OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

I’m disappointed in this “nextgen” version. I bought the Kobe edition to go along with my PS5 , and honestly the game feels the same as last gen. They cleaned up a few issues but overall the game “feels” the same. Shooting is smoother, but legacy issues like the help defense is still an issue. It’s time for another company to produce a NBA game. This definitely might be the last 2k I purchase.

No desire to cop. First time since 2k9....that I missed a release.

No desire to cop. First time since 2k9....that I missed a release.
🤦🏽‍♂️ After i installed, and played a few quick play games, I was literally sitting on the couch thinking “this is legit the same game I’ve always played” 😂 this may be my only 2k purchase this gen unless something drastic changes.

I’ve been playing more of the Assassins Creed type of games lately (when I have time) and honestly they’ve been more enjoyable than any sport game for me for a few years now

🤦🏽‍♂️ After i installed, and played a few quick play games, I was literally sitting on the couch thinking “this is legit the same game I’ve always played” 😂 this may be my only 2k purchase this gen unless something drastic changes.

I’ve been playing more of the Assassins Creed type of games lately (when I have time) and honestly they’ve been more enjoyable than any sport game for me for a few years now

Steph posting up Tristan Thompson...12 feet From the basket on a switch...and scoring (1:09 mark)

Nastyu

Has anyone had a PS5 controller problems yet? My square button is triggering the touchpad, so when I attempt to shoot, at times it calls a timeout.

1605395071932.jpeg

I’m disappointed in this “nextgen” version. I bought the Kobe edition to go along with my PS5 , and honestly the game feels the same as last gen. They cleaned up a few issues but overall the game “feels” the same. Shooting is smoother, but legacy issues like the help defense is still an issue. It’s time for another company to produce a NBA game. This definitely might be the last 2k I purchase.
im_shocked.gif

"Definitely might be?" - What does that mean TOne? :lol:

danger style danger style

This review was just SAD man.

NBA Elite 11, NBA Jam Impressions from New York - Operation Sports

Elite 11 was ahead of the curve with the control stick though. They just made it too complicated for its time

I’m keep it buck with all.
I haven’t copped 2k since possibly 2k12

nba live graphics are *** compared to 2k. But the game play feels better to me.

I still wouldn’t cop any of these yearly sports game (fifa 2k madden) cause it’s always the same ****. But it’s worth switching it up.
I enjoyed the my player version of nba live more than 2k.
I’m sure I’m the minority tho.

Twitter and YouTube killed 2K basketball - Operation Sports Forums

Realistic basketball is dead with 2K. That is all.

This game used to have a little bit of respect. Visual Concepts and 2K used to have a little bit of respect and integrity. I have zero respect for either anymore. We've been sold out. Every year it's the same bs with this game. It's become predictable. Take our money, then have open ears to the 12 yr olds on Twitter or YouTube crying about shooting, and then give them their pacifier so 2K doesn't get "bad PR".

The shooting hotfix killed this game.

Don't tell me this game is anywhere near realistic when I just literally witnessed about 30 contested/hand in face shots go in Rec. It's a joke at that point. Give someone a money jumpshot, wait a few weeks for their OP badges, and it's over. This is why NBA 2K League is a joke too. Same meta of bs basketball. None of these clowns even ball irl or even know real strategy. They're 2K heads not basketball heads.

When absolute bums can green shots no matter the defense, it's over. This game has had that problem for 4 years. Your community is twitter, period. If you are a sim player who has once ounce of understanding of real basketball, 2K couldn't care less about you. This forum is the last of Sim ball but it's on deaf ears. 2K literally is EA Live when they got cocky. Now I see why Scott O'Gallagher went back. He sees where this is headed. Hopefully the new NBA Live becomes the old 2K.

I can't believe people wager money over this trash.

If I'm ever getting a new iteration of NBA 2K in the near future, it'll be on PC..............I'm not impressed with "next gen console" NBA 2K, and even PC versions of some older NBA 2K games have some decent graphical mods to maintain itself for "future years" as more 2K games are released.

And I agree with some of the guys in that Operation Sports thread DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican posted up, I hope the next NBA Live finally steps up and gives NBA 2K a nice hard jab to remind them what an actual simulation basketball games feels like.........not some watered-down **** to cater to the BARBIE BOYZ OF 2K

Did anyone on PS5 not get the update yesterday? It says one is available but my only option is to go to the download list. No prompts or anything to start it.

My 2k updated on ps5 but now I no longer receive progression in my player. Started happening after my 2nd college game smh. Is there a fix for this?

And I agree with some of the guys in that Operation Sports thread DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican posted up, I hope the next NBA Live finally steps up and gives NBA 2K a nice hard jab to remind them what an actual simulation basketball games feels like.........not some watered-down **** to cater to the BARBIE BOYZ OF 2K

If the people at EA/Live were smart....they’d put a lot of their resources into making the game as sim/realistic as possible. They finally got an “opening” now, now that 2K has truly shown a blind spot and neglected a part of the game, that live can pick up a share in.

If the people at EA/Live were smart....they’d put a lot of their resources into making the game as sim/realistic as possible. They finally got an “opening” now, now that 2K has truly shown a blind spot and neglected a part of the game, that live can pick up a share in.

They're doing the same with Madden that 2K is doing so I wouldn't expect much.

Back
Top Bottom