Official BBQ thread

Tax'n
wow.png

One doesn't cook a hamburger the same way as a brisket tho...:lol:

#hockeypucks
:lol: thats not burnt

Some wings may look it, but thats just because i dusted some of them with dizzy dust pre smoke, then tossed in bbq sauce after the egg, then put them on my weber to caramalize that sauce. :lol: :smokin
I know man. O
Again, I was told to make the burgers well done so the school couldn't get sued.

Some folks won't touch anything close to well done and will deem it burnt. I feel there is a difference between the two but there are many people who consider well done a travesty equal to or greater than burnt

Some folks won't touch anything close to well done and will deem it burnt. I feel there is a difference between the two but there are many people who consider well done a travesty equal to or greater than burnt
those people are wrong though. Just because they "feel" well done=burnt, doesnt mean they are right. :lol:

I am waiting for one of them to post the picture, but in short, we had field day at my school and we cooked some frozen beef patties from Costco for the kids. I was told to make sure they were well done because we didn't want any of the kids getting sick. So just waiting on them to post the picture

How the hell is that burnt? Dudes out here eating raw chicken tryna get salmonela?:lol:

That's how BBQ/jerked chicken and pork is supposed to look like. Beef on the other hand there's more leeway.

I ain't eating no undercooked chicken or pork.
That is why I always call it a #CulturalDifferences type of thing. Most of "us" are that way when it comes to chicken. Make sure it is cooked through, nobody is trying to get sick man

We all know the sterotypes when it comes to cooking chicken, so I will just leave it there

Rite.

Im from sec county and been to many a tailgate

Char everywhere from all

DC's pics :pimp:

Had Oklahoma Joe's last week in KC and Mac's Speedshop in Charlotte a couple weeks ago.

I am waiting for one of them to post the picture, but in short, we had field day at my school and we cooked some frozen beef patties from Costco for the kids. I was told to make sure they were well done because we didn't want any of the kids getting sick. So just waiting on them to post the picture

To be fair ground beef does need to be cooked well done - its the surface area that causes problems. There's so many places for bacteria to not be killed by the temperature when it's ground.

It's different if you grind your own meat and fashion it into burgers - but cooking any sort of premade burger it has to be cooked all the way through to be safe.

Dudes on here have called this BURNT

I call it crispy

So yes, it depends on who you are talking to

charred is the word you are looking for. 

not burnt at all...burnt is when the meat is literally cooked flavorless

and white people down south can cook their *** off

Last edited:
I like my chicken with less char than that but that's not bad I'd definitely eat it lol. When I smoke chicken I do it hot and fast I don't use brine just a rub and sauce at the end if I want any. Turns out juicy but even still sometimes I get a soggier skin than I'd like. It's a art to smoke and get crispy skin lol

What temp do you guys do turkeys at on the smoker? Never done one. Wanna do a test run before I bring one to thanksgiving lol.
​I did a 24 lb. bird between 325-350 for six hours on the smoker.  Turned out gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom