Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

nthat.gif

doubt their is a clause, would be stupid to get the rights to the jersey and player and skimp out on something for some odd reason.

its either they are stupid or they just dont care to make a 100% accurate product.

im going with they just dont care.
Yeah. Pretty much. M&N is basically telling us "DEAL WITH IT". Damb shame.

@Jordan Novice I'd start by seeing when/if Chicago switched from poly to mesh & if their trim used to not have black.

Rawlings did make the 84-85 on court jerseys, but I believe Sand Knit had the rights to make retail jerseys during that time.

As far as replica or authentic, NOBs were not added to authentics either.

I know with older Sand Knit NFL jerseys the differences between the two included whether or not there were slits on the sides (bottom) and if they were sized alphabetically (replica) or numerically (authentic). I'm pretty sure the same applies to the NBA.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Not NBA, but they actually made a Warren Moon Pro Bowl jersey and used the wrong number entirely. It doesn't get much lazier from the research department than that.

Oh, and the 95-96 MJ AS with the upside down "2" on the back has to be up there.

off the top of my head

-The older Mitchell and Ness Bulls shooting shirts featured a inverted color scheme for the Bulls font on the chest (White letters with black outline instead of black letters with a white outline)
-Older Isiah Thomas Pistons jerseys had a serifed typeface. It should have been sans serif block font.
-1987-88 Reggie Miller Pacers Jersey being made out of polyester instead of mesh and no trimming at all on the armholes.
-Alot of older baseball jerseys were missing the name on the back (this may have had something to do with the Player agreements though)

Hey there guys. Any info on this jersey? I'm unsure if it's an authentic, replica, etc?
From research, I think it may be Sidney Green. The jersey features the same style on Mike's rookie year, so it has to be at least 1984/5 I believe?
As well, I thought Rawlings made the jerseys during Jordan's rookie era?
There's no name on the rear, so that doesn't really help. I'm unsure if there's no name because it's a 'replica' or if it was before they added names to the back of the jersey.
I also found these photos of Sidney Green, but the numbers seem different on the front, and there's a name printed on the back, which makes me believe it could possibly be a replica/swingman
The jersey feels like high quality stuff, and the screen printing is pretty damn nice, especially comparing to what I'm used to from a Champion/Reebok replica.

Also, a list of players who wore 21 on the Bulls
Jim King (1971-1973)
Rick Adelman (1974)
Roger Burkman (1982)
Sidney Green (1984-1986)
Elston Turner (1987-1988)
Stacey King (1992-1993)
Cory Carr (1999)
Marcus Fizer (2001-2004)
Chris Duhon (2005-2008)
Hakim Warrick (2010)
Jimmy Butler (2012-2014)

This is a mid 80s Sand knit replica Sidney Green jersey. Sand Knit were the ones making NBA replicas in the mid 80s and Sidney wore that jersey style in the 1984-85 season. Theyre fairly common, however it is hard to find Chicago ones. The replicas are all screenprinted with a heavy nylon/polyester material

Here are a few examples. These should be mesh for the authentics, not polyester/solid nylon

Last edited:
Yeah, it was strange looking.

Very.

You find it strange that Mitchell and Ness has made throwback jerseys of the entire 1989 Pistons starting lineup and 1986 Celtics but havent produced any jerseys of the 1990-91 Bulls? Id kill for a Horace Grant, Craig Hodges, or BJ Armstrong jersey.

Very.

You find it strange that Mitchell and Ness has made throwback jerseys of the entire 1989 Pistons starting lineup and 1986 Celtics but havent produced any jerseys of the 1990-91 Bulls? Id kill for a Horace Grant, Craig Hodges, or BJ Armstrong jersey.
You have to figure though, they need the individual player to sign a contract. They can't make whoever they want. Non-superstars may not be worth producing financially. 

You have to figure though, they need the individual player to sign a contract. They can't make whoever they want. Non-superstars may not be worth producing financially. 

this i can understand. but if they can sign MJ, then anyone is possible. I don't see the demand in a Rick Mahorn or Dennis Johnson authentic. People would go crazy for Bulls jerseys from the first 3 peat era. Theyre probably waiting to drop the 91 Finals era Jordan jersey and will probably drop the rest of the players around the same time. Something else that puzzles me is why Adidas dropped throwbacks of jerseys that Mitchell and Ness hasnt when theyre the same company. For instance, there are Karl Malone Jazz and Byron Scott Lakers swingmans but no M&N authentics

Very.

because its not worth it

all the players on the pistons team were known/stars and popular

who the hell is gonna buy a Hodges or Armstrong jersey other than the 5 people who actually want it? come on now :lol: same goes for Grant jersey

got my kemp!

1 my favorites jerseys

here's how it look after and before tailor

was stenotic, even on shoulders

it was size 60, right now it's the same size as ceballos (48+3) and it's perfect for me

1 thing gone bad is year tag. we couldn't remove it because was glued, so, it's in the same place.

everything is sewn the same style as before,

love the way jersey is made. flexible material, welt and sticker numbers and letters. 1 thing i don't like are word "SONICS" in game jersey letters were straight, not leaning, but i can live with it:D

i was looking for this jersey for 7 years. finally.

this i can understand. but if they can sign MJ, then anyone is possible. I don't see the demand in a Rick Mahorn or Dennis Johnson authentic. People would go crazy for Bulls jerseys from the first 3 peat era. Theyre probably waiting to drop the 91 Finals era Jordan jersey and will probably drop the rest of the players around the same time. Something else that puzzles me is why Adidas dropped throwbacks of jerseys that Mitchell and Ness hasnt when theyre the same company. For instance, there are Karl Malone Jazz and Byron Scott Lakers swingmans but no M&N authentics

I doubt people going crazy to spend 300$ on a hodges, BJ, grant, paxson, etc... jersey

Can I get the LC pls?
Looks legit to me just wondering why the shape looks so .... weird.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=331143624116
Does anyone else think this jersey looks a little off? I'm no expert but the "48" on the jock tag looks a little strange - not to mention that it is sewn all the way around (instead of just on the sides as I thought was customary with these Champions). The overall shape of the jersey looks a little off and the NBA logoman isn't great either.
I agree with Sam Beam. For the reasons that he mentions, that Jordan #45 jersey looks very very suspicious to me.

got my kemp!

1 my favorites jerseys

here's how it look after and before tailor

was stenotic, even on shoulders

it was size 60, right now it's the same size as ceballos (48+3) and it's perfect for me

1 thing gone bad is year tag. we couldn't remove it because was glued, so, it's in the same place.

everything is sewn the same style as before,

love the way jersey is made. flexible material, welt and sticker numbers and letters. 1 thing i don't like are word "SONICS" in game jersey letters were straight, not leaning, but i can live with it:D

i was looking for this jersey for 7 years. finally.

i couldn't remove it

it's glued

i was affraid to damage jersey material. choosen easier option to stay it

i have no idea why somebody glued it. usually it's only sewn...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom