Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Hey guys, I've been looking on Ebay for an authentic Kobe home jersey for a while now and recently came across this - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kobe-Bryant-Los-Angeles-Lakers-authentic-sewn-Adidas-NBA-jersey-size-44-NWT-/281772172204

Would someone be able to tell me if its real or fake?

Thanks!

^ Makes me think M&N markup is insanely high compared to cost if Lids doesn't have any qualms about going 40% off.

As much as I hate fake jerseys, I do hate how these companies have convinced us that $250-300 should be the market price for authentics. Bet overall cost to make a jersey is probably around $40, probably lower if production numbers are high.

Last edited:
It's 40% off probably because they randomly found it in the warehouse or store from God knows how long ago

Just received today. Won from eBay...$57 shipped and signed on the back "0". Heat Nation 8)

Here is my LeBron Heat, also XL (and shortened) the cuts of the jersey's up top differ ever so slightly and the Bron is about a 1/4" wider as well. Perhaps the difference in the big neck tags and small size neck tags? Plus the yellow stripe down the side is different. Bron has a shiny yellow dazzle material, the UD is just a regular fabric. Matches my other Wade's, Bosh's, James. The home Bron is the only different one, and with the large neck tag.

@Dc30  is that home lebron supposed to be game worn? Looks like a retail authentic to me where as the haslem looks game worn/issued but the number font looks a bit off. May be a team issued blank thats been customized.

Last edited:
@Dc30
 is that home lebron supposed to be game worn? Looks like a retail authentic to me where as the haslem looks game worn/issued but the number font looks a bit off. May be a team issued blank thats been customized.

Noooo...the LeBron I got from Full Moon a few years ago. It's only now I noticed it to be slightly different. But like I said, maybe the authentics with the long neck tagging had slight production variations. As for the UD, I'm guessing Team Store customized. They are twill numbers not mesh which is why they look skinny.

Number. Compare your jersey and the game pic. The numbers are much wider in the gamer

Yes. I mentioned that in my response to the posted game pic. It's twill numbers, NOT mesh numbers. All Heat twill are much thinner than Heat mesh numbers. If this was mesh it would look like the gamer. Here is a comparison pic...twill on left mesh on right. The mesh lebron is posted above. The twill I got rid of and found mesh.

Last edited:
Yea the font on the Haslem looks off.

Which is why I never bought any of the twill jerseys even at low prices. Could have gotten a home and alternate Kobe for literally nothing but didn't cop bc the numbers were so off it was pointless IMO

Which is why I never bought any of the twill jerseys even at low prices. Could have gotten a home and alternate Kobe for literally nothing but didn't cop bc the numbers were so off it was pointless IMO

For Kobe...I agree since those jersey's should be fairly available to be found with mesh. But UD for $57 shipped with a signature? This is one of those players where authentics don't show up often. Yeah mesh numbers look and feel better. But at less than a blank I didn't feel like waiting another 9-10 weeks plus $100 for an EPS job. So I'm cool with this.

I'm ignorant so pay me no mind sir :lol:
I had to pay you mind BigJ...not sure I've ever seen you in here :lol: But good eye...mesh numbers are awesome. Twill, not so much. But sometimes you just take it how it is, ya know?

I'm ignorant so pay me no mind sir :lol:
I had to pay you mind BigJ...not sure I've ever seen you in here :lol: But good eye...mesh numbers are awesome. Twill, not so much. But sometimes you just take it how it is, ya know?

:lol: I hear you man. Dope price too.
I honestly just lurk in here since I think the knowledge in here is good stuff to know. Been learning a lot and just hitting the rep button :lol:

:lol: I hear you man. Dope price too.
I honestly just lurk in here since I think the knowledge in here is good stuff to know. Been learning a lot and just hitting the rep button :lol:

Continue on sir, we got a good group of dudes in here.

Back
Top Bottom