Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

The authentic I touched felt super thin and I wasn't impressed with the stitching the way I am of Mitchel & Ness or even Adidas's climacool authentics.

New Nike swingmans do look goooood. I actually like the weight and feel of the body more than the Aeroswift authentic material. Just feels TOUGH.

Stitching/sewing is kind funny. Nike has been kiss-cutting numbers since the late 90s/00s but retail authentics have always been stacked twill. It's kinda warped our expectations of what feels "higher quality"- equating weight and more materials with it. It's like when people started complaining about some of the kiss-cut M&N jerseys feeling "light weight and cheap", even though they were more accurate to on-court than the OG authentics.

Additionally, I think a big component of the new authentics feeling lighter is that arm/neckhole trimming is no longer a woven separate piece of material. It's a thin trimming overlaying the Aeroswift body.

It's a tough boat. I think most consumers wants something that feels really heavy and heavy duty, like a 90s Champion gamer. But the reality is that since, as early as 2000, most gamers have been shaving off as much material and being lightweight as possible. And now, Nike is giving us what the players DO wear (for the most part.)

New Nike swingmans do look goooood. I actually like the weight and feel of the body more than the Aeroswift authentic material. Just feels TOUGH.

Stitching/sewing is kind funny. Nike has been kiss-cutting numbers since the late 90s/00s but retail authentics have always been stacked twill. It's kinda warped our expectations of what feels "higher quality"- equating weight and more materials with it. It's like when people started complaining about some of the kiss-cut M&N jerseys feeling "light weight and cheap", even though they were more accurate to on-court than the OG authentics.

Additionally, I think a big component of the new authentics feeling lighter is that arm/neckhole trimming is no longer a woven separate piece of material. It's a thin trimming overlaying the Aeroswift body.

It's a tough boat. I think most consumers wants something that feels really heavy and heavy duty, like a 90s Champion gamer. But the reality is that since, as early as 2000, most gamers have been shaving off as much material and being lightweight as possible. And now, Nike is giving us what the players DO wear (for the most part.)

Woah, awesome in depth answer. I'm trapped in this exact debate... yup. I get that the players wanted lighter, and it is cool that authentic price dropped down to $200 new at retail.

Did anybody else like these jerseys or just me?

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg
I want that jersey pretty bad, but could only find the XXL+ sizes available on eBay.

Woah, awesome in depth answer. I'm trapped in this exact debate... yup. I get that the players wanted lighter, and it is cool that authentic price dropped down to $200 new at retail.

Sorry. I get carried away sometimes. LOL Post wasn't directed totally at or aginst you.

Yeah $200 is good and the swingmans are so well made I am even considering them for once!

Swingman version of the city jerseys is up on Eastbay.

Grabbed the Cream Giannis just in case authentics are hard to get

Unpopular opinion but seeing those pics makes me wish there was a +4 length option available. It's never been that easy though

The purple on the shoulder and pit of the Lakers uni was a nice touch

Nike is hitting my bells and whistles with these City jerseys. A new one every year...it's going to be collection madness.

Just wait until Kobe heads realize the Lakers one is Kobe-themed, and it sounds like each one after may be inspired by a former Laker.

Trying to get it with the sponsor adds another layer of complexity.

Generally I'm not a fan of a team having a million different jerseys, like what's happening in baseball, but I think this campaign will be a success, even if half the designs suck.

Unpopular opinion but seeing those pics makes me wish there was a +4 length option available. It's never been that easy though

The purple on the shoulder and pit of the Lakers uni was a nice touch
Length is definitely something people didn't like with adidas but the Nike jerseys are a joke, I like the extra length and I feel like even the ones that say +2 are just put on the jersey for aesthetics, theres no way these Nike retail jerseys are longer with the +2 tag.

Has the Lakers Team Store (or any place for that matter) ever release the Lakers Statement (Purple) Authentics?

Back
Top Bottom