Official Bitcoin Thread

Joined Jan 27, 2004
Staked TIME is Memo. So if u staked all your TIME it will show 0 TIME and show as Memo. When you unstake the Memo will go back to your TIME balance.

btw to anyone into Defikingdoms, is it a better strategy to enter a LP or stake JEWEL at the Bank??

Joined May 17, 2007
btw to anyone into Defikingdoms, is it a better strategy to enter a LP or stake JEWEL at the Bank??
I got half in the LP and half in the bank.
LP gives better returns but you don’t have to worry about IL if you’re going through the bank.

Joined Jul 13, 2005
College roomate got into BTC in that $10 range Back in 2011. He tried to get me on but I was broker than broke And rather use my refund on alcohol and McDonald’s. Pretty sure he got hacked though some time after used that one exchange that was wiped clean.

Joined Sep 21, 2004
man wrapping my memo and borrowing against it is enticing, but i am not knowledgable enough to do it yet. i dont fully understand how to manage my risk

Joined May 17, 2007
man wrapping my memo and borrowing against it is enticing, but i am not knowledgable enough to do it yet. i dont fully understand how to manage my risk
Experience is the best teacher my man. Not telling you to risk anything but I’ve learned so much just playing around in crypto with small dollar amounts. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, but at least you always become smarter and more prepared for the next play.

Joined Sep 21, 2004
Experience is the best teacher my man. Not telling you to risk anything but I’ve learned so much just playing around in crypto with small dollar amounts. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win, but at least you always become smarter and more prepared for the next play.
I have found this to be true as well, but I have never played with borrowed money anywhere really. As of now the MIM option for wMEMO is sold out so I will have to try and get some once it replenishes, but it seems as if they go quicker than quick. Im going to look into other similar strategies else where for the time being.

Joined Aug 5, 2017
College roomate got into BTC in that $10 range Back in 2011. He tried to get me on but I was broker than broke And rather use my refund on alcohol and McDonald’s. Pretty sure he got hacked though some time after used that one exchange that was wiped clean.
man i was in highschool and my gamer buddy who was a year held back was telling me to cop bitcon

he used it to buy drugs and did alotta drugs too so i was hesitant to follow his advice :lol:

anyways we here now and we can control what we do today only

Joined May 25, 2004
Im not willing to risk liquidation to possibly gain a little more. This bag could be life changing and I'm content with that :lol:
you planning on letting it ride or take profits along the way?

I’m thinking I’ll wait until 180 days and start taking profits and leave the principal.

that’s as long as nothing goes awry.

I only staked 500 so I’m not attached to it.

Joined Mar 14, 2011
Feel like i would have lost my recovery phrase or password if i had bought that early, or sold as soon as i seen it get to 1k lol

Joined Aug 5, 2007
if i had bought bitcoin at $1, i would have sold when it dropped to .65 then bought back in when it pumped to $2, then dumped when it fell to .75 and quit crypto. years later, i would have tried again and threw in my life savings when i heard about bitconnect.
AntiqueRemoteFlounder-max-1mb.gif

trying to swing my aROME bag when i'm busy at work is the dumbest idea ever. didn't do it yesterday but i finally sold on a small pump this morning (missed a bigger one when i was busy on a long call) and now i'm waiting like a dummy for it to dump enough to make a buying back in worth it. first time in my life that green candles are pissing me off. doubt i'll be doing much more of this unless i quit my job lol.

Last edited:
Joined Jul 29, 2012
For y’all not leveraging your memo, there are other options to put your memo to work with no chance of liquidations.. auto compounders/optimizers. Auto compounders work by staking your memo and harvesting your rewards frequently and re-auto staking for you (you can do this manually, but they provide this service). Penguin finance will release within the month an optimizer, this optimizer works by switching between staking and bonding (whichever’s more profitable)

they’ll either take their profits when you deposit (2%~) or as your earning, take their cut. Make sure you are aware of any fees and calculate accordingly

Penguin estimates 10,000-40,000% additional percent for optimization. I use one of grim finances auto compounders on FTM for 0.2%+ daily.

Joined Oct 25, 2006
If you need to use leverage, use 10-15% max
Hey JRS, you taking part in that Cool Pets beta? I missed out on the Cats but hoping to get an egg and play. Don't have a P2E yet but I started interacting with some Cats via NFT Athletic Club, so I'd rather try and support their project.

Joined May 9, 2004
For y’all not leveraging your memo, there are other options to put your memo to work with no chance of liquidations.. auto compounders/optimizers. Auto compounders work by staking your memo and harvesting your rewards frequently and re-auto staking for you (you can do this manually, but they provide this service). Penguin finance will release within the month an optimizer, this optimizer works by switching between staking and bonding (whichever’s more profitable)

they’ll either take their profits when you deposit (2%~) or as your earning, take their cut. Make sure you are aware of any fees and calculate accordingly

Penguin estimates 10,000-40,000% additional percent for optimization. I use one of grim finances auto compounders on FTM for 0.2%+ daily.
What the ****...

Just when you think you’re upto speed.

This **** never sleeps :lol:

Joined Dec 23, 2009
you planning on letting it ride or take profits along the way?

I’m thinking I’ll wait until 180 days and start taking profits and leave the principal.

that’s as long as nothing goes awry.

I only staked 500 so I’m not attached to it.
Take profits when/if I'm pulling $500 a week until my principle is returned. Then I'll have to recalibrate the plan based on yields, runways, and how the DAO's acting/voting.

Joined Dec 23, 2009

I thought MEMO automatically reinvents the rebases already. Am I mistaken? Or am I misunderstanding your post and what Penguin Finance is setting to do?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now