Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Does anyone have a standard guide on jerseys? Like, what companies had the license from what year to another. As well as what jersey sizes were produced?

Besides Rawling and Sandknit. It was Champion, then Nike/Puma/Starter, and then Nike again, followed by Reebok and Adidas?
Champion was from 9x-97 or so? Can anyone fill in the blanks?
As well, Champion produced size 36, 40, 44, 48, and 52?
Nike white tag were in the same sizes?
Puma/Starter size ??
Nike 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, and 60?
Reebok Same as Nike, without the 36 maybe?
Adidas ??

Can anyone confirm as well the off sizes, such as 46 and 50 and what not? Are the legit or is it only pro cut?
Also, the fit of the jerseys? I know that Reebok size 44 fit like 48, and 52 fit like 56, and so on. How consistent are the others?

I believe Champion did jerseys starting from the 1990-91 season, then starting in the 97-98 season there were all those different companies making jerseys at the same time. However, Champion jerseys were made in the early 2000s (there's lots of Iverson, TMac and Clippers Champion jerseys floating around, none of which are made in the U.S.A. like the authentics from the 90s). Champion authentics went from sz 40-48 in the 90s, and up to either sz 56 or 60 in the 2000s, of course pro cuts and team issued jerseys were in all sizes. Nikes were made in sz 36-60, very few sz 36 jerseys were ever made though. Same goes for Adidas. I don't recall seeing a sz 36 for Reebok, but its definitely possible they made them.

I don't know about much about Puma/Starter sizing, I know Starter made size 46 though. Anytime you see a size 50 its either a pro cut/game issued jersey or its fake. Either way there should be different tagging for NIke/Adidas/Reebok jerseys that are non-traditional sizes. Champion jerseys fit smaller than the others, but there's variation between teams, some size 48's fit like 44's for instance. Nike, Reebok and Adidas have pretty consistent sizing.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if fake alonzo mourning miami heat champion authentics with double tags were made? id take a photo but i haven't got my camera here

I know what you're talking about.. they made them and they're legit. I've seen a few of them. I don't have a Mourning, but I have a Tim Hardaway with the dual tagging (sorry the date is in the way)....

he was asking if they made fakes...

I know what you're talking about.. they made dual tags and they're legit. I've seen a few of them. I don't have a Mourning, but I have a Tim Hardaway with the dual tagging (sorry the date is in the way)....
he was asking if they made fakes...
i reworded my post if it wasnt clear, they're legit, never seen a fake Heat Champion jersey
Im so happy you put this picture up, my camera battery is dead so i cant take any photos but my zo is double tagged with a 94-95 tag (zo started playing with the heat 95-96) and a 44 and we all know zo didnt wear no 44. if you look at the nba logo on the left you can see that it is slighty crooked and its not the way the jersey is sitting but it is actually crooked just like mine. other then those two issues it is a flawless jersey, the back is perfect and the front looks so damn crispy. ill put photos up in a couple of hours showing what im talking about but im so happy its not just my jersey. thanks zyzz and eyanks 

Last edited:
Whats the deal with some Champion Authentics with the white border around the logoman?

Has that ever been legit?

I've seen it on Pacers and Bucks...

I know what you're talking about.. they made dual tags and they're legit. I've seen a few of them. I don't have a Mourning, but I have a Tim Hardaway with the dual tagging (sorry the date is in the way)....
I think he was referring to retail Heat Champion? 

It would be better if he could upload some photos though.
They never made the purple Suns for regular retail, only the pro-cuts. Don't recall ever seeing a red Rodman jersey either.
Thanks a lot!

Stupid that they didn't make those. Since purple is Suns' primary color as well as red of Bulls. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
manufacturing error. they put a replica nba logo on those.
There's also U-neck instead of V-neck on Pacers.

And different font (with 2 layers twill instead of 3) on Bucks.

I think these are all differences.

I think he was referring to retail Heat Champion? 
It would be better if he could upload some photos though.

Thanks a lot!
Stupid that they didn't make those. Since purple is Suns' primary color as well as red of Bulls. :smh:

that heat jersey is a retail jersey. for some reason champion put two tags

that heat jersey is a retail jersey. for some reason champion put two tags
Isn't that 2nd tag used only for pro-cut/issued jerseys?

I know for the same case with Iverson red rookie jerseys. There were a ton of those (there are still some) popping up on ebay.

And someone told those are customized actually. Numbers placed too high comparing to retails. And standard logoman instead of 50th anniversary gold one.

Last edited:
Isn't that 2nd tag used only for pro-cut/issued jerseys?
I know for the same case with Iverson red rookie jerseys. There were a ton of those (there are still some) popping up on ebay.
And someone told those are customized actually. Numbers placed too high comparing to retails. And standard logoman instead of 50th anniversary gold one.

it is supposed to be a tag for the team issued/pro-cuts, for some unknown reason they put them on those jerseys. i rarely see an iverson of that style that is accurate, so i don't know what the deal is with that.

This is for the licences, year by year.
Not sure if there's any guide with all jersey sizes produced, of each brand. Especially of the fit of the jerseys (size comparation between brands).
If someone finds one, it would be nice to share.

I believe Champion did jerseys starting from the 1990-91 season, then starting in the 97-98 season there were all those different companies making jerseys at the same time. However, Champion jerseys were made in the early 2000s (there's lots of Iverson, TMac and Clippers Champion jerseys floating around, none of which are made in the U.S.A. like the authentics from the 90s). Champion authentics went from sz 40-48 in the 90s, and up to either sz 56 or 60 in the 2000s, of course pro cuts and team issued jerseys were in all sizes. Nikes were made in sz 36-60, very few sz 36 jerseys were ever made though. Same goes for Adidas. I don't recall seeing a sz 36 for Reebok, but its definitely possible they made them.

I don't know about much about Puma/Starter sizing, I know Starter made size 46 though. Anytime you see a size 50 its either a pro cut/game issued jersey or its fake. Either way there should be different tagging for NIke/Adidas/Reebok jerseys that are non-traditional sizes. Champion jerseys fit smaller than the others, but there's variation between teams, some size 48's fit like 44's for instance. Nike, Reebok and Adidas have pretty consistent sizing.

Wow, that chart is awesome. Now if only there was a chart for sizing made. Anyone here willing to take the task? :lol:
Maybe we can get everyone to post measurements of their jerseys.
If someone was curious to what a size 40 champion fits like, and someone has a size 36 Nike. Compile a series of measurements to know your size across different brands (even though some jerseys fit different depending on team).

Last edited:
Wow, that chart is awesome. Now if only there was a chart for sizing made. Anyone here willing to take the task?
laugh.gif

Maybe we can get everyone to post measurements of their jerseys.
If someone was curious to what a size 40 champion fits like, and someone has a size 36 Nike. Compile a series of measurements to know your size across different brands (even though some jerseys fit different depending on team).
You almost have to go year by year because for example Nike's white tag mesh jersey from 97-98 fit looser than the Nike-FIT 98-99 jerseys. Nike's 00-02 Dri-FIT jerseys are much shorter than the later 02-04 Dri-FITs when they swtitched the jocktag image of the logoman with "Authentics" written vertically. Then there's the Jordan 8403 collection. The blank Bulls jerseys a lot of people got customized through the nbastore are pretty long in length compared to all previous Nike jerseys.

I think a photographic evolution of jocktags for every season starting in the 90s would be awesome. 

Last edited:

This is for the licences, year by year.

Not sure if there's any guide with all jersey sizes produced, of each brand. Especially of the fit of the jerseys (size comparation between brands).

If someone finds one, it would be nice to share.
dope

Finally got time to take some photos, so its gotta be a retail heat jersey that someone decided to put a pro cut jock tag onto because the jersey is a 44 and the tag says 94-95 and zo didnt join the heat until the next season and did not wear a 44. The other thing that throws me off is the position of the nba logo and how crooked it is, but its not too much of a worry because the hardaway looks to be the exact same.

These are my other two pickups: Joe smith game worn rookie jersey

And Larry Bird Authentic Sand knit from i think 85-86 or 86-87

the mourning is a retail authentic, they sold em like that for some reaosn. no idea why.

i had one as well in the past.

Does anyone know who made the Sonic's authentic jerseys for KD's rookie season?

You almost have to go year by year because for example Nike's white tag mesh jersey from 97-98 fit looser than the Nike-FIT 98-99 jerseys. Nike's 00-02 Dri-FIT jerseys are much shorter than the later 02-04 Dri-FITs when they swtitched the jocktag image of the logoman with "Authentics" written vertically. Then there's the Jordan 8403 collection. The blank Bulls jerseys a lot of people got customized through the nbastore are pretty long in length compared to all previous Nike jerseys.

I think a photographic evolution of jocktags for every season starting in the 90s would be awesome. 
That would be really impressive.

I'll start with few examples but just to get confirmation from you. :D Just want to be sure about these.

This is obviously white tag from 97-98, right?

This is 00-02 Dri-FIT, right? "Authentics" across logoman.

This should be 02-04 Dri-FIT? "Authentics" written vertically. 

Could you just clear up what do you mean by "Nike-FIT 98-99"? It would be great if you could upload one pic.

Also, which of these styles was used in 99-00 season? Was it still the mesh? There's a "gap" in that year in this what you wrote. 
smile.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom