Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

I'm with you on that and that's how they should be labeled.

All I know is pro cut is the green light for mesh numbers. The term is thrown around like crazy so it's lost some meaning
Pro cut does mean the size he actually wears on court. These 2011 rev 30 boxed jerseys are pro-cuts, but as mentioned before, Kobe was constantly changing his size so he may not have worn 3XL + 4 that year.

Sorry you didn't get the jersey....silver lining is that a reseller missed out on a payday 
nthat.gif

Procut still does mean "professionally cut to the player's exact size and specifications" as seen on the box here:

Anyone saying a procut is something else doesn't know what he's talking about. Adidas/M&N/etc will never sell a jersey as "pro-cut" unless it's in the player's size.

Last edited:

Pro cut does mean the size he actually wears on court. These 2011 rev 30 boxed jerseys are pro-cuts, but as mentioned before, Kobe was constantly changing his size so he may not have worn 3XL + 4 that year.

Sorry you didn't get the jersey....silver lining is that a reseller missed out on a payday 
nthat.gif

Procut still does mean "professionally cut to the player's exact size and specifications" as seen on the box here:

Anyone saying a procut is something else doesn't know what he's talking about. Adidas/M&N/etc will never sell a jersey as "pro-cut" unless it's in the player's size.
Not sure how people got it twisted so bad but I appreciate the knowledge drop. I never thought otherwise I guess I just became part of the problem and said pro cut like every other dude, lol

Sucks to have that Mamba taken away from me but everything happens for a reason

people list mesh rev 30 as precuts since most are twill

but then again you have idiots who actually think its a pro cut or its special when its just a regular authentic

this only applies to da rev30 era.

procuts used to be da players size until Adidas made everything +2 length and consolidated da sizes in letters instead of #.

If you want it true to the era, you can do #85 baron davis, jr smith, or tyson chandler. Also bibby but he barely played.

Or stoudamire

this only applies to da rev30 era.

procuts used to be da players size until Adidas made everything +2 length and consolidated da sizes in letters instead of #.
Not necessarily, but it's a bit tricky.  "Pro-cut" has been so broadly used, both by collectors and stores/distributors.  Many of the retailed pro-cuts in the early 2000s weren't even the exact player sizes.   To Me, Adidas really blurred the lines with the Rev30 line.  A lot of players DO wear the _____+2 length.  I've seen Kyrie jerseys that were XL+2.  Does that mean any Adidas Rev30 with real mesh numbers and XL+2 qualify as "pro-cut'?  Granted, that might mean collectors now expect additional tagging or labeling to meet the "pro-cut" definition.  Again, it's tricky.   

In short "Pro-cut" has taken on a lot of definitions over the years, and continues to do so.

BTW Make the Knicks blank a LIN!  To me, that'll be the most notable jersey for that exact make and model.  

Last edited:
precuts don't exist anymore IMO

atleast with rev 30. blanks are the same exact as what the players, wear.

get a mesh authentic and compare it to a game worn jersey, it will be the same exact thing..

pro cuts are supposed to be the players size, but often are not. Then again, players change sizes so their size isn't set in stone. Before rev 30 the gamers were made in the usa and the pro cuts/authentics elsewhere. Now for it to be a "pro cut" it should be in the players actual size, or pretty close to what they normally wear, with the mesh lettering and/or additional tagging.

precuts don't exist anymore IMO

atleast with rev 30. blanks are the same exact as what the players, wear.

get a mesh authentic and compare it to a game worn jersey, it will be the same exact thing..
Yessir  That's what I mean.  Just wish Adidas gave us real mesh numbers like the players 
mean.gif

I always thought that's what made a pro cut a pro cut. It's the player's size, no?

Nice as always, @eyanks
. That's one of the only MJs I would still consider that I don't have. Picked up a pair of issued shorts a little while back to wear with the Cherry 13s thinking they were "Jordan era" but they were dri fit. I had it backwards in my head for some reason, getting old I guess. lol

thanks @sixburgh. just wish it fit better, thing is literally a dress down to my knees. Too bad they royally messed up the name on the regular retail version. The Nike Fit stuff is confusing, they must not have had enough stock left over from the previous year to do the subsequent releases properly

only way you will have a "pro cut" or player jersey is if it had the serial tag... and its registered otherwise miss me with that "pro cut" crap

even 5-10 years ago, they had retail precuts which of course were impossible to find unless you had a plug and they were made in a slightly smaller size than the player actually wore. Remember the notorious Lebron pro cuts that used to run rampant on eBay, I think they were size 50? and Lebron wore 52? forgot exact sizing.

Chris paul procuts in smaller sizes, etc, etc

I love seeing vintage jerseys with the tags still attached...
EDIT: I love seeing vintage jerseys with the tags still attached because while the tags themselves hold no value to me they are usually an indication that the jersey is either unworn or could pass as such.

Probably good on the '96 Olympic team now...well, maybe a Barkley...or another pro cut. :lol:

Btw, I just realized Shawn Kemp got snubbed but Glenn Robinson was on that team. That wasn't right.

Kemp wasnt snubbed. The year before team with larry johnson, kemp, alonzo mourning was just so disrespectful with the game play (ex:dunking and grabbing their nuts) that they started over.

Yeah.  The "pro-cut" hobby has been really whack for all those reasons.  Only upside of the retail pro-cuts in the past (pre-Rev 30) were the kiss-cut numbers and other small details that were not on the retail authentics.

But Anywho, that's why I mostly stick to Baseball.  USA made and to the same specs as players lol

pro cuts are considered different from game/team issued. Really stupid how they're separate though, since if you're going through the trouble of making a size similar to what a player wore why not just do it exactly.

Last edited:
of course they're considered different, in the past.'

how do you differentiate them now? (rev 30)

sizing, mesh lettering, patches sewn on, serial tags/team specific identifiers. The body of the jersey is the same.

Yeah.  That's my point.  There was inherent value in have a jersey to player size, since in the past retail authentics all had a standard cut/measurements.  But with the Kyrie example, If I get a black alternate with real mesh numbers and size XL+2, is it a pro-cut or just retail authentic?  I'm asking rhetorically, but then we now get into collectors needing the extra jocktags and stuff.  The definition of pro-cut seems to always be shifting here and there.  For the serious collectors, there seems to be a general understanding of what can constitute or not.  But it DOES make the jersey hobby, as a whole, a bit more complex.  Guys paying $600 for what basically is a retail authentic Kobe jersey.

sizing, mesh lettering, patches sewn on, serial tags/team specific identifiers. The body of the jersey is the same.

yea, I just said the only way a rev 30 is different from an authentic is if it has legitimate serial tags.

otherwise if it doesnt have any serial tags, its nothing more than an authentic.

Yeah.  That's my point.  There was inherent value in have a jersey to player size, since in the past retail authentics all had a standard cut/measurements.  But with the Kyrie example, If I get a black alternate with real mesh numbers and size XL+2, is it a pro-cut or just retail authentic?  I'm asking rhetorically, but then we now get into collectors needing the extra jocktags and stuff.  The definition of pro-cut seems to always be shifting here and there.  For the serious collectors, there seems to be a general understanding of what can constitute or not.  But it DOES make the jersey hobby, as a whole, a bit more complex.  Guys paying $600 for what basically is a retail authentic Kobe jersey.

It's similar to baseball now. They're all the same jersey except when the teams put additional tagging and patches on them. Other than that the only differences would be those in between sizes (46, 50, etc) and the code on the inside tag. I'm glad they're using the same exact material (except mesh usually) on the ones that are retailed.

yea, I just said the only way a rev 30 is different from an authentic is if it has legitimate serial tags.

otherwise if it doesnt have any serial tags, its nothing more than an authentic.

i know the bucks for one don't always use the serial tags. don't know if anyone else does that though.

Back
Top Bottom