OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

Game plays a loooot like live.
Graphically facial features are an upgrade but other than that nothing really stands out crazy.

I almost wanna cancel my preorder man.

This game looks EXACTLY like the PS4 version.

Honestly not even sure what I was expecting... but i was expecting more than that.
The FIRST game on the NEXT Gen is always just a brush-up. Been telling yall to be ware for months man.

I get the desire to rush out and get the new system but taper those expectations.

Are all the custom shoe colorways still black & white jpgs in the roster editor?

"Not a Port."

I am copying and pasting a Ticket I sent to them based on the video I posted below.

Next Gen NBA 2K

I am still seeing a legacy issue from PS4/XBOX1 where Big men with low Ball Handling ratings are bringing the ball up-court after makes OR misses. This disrupts the level of immersion the user has with the game since it is very unrealistic.

Example can be found here @ the 1:56 Mark. (Shaq)

dead at shaq bringing the ball up like that

good catch

i finally get my series x today. i already paid for this next gen edition 2k when 2k originally came out (bought the wrong 2k at the time but it worked out in the end since i have a series X)

from watching twitch/youtube guys stream the park seemed VERY LAGGY like really bad latency

Not true at all.

It is VERY true.

The "Next Gen" version of that game wasn't much of an upgrade vs. the Current Gen.

You can't post a sizzle trailer as proof. Sizzle trailers are exactly that. It can make ANYTHING look good.

Rule of thumb is to skip the first game and you will save yourself the heartache.

It is VERY true.

The "Next Gen" version of that game wasn't much of an upgrade vs. the Current Gen.

You can't post a sizzle trailer as proof. Sizzle trailers are exactly that. It can make ANYTHING look good.

Rule of thumb is to skip the first game and you will save yourself the heartache.

It's a huge visual UPGRADE regardless of it being a sizzle trailer or not gameplay is even more telling.

2K14 VISUALLY on PS4 was a HUGE UPGRADE compared to it's PS3 counterpart

I'm not discussing gameplay just purely VISUALS

You can legit make an argument that 2K14 was the BEST looking 2K all of last gen :lol:

Your wrong.

One of my post from that thread :lol:

They said it wasnt a port but that felt like one watching it :lol:

I aint eem mad at that though tbh

it looked good but didnt feel as revolutionary as I think some people were hoping for with those hype trailers

There was a much bigger jump aestheically from last gen though overall

I'm not discussing gameplay just purely VISUALS

You can legit make an argument that 2K14 was the BEST looking 2K all of last gen :lol:

Ok, I was discussing the whole game.

Well, in that case I disagree with PS5 not being a visual upgrade over the Ps4.

TO me, that is the only thing that stands out, which is usually the case when the upgrade happens.

They said it wasnt a port but that felt like one watching it :lol:

I aint eem mad at that though tbh

it looked good but didnt feel as revolutionary as I think some people were hoping for with those hype trailers

:rofl: @ "Not a port" being a thing back then too.

Funny.

Ok, I was discussing the whole game.

Well, in that case I disagree with PS5 not being a visual upgrade over the Ps4.

TO me, that is the only thing that stands out, which is usually the case when the upgrade happens.
For how powerful these new systems are we shouldn't be seeing legacy animations and washed out lighting/poor atmosphere.

I'm not sure this new game looks better than 2K14

I’m disappointed in this “nextgen” version. I bought the Kobe edition to go along with my PS5 , and honestly the game feels the same as last gen. They cleaned up a few issues but overall the game “feels” the same. Shooting is smoother, but legacy issues like the help defense is still an issue. It’s time for another company to produce a NBA game. This definitely might be the last 2k I purchase.

If they hadn't had a Kobe edition I would've passed this year.
They'll be times when I receive no badge points, the wall to get to the city from "Rookieville" is dumb, I never play in those since all dudes do is shoot and run around.

I could get over the mechanics, but the fact that I'll ball out and receive no badge points is annoying

Back
Top Bottom