Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Authentic kobe bryant patch 9/11

I know Champions made replicas but I thought I came across an Authentic in the past? if they made Authentics for Ewing and some other players from 90-96 roster of the Knicks...I dont see why they didnt make a Starks...Clue me in if you have the info...

When champion started making jerseys in the 90's, they only made star players. They slowly added more players but by 96/97, many teams only had 1 authentic jersey (1 player available) in one color only.

Knicks-wise, Champion only made blue Ewings until starter took over. By 97/98, the companies producing jerseys (champion included) started making more than just one player, and home and away colors.

When starter took over the knicks jerseys, they started making houston, starks, and ewings in both blue and white. Then when puma took over they made sprewell and LJ. (Maybe others)

Tldr, 98-99 is when things really took off, nba jersey collecting-wise imo

When champion started making jerseys in the 90's, they only made star players. They slowly added more players but by 96/97, many teams only had 1 authentic jersey (1 player available) in one color only.

Knicks-wise, Champion only made blue Ewings until starter took over. By 97/98, the companies producing jerseys (champion included) started making more than just one player, and home and away colors.

When starter took over the knicks jerseys, they started making houston, starks, and ewings in both blue and white. Then when puma took over they made sprewell and LJ. (Maybe others)

Tldr, 98-99 is when things really took off, nba jersey collecting-wise imo
Kinda had a sense that Champion only wanted to produce Authentics for star players only...Thank for the info bud! repped

^no prob, happy to help fellow collectors.

That's why the Dirk jersey from earlier stuck out to me, and has now become a mudslinger
smile.gif
, because I pay too close attention to these little details 
laugh.gif

I wish champion made a starks...I guess it was kind of an experimental phase for champion to charge a higher price for an "authentic" which was new at the time, and see the customer response. They didn't want to take a chance on anyone not a superstar yet.

Just a topic of discussion...what's your top 5 jersey that you are currently searching for?

1. John Starks (Knicks) 90-98, authentic champion.
2. Damon stoudamire (Raptors) 95-96, A. Champion.
3. Dennis Rodman ( Bulls), 95-98, A. Champion.
4. John stockton ( Jazz) , 90-97, A. Champion.
5. Charles Barkley (Rockets), 96-00, A. Champion

1) Kobe rookie style Nike. A NTer had made a deal with me to sell it to me a few years ago, but he gave it to his friend who sold it to another NTer. Haven't seen one at that price since and will never.
2) Allen Iverson 50th anniversary
3) Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp early 90s style
4) Jason Kidd Suns Black Alternate
5) Tim Hardaway OG Miami Heat

Sz. 48 BTW :nerd:

That's me actually lol!

I told him to off with his low ball offer and called him a coward because of his childish insults. His replies:

"I think you're real stupid actually.

- hazy88s"

"But hey, good luck selling your stuff. This jersey is customized btw. Why don't you say that in your listing? Dirk never wore Champion jerseys.

- hazy88s"

"Coward? You're the one selling customized stuff.

Are you mad, bro?

- hazy88s"

"I sleep on customized jerseys like you, Jay. Here's a pic of rookie Dirk with Nike tags on the jersey. You're a scam.

- hazy88s"

He is rude as hell. How did I cursed you out to the high heavens?
yeah, I'd also like to see full convo, not just what he said lol

1) Kobe rookie style Nike. A NTer had made a deal with me to sell it to me a few years ago, but he gave it to his friend who sold it to another NTer. Haven't seen one at that price since and will never.
2) Allen Iverson 50th anniversary
3) Gary Payton/Shawn Kemp early 90s style
4) Jason Kidd Suns Black Alternate
5) Tim Hardaway OG Miami Heat

Sz. 48 BTW :nerd:

I know where you can get a Jason Kidd black Suns champion in a 48 but the guy is charging like 290/325 (somewhere in that range I forgot the exact specifics but I'm sure he still has it)

I'm not paying an arm and a leg for a jersey. Haven't before and won't start now. Try to catch deals if I can. I'll gladly go without if I'm not comfortable with the price.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw that too. After I offered him about $110 shipped because it's customized, he hurled insults and wants about $300 for it.
"$110 shipped because it's customized".... You can't use that kind of logic. Customizing a jersey takes many hours and is done by someone that knows what they're doing, not some minimum wage worker. And if it had another player's name/number previously, that's even MORE time un-stitching & removing adhesive.

You made it seem like he's a scammer selling a fake jersey. That's his jersey he was selling. You're not entitled to a bargain. That Dirk is easily worth $200+.

Yeah, I saw that too. After I offered him about $110 shipped because it's customized, he hurled insults and wants about $300 for it.

"$110 shipped because it's customized".... You can't use that kind of logic. Customizing a jersey takes many hours and is done by someone that knows what they're doing, not some minimum wage worker. And if it had another player's name/number previously, that's even MORE time un-stitching & removing adhesive.
You made it seem like he's a scammer selling a fake jersey. That's his jersey he was selling. You're not entitled to a bargain. That Dirk is easily worth $200+.

Ok...you would pay 200+ for customized not me. Also, if he would've just tell me is was customized at first I prolly might've paid the 200+ He aint eem do the customizing himself. So what are you saying?

Actually PurpleMamba is right. For starters this thread isn't a he said she said ebay message venting forum. Take it to PM or just ignore the other person. It's a real jersey that looks pretty damn well customized. You can do your homework or come on here to find out if a player wore a certain style/manufacturer but what's the point in taking it any further? 

Dirk never wore champion but still a bad *** jersey if the price is right

Customizing a jersey takes 5 minutes...

Im surprised when customs go for a lot. I think its mainly because people dont realize that its a custom. I represent a minority but i dont like customs in my collection. Most people dont care if the jersey manufacturer matches the time period. But to me, part of whats special about a jersey from a previous era is its authenticity

Im surprised when customs go for a lot. I think its mainly because people dont realize that its a custom. I represent a minority but i dont like customs in my collection. Most people dont care if the jersey manufacturer matches the time period. But to me, part of whats special about a jersey from a previous era is its authenticity
Same here broski...The dirk Champion looks dope even if its a custom...but I cant purchase a jersey knowing that it has been altered or changed in any form. 

btw...@LikeABoss2  would love to see your Champion collection fam...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom