Official BBQ thread

God it's been too long since I've had some good BBQ. Like BBQ so good you need a 2 hour nap after you eat it.

Fellas, I am in the market for a kamado style grill and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the Kamado Joe grill? I am trying to choose between the Kamado Big Joe and a BGE and I trust my NT family more than most people when I make big purchases.

Fellas, I am in the market for a kamado style grill and I wanted to know if anyone has any experience with the Kamado Joe grill? I am trying to choose between the Kamado Big Joe and a BGE and I trust my NT family more than most people when I make big purchases.

Kamado joe has a lot of accessories that come with it, bge's dont come with anything.

I have an egg and i love it. 6 yrs later and all my parts on it are still original.

Last edited:
That's a nice surprise! ^

Anyone have experience with the Chargriller Akorn Kamodo grills?

Entertaining getting one...

My wife surprised me with an xl bge on christmas. Did some rib on it a few days later for its maiden voyage.

View media item 2283885
View media item 2283886[/quote

Big body!! You must get down if she went all out for you!!
We like to spoil each other :lol: :smokin

How much are those things?

Depends on the size. I saw a large floor model priced to move for 800$ the other day, and that inlcuded the nest, side tables, handler, and plate setter. I think thats an absolute steal, that setup would normally probably run about 1300-1400. Xl delivered was probably about 1450, and thats just egg, nest, side tables.

2 hours in to my first butt on my weber jumbo joe..
nthat.gif

any tips?

Some idiots on this APP would call your food burnt
:lol: thats not burnt

Some wings may look it, but thats just because i dusted some of them with dizzy dust pre smoke, then tossed in bbq sauce after the egg, then put them on my weber to caramalize that sauce. :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom