Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

^no authentics sold at this year's ASG (unless they somehow sold em all on the low)

Only ones out there I'm aware of were those $600 boxed ones and actual game worns sold at auction, no actual retail release that I can speak to
thanks for the info

Was going through ebay for some authentics and saw this post by TheSofaSurfer, which has me scratching my head...

"ONLY ONE I HAVE IN THIS SIZE WHICH IS THE SIZE KOBE WEARS!  EXTREMELY RARE!  SO VERY, VERY RARE - you are looking at an Los Angeles Lakers home gold, pro cut jersey of one of the greatest basketball players to ever play the game - the lethal "Black Mamba" Kobe Bryant # 24.  Kobe has won many NBA Championships and MVPs and will go down as one of the very best players ever.  Jersey is made by Adidas, is part of their popular "revolution 30" material, has the "JB" patch that honor the late owner, Jerry Buss; who just loved Kobe like a son.  Jersey has everything sewn-on and is a size 3XL+2 (fits more like a XL t-shirt as these Adidas jerseys run small and snug - see the photo of my son wearing a size 3XL curry authentic; my son is 5'10 and 170 .lbs and he is wearing a 3XL and it fits him like a dream).  Very nice jersey to rep Kobe and your Lakers as he heads off into retirement!  Shipping with online signature confirmation is $9.  Thanks for looking and check out our other rare authentics....."

So the jerseys Kobe wears (3XL+2) fits perfectly for someone who is 5'10 and 170lbs?  How is that even possible?  My XL+2 jerseys fit me a little snug in the chest, but are ridiculously long and I'm around 6'2" 220 lbs.

Sounds like we wear the same size so hope this helps. Underneath is the M&N '89 MJ All Star size 40 and on top is the Adidas Swingman Butler All Star size small.

I agree with ROB that the size 36 is smaller because I tried the M&N '89 MJ All Star in a 36 at the NBA Store back in 2014 and the employee watching me try it on was worried it was going to rip as I tried to put it on.

:lol: sorry had to laugh because I did literally the EXACT same thing: visited NYC summer 2014, went to (that temporary) NBA store and they only had sz 36 left in that jersey and I also "fought with it" putting it on/taking it off (who knows same jersey?)

For reference I also wear sz 40 M&N, M in adidas authentics, swingmans: S for old cut, M for new cut

Was going through ebay for some authentics and saw this post by TheSofaSurfer, which has me scratching my head...
So the jerseys Kobe wears (3XL+2) fits perfectly for someone who is 5'10 and 170lbs?  How is that even possible?  My XL+2 jerseys fit me a little snug in the chest, but are ridiculously long and I'm around 6'2" 220 lbs.
Kobe wore 6XL+4 in 2010-11 and transitioned down to 4XL+4 in the next couple years.

Adidas sold limited edition boxed jerseys (500 of each color) in what they mistakenly claimed to be "Kobe's size"... (they were actually a 3XL+4).

The sofasurfer is just gathering pieces of information from all over the place to sell his stuff.

Edit: I would argue that the one being worn by his son in that photo fits long on him (and maybe sleeved jerseys are shorter)

Last edited:
any suggestions on sizing for the Authentic sleeved jerseys? If i wear an XL in jerseys (L/44 in some, especially swingman), would an XL sleeved be slim? or should i go up in size 

But you know you're stuff so doubt you needed to ask us when you got every jersey that's ever touched his back

Nah, you and several others here know a bunch more than I do, so I always ask prior to dropping any reasonable amount of money.  Apologies if it's annoying.

Not annoying at all when it comes to real jerseys and questions

Only thing annoying is painfully obvious fakes

:lol: :lol: big is one thing but a 6x when dude could probably rock a double if you don't regard length is wild

nah, 48 is xl, 52 xxl, 56 triple and so on if I'm not mistaken
That would be correct for the older jerseys.

When Adidas introduced the rev30 material they became way narrower.

(That's when Melo, Blake Griffin, and Dwight started wearing the extra snug jerseys)

for anyone wondering about sleeved jerseys you can go up a size from your normal rev30 jersey and be fine

That would be correct for the older jerseys.
When Adidas introduced the rev30 material they became way narrower.
(That's when Melo, Blake Griffin, and Dwight started wearing the extra snug jerseys)

oh wow, didn't know that. And don't like them narrow fitting shirts, especially jerseys, don't need everyone seeing my stomach :lol:
With that said finally stopped messing around and copped me my petrovic, really excited for that jersey

Yes, obviously it is authentic, it just has different tagging than my white one from the same season so I wanted to make sure it's a real gamer, what with all this talk about regular authentics being passed off as game-worn etc.
what do you mean by different tagging? extra length on black piece of cloth instead of white? adidas used to change such details during their pre-rev30 era. as you said, there are even jerseys from the same season with a bit modified jock tag.

for anyone wondering about sleeved jerseys you can go up a size from your normal rev30 jersey and be fine

Would it be a "bad" idea to get the same size?

If I'm an XL in rev30, would XL in sleeved be ok? I only ask because a 2XL isn't available

Back
Top Bottom