Official Bitcoin Thread

With LTC's lightning network and cheaper transaction fees than BTC it's a clear win. Silver is way more stable than gold. LTC is segwit ready. LTC is my hedge I'm relying on ANS down the long run to do extremely well. I believe it is completely undervalued right now. I will just trade ETH.

starting to diversify now and need a good app to keep track of how im doing.

blockfolio still the way to go?

know there was mixed thoughts about them big brothering users.

my friend keeps telling me to get my BTC out of exchanges by the end of the month.

can anyone expound on this.

been thinking about just putting them into some Alt Coins instead of transferring hem into a wallet.

my friend keeps telling me to get my BTC out of exchanges by the end of the month.

been thinking about just putting them into some Alt Coins instead of transferring hem into a wallet.

Exchanges are prone to attacks, we've seen it before with poloniex and it can happen again with others. Even if you transfer them to alts it'll still be on on the exchange you decide to trade with. Wallets are the safest place to keep your coins.

Transfer to LTC or take it out to a wallet. Bitcoin is not segwit ready. Litecoin is

Im no expert this is my interpretation

So when your coins are on an exchange or even coinbase you dont own the private keys to your coins. So essentially if anything happens like mt.gox. you could be screwed

So if btc forks their is a chance you may not recv coins on either end of the fork. Expect millions of people on these exchanges on around that day trying to move funds around even possible attacks or just a full blown mayhem.

Like you mentioned you could shift out of btc now and hedge your bets on another coin.

Last edited:
do you think they will be affected by August 1st as well as other alt coins?
I believe everything is relative to BTC. Although I bet the price of LTC will rise last week of July as there is a supposed MIT project for LTC releasing on Aug 1. Again this MIT project is pure speculation. I do see LTC as a hedge against BTC tho.

market getting smashed right now.  gonna be a long weekend for you hodlers. short baby short

Has anyone else been robbed by Coinbase? I deposited 4k it got put in my gdax account then the bank rejected it for some reason. Then the 4k was taken again and cleared but when I attempted to transfer 90ltc off of gdax on to my wallet it rejected the transfer but took the coins from my account. I've sent a bunch of complaints and have gotten 0 response. I'm hoping someone here knows how to contact those ********

Has anyone else been robbed by Coinbase? I deposited 4k it got put in my gdax account then the bank rejected it for some reason. Then the 4k was taken again and cleared but when I attempted to transfer 90ltc off of gdax on to my wallet it rejected the transfer but took the coins from my account. I've sent a bunch of complaints and have gotten 0 response. I'm hoping someone here knows how to contact those ********
Coinbase is legit, so im sure you will get it situated.

What kind of wallet did you attempt to send the LTC to?

I've been using loafwallet for my ltc it works great and was created by Charlie lee and links w your coinbase

Enlighten us on how you are preparing for Aug 1st. Thanks!
i moved some stash to bitcoin, not sure why....but i have a feeling that there will be a positive impact in the near term..not sure how it'll pan out long tho.

Also, every paycheck I just set aside $200 to play with crypto and adding here and there to my port.  I'm always thinking long term w/my holdings so its pretty cheap right now to stack.

Back
Top Bottom