter integration (but really? no FaceBook)

- Reminders is pretty useful, I don't have to buy a 3rd party app that might not work well

- No PC, I've been waiting for wireless syncing

- iMessage is cool, hopefully all my friends on iPhones start using it, I want to save some cash on texting

I'm pretty excited about
- New notifications

- Twitter integration (but really? no FaceBook)

- Reminders is pretty useful, I don't have to buy a 3rd party app that might not work well

- No PC, I've been waiting for wireless syncing

- iMessage is cool, hopefully all my friends on iPhones start using it, I want to save some cash on texting

pimp.gif
iMessage, iCloud, and Notifications.
May not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but wait, and just see how much we will take advantage of and appreciate these things come this fall.

eek.gif
not having to worry about searching for my cable to sync my phone anymore
30t6p3b.gif
my phone not charging while syncing anymore
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
iMessage, iCloud, and Notifications.
May not seem like a big deal to a lot of people, but wait, and just see how much we will take advantage of and appreciate these things come this fall.

eek.gif
not having to worry about searching for my cable to sync my phone anymore
30t6p3b.gif
my phone not charging while syncing anymore
laugh.gif

So you mean to tell me i don't have to be around a computer to get updates ? All I need is wifi???
eek.gif
eek.gif

So you mean to tell me i don't have to be around a computer to get updates ? All I need is wifi???
eek.gif
eek.gif

damn.... So much win for apple right now even though they coppied a lot of their new updates
laugh.gif

diggin iOS 5 tho
pimp.gif

damn.... So much win for apple right now even though they coppied a lot of their new updates
laugh.gif

diggin iOS 5 tho
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom