OFFICIAL APRIL '16 NIKE OUTLET/WEBSITE/STORE UPDATE THREAD - DO NOT MAKE REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Based off of the actual lawsuit they might just do away with the whole "suggested" & "our price" marketing scheme. Always thought it wasn't needed. After all they're the ones who set the MSRP to begin with there's really no need to say "our price" on the tag.

For us that know what retail prices are on most of merchandise or the most popular items, we know what they're worth and know a deal when we see one. For the novice and the people that never buy Nike products and walk into an outlet and study the price tag and don't agree with it, will disect it and take it to court and stand behind their lawsuit vehemently. To me this lawsuit is stupid and silly. People nowadays will sue any company for any little reason out for the quick and easy money. People with money want more money and will find every opportunity to get it.

Damn. Looks like Amazon is trying to be the next Eastbay. Ordered some boots the other day. They arrived today in a basic unprotected plastic packing bag.  The shoe box was messed up and the boots were even scuffed a bit. Not cool. I dont think I've ever seen Amazon ship like that before. They always have used boxes unless its something really small that can fit in those padded yellow/manila bags. Been a Prime member for MANY years.

For us that know what retail prices are on most of merchandise or the most popular items, we know what they're worth and know a deal when we see one. For the novice and the people that never buy Nike products and walk into an outlet and study the price tag and don't agree with it, will disect it and take it to court and stand behind their lawsuit vehemently. To me this lawsuit is stupid and silly. People nowadays will sue any company for any little reason out for the quick and easy money. People with money want more money and will find every opportunity to get it.
Its a dumb lawsuit. I DO think its seriously sketchy (and maybe worth some litigation) when Nike re-tickets merchandise to make it MORE expensive, still have the lower price visible, but NOT honor that lower price. I've had that happen to me several times. Once with an item on the Hash wall and other times with items in the runs.

That lawsuit does have merit.  I just don't know why they filed in Oregon when they are alleging violations of California Law. 

Edit.  I am an idiot.  Nike is an Oregon corporation.  Carry on. 

Last edited:
Thank you @nickfolarin!! This is so dope. Thank you for taking the time and money to do this for everybody. It's well appreciated may man.
How else would we be able to get one of these discount cards? is it a promotion? do they pass it out? Thanks for the heads up!

http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2016/04/nike-facing-5-million-dollar-lawsuit
http://koin.com/2016/04/19/nike-faces-5-million-class-action-lawsuit/

Someone suing Nike because of outlet prices

Seemed fitting for this thread since it is outlet related.

Person might have a point, but for most of us who have been buying Nike forever, we kinda have that background on how Nike operates and what is actually originally sold at Nike stores or Nike.com for regular price. There are products that seem like they were made strictly for outlets but those happen to be those generic stuff I don't even look at so I don't even recall if Nike puts that sugg retail price or original price with a sales sticker over it to make people seem like they are getting a discount.

I know Coach was notorious for this. They made products strictly for the outlet that you never even saw in the real non-outlet Coach stores. The quality was noticeable, but what was shady was they had a "regular" higher price tag then obviously some kind of sale and always some additional % off in the store. It got people a lot back then, I dont know how they are now, but it looks like MK Michael Kors is doing the same now haha. Women thinking they getting exclusive hot ish, but Michael Kors be running to the bank just like Coach did. They selling these things at the price they intended them to be lol.

But nah, Nike can't get me on this. I buy too much of their stuff to know what actually is a good deal. But good for the person to be doing something about it I guess.

Last edited:
http://www.complex.com/sneakers/2016/04/nike-facing-5-million-dollar-lawsuit
http://koin.com/2016/04/19/nike-faces-5-million-class-action-lawsuit/

Someone suing Nike because of outlet prices

Seemed fitting for this thread since it is outlet related.

Person might have a point, but for most of us who have been buying Nike forever, we kinda have that background on how Nike operates and what is actually originally sold at Nike stores or Nike.com for regular price. There are products that seem like they were made strictly for outlets but those happen to be those generic stuff I don't even look at so I don't even recall if Nike puts that sugg retail price or original price with a sales sticker over it to make people seem like they are getting a discount.

I know Coach was notorious for this. They made products strictly for the outlet that you never even saw in the real non-outlet Coach stores. The quality was noticeable, but what was shady was they had a "regular" higher price tag then obviously some kind of sale and always some additional % off in the store. It got people a lot back then, I dont know how they are now, but it looks like MK Michael Kors is doing the same now haha. Women thinking they getting exclusive hot ish, but Michael Kors be running to the bank just like Coach did. They selling these things at the price they intended them to be lol.

But nah, Nike can't get me on this. I buy too much of their stuff to know what actually is a good deal. But good for the person to be doing something about it I guess.

Nike isnt the only company that has been sued over its outlet pricing practices.

Stores that sell clothes strickly for the outlets are:

Kat Spade
Jcrew
Micheal Kors
Off Saks*
Last Call Neiman Marcus*
Nordstrom Rack*
NorthFace*
GAP
Banana Republic
Ralph Lauren*
Boss
True Religion*
Brooks Brothers*
Hilfiger*
Nautica*
Under Armour*
Levi's*
Kate Spade*

*Will have clothing thats in mainline stores but they are usually on the final few/ clearance rack.

List is not all inclusive just what I could remember.

Last edited:
Been saying for years that they make shoes solely for the outlet. All those iterations of Frees and other random running shoes that make up half of their shoe selection seem like they're not sold anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom