~~Official Apple iOS5 + iCloud WWDC Live today: 10am PST/1pm EST~~

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Jking0821 wrote:

Looks like that might be a quick reply there "alerts"

Pic is from ios5 setting up your alerts.

Really hoping it is.....but skeptic
Alerts will be the same as they are now judging from that.  I could be wrong though.

Dam.....your prob right

frown.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Naw, it's just showing that Apple is no longer the industry standard it once was and the once a year phone and major update is becoming antiquated, because phones are advancing at a much faster rate. It was fine when RIM and Palm were the competition. Once Palm and RIM were the standards and being slow developing new technology caused them to be overtaken.

If the next iPhone doesn't have 4G that could be another deterrent to chose another OS.

LOL are you serious? Software is not advancing that much on mobile platforms. You are confused between software vs hardware.

official PR vids:
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/gallery.html#video-ios

Software isn't advancing, but everything from OS5 was what other companies had already done?

And software hasn't advanced...you mean like widgets, 3D, live wall papers, 4G phones, google voice integration, NFC?
Wow you really failed on this reply.

Widgets - possible now with current hardware but widgets drain battery adding them would completely destroy current iphone battery.

3D - lol

live wall papers - battery/resource hog not really efficient until better battery tech.

4g - lol

google voice integration - unless google is going to start working on iOS dont see how this would be possible.

nfc - lol

so basically to sum it up my reply to you is "lol".

Alot of you guys are forgetting this is all possible on 1 year old hardware and 2 year old hardware. We have no idea what will be possible on the next iteration of the phone which is coming out in god knows when. More than likely they are waiting for the price of LTE chipsets to come down/better performance. They already have all the other components.

Naw, it's just showing that Apple is no longer the industry standard it once was and the once a year phone and major update is becoming antiquated, because phones are advancing at a much faster rate. It was fine when RIM and Palm were the competition. Once Palm and RIM were the standards and being slow developing new technology caused them to be overtaken.

If the next iPhone doesn't have 4G that could be another deterrent to chose another OS.

LOL are you serious? Software is not advancing that much on mobile platforms. You are confused between software vs hardware.

official PR vids:
http://www.apple.com/ios/ios5/gallery.html#video-ios

Software isn't advancing, but everything from OS5 was what other companies had already done?

And software hasn't advanced...you mean like widgets, 3D, live wall papers, 4G phones, google voice integration, NFC?
Wow you really failed on this reply.

Widgets - possible now with current hardware but widgets drain battery adding them would completely destroy current iphone battery.

3D - lol

live wall papers - battery/resource hog not really efficient until better battery tech.

4g - lol

google voice integration - unless google is going to start working on iOS dont see how this would be possible.

nfc - lol

so basically to sum it up my reply to you is "lol".

Alot of you guys are forgetting this is all possible on 1 year old hardware and 2 year old hardware. We have no idea what will be possible on the next iteration of the phone which is coming out in god knows when. More than likely they are waiting for the price of LTE chipsets to come down/better performance. They already have all the other components.

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

what about push email? will we be notified when we get a new email?

if im not mistake push mail capabilities is something that varies from client to client. I do know though if you get the new @me.com email accounts you will get push e-mail (which means you will auto get it as soon as it arrives on the pop server, included in iCloud).

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

what about push email? will we be notified when we get a new email?

if im not mistake push mail capabilities is something that varies from client to client. I do know though if you get the new @me.com email accounts you will get push e-mail (which means you will auto get it as soon as it arrives on the pop server, included in iCloud).

Originally Posted by CWrite78

so let me get this straight, i need to open an app to see what my other app wants?

they should done a palm style notification bar. all that extra space on the bottom would have been perfect.
Dont think so. I believe you just slide down the top bar (think the current top status bar where the time is now) and it should bring down the notifications. It will also show at the top of the screen momentarily so you can read it as it appears on the screen.

so let me get this straight, i need to open an app to see what my other app wants?

they should done a palm style notification bar. all that extra space on the bottom would have been perfect.
Dont think so. I believe you just slide down the top bar (think the current top status bar where the time is now) and it should bring down the notifications. It will also show at the top of the screen momentarily so you can read it as it appears on the screen.

Youtube a video of Beta iOS5.. it works exactly like Android's pull down bar. 

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

just purchased the White iPhone 4..any apps I should need?
espn sportscenter - must have if a sports fan. You can set up your favorite teams/sports and it will PUSH you notifications for games/scores and even news.
netflix - self explainatoy
simpleplayer pro - you can search for mp3s on here and play them or even make playlists
datpiff app - listen to datpiff catalog via iphone
cnn - will push breaking news alerts to phone

games:
nba jam
rage hd
real racing 2
frisbee
mike tyson has a punchout game also for free
etc..

just go through the app store you should find tons of things to your likings though. I think myUCF even has an app too..

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

just purchased the White iPhone 4..any apps I should need?
espn sportscenter - must have if a sports fan. You can set up your favorite teams/sports and it will PUSH you notifications for games/scores and even news.
netflix - self explainatoy
simpleplayer pro - you can search for mp3s on here and play them or even make playlists
datpiff app - listen to datpiff catalog via iphone
cnn - will push breaking news alerts to phone

games:
nba jam
rage hd
real racing 2
frisbee
mike tyson has a punchout game also for free
etc..

just go through the app store you should find tons of things to your likings though. I think myUCF even has an app too..

With iOS 5 I'll have no need to JB my iphone (based on my needs)...I've always preferred stock software over 3rd party ones.

With iOS 5 I'll have no need to JB my iphone (based on my needs)...I've always preferred stock software over 3rd party ones.

Originally Posted by proper english

that's good to hear then.

i'd still like it palm style with the bar on the bottom, but beggers can't be choosers.

Originally Posted by proper english

that's good to hear then.

i'd still like it palm style with the bar on the bottom, but beggers can't be choosers.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

4318michaeljhonson=usainbolt.

Thank you I'm not arguing with you.

lol, thx for the heads up. Now I know whom not to waste my time arguing with.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

4318michaeljhonson=usainbolt.

Thank you I'm not arguing with you.

lol, thx for the heads up. Now I know whom not to waste my time arguing with.

Back
Top Bottom