Official Bitcoin Thread

Been trying to get identity verified on Coinbase for 2 days now, finally locked out for 24 hours. Completely missed out on Litecoin surge. SO sad. lol

When the dip was 50 dollars LTC and sub 300 ETH
feels like november...
bought a pair of Ultraboost at retail yesterday, matched it with $200 LTC, free ultraboost on gainz haha

Been trying to get identity verified on Coinbase for 2 days now, finally locked out for 24 hours. Completely missed out on Litecoin surge. SO sad. lol

It was the same issue for me last week. I kept clicking upload drivers license...I finally just hit upload ID card and it finally worked...try that if you are scanning your Driver's License

Any of you guys kinda "day trade" all three? Seems like if you had a few hours to watch the charts all day you can make some decent money especially with the btc swings. Is there a way to do that without all of the coinbase fees every time?

Coinbase is like a combo between a bank and TD ameritrade, Scottstrade, i.e an exchange. Bottomline It can be hacked. Yes I am taking a risk by leaving my cash there but im not a Whale or Shark in this business. If you want your coins to be safe then you transfer them to a hard wallet (kinda like a hard drive for coins). A few guys on here use the Trezor brand wallet. Im boycotting them until they drop the price
That was the case for me all lat week. Came into work yesterday and it actually was verified... when u get denied don't trip. The servers are backed up... you'll be set in a day or 2

Thanks fam. May end up regretting it. I had ltc at 20 and eth at 140 but between my mortgage and wedding, I really didn’t want to deal w the headache of added cc debt and dipping into savings. Hopefully we get a nice pullback and I can scale back in.
Hey man, the way I see it you flipped your money more times than I have the energy to do the math for. I dread the day I have to honestly make the decision with myself of selling to reap the benefits of all that growth. That's a tough decision, but I think as long as you're thinking of whats best long term, you made the right decision.

0 CC debt gotta feel amazing. I've been clawing my way there for a couple years now.:lol:

Any of you guys kinda "day trade" all three? Seems like if you had a few hours to watch the charts all day you can make some decent money especially with the btc swings. Is there a way to do that without all of the coinbase fees every time?
Day trading isn’t easy. Highly don’t recommend it if you aren’t experienced. Blew up my stock market account that way a couple of years ago. People underestimate the psychological aspect that comes into play.

Hey man, the way I see it you flipped your money more times than I have the energy to do the math for. I dread the day I have to honestly make the decision with myself of selling to reap the benefits of all that growth. That's a tough decision, but I think as long as you're thinking of whats best long term, you made the right decision.

0 CC debt gotta feel amazing. I've been clawing my way there for a couple years now.:lol:
I was gonna do a balance transfer but the stress of having that over my head isn’t worth it. Now I can use that interest free cc to get a new laptop for my fiancé who desperately needs it for work.

Wait you don't have to report your gains on your taxes unless you take out the money no?

So all those people who have stocks that sit on them for years they have to pay taxes on the gains every year or just when they take the money out?

I believe you only pay taxes on gains when you make a lump sum withdrawal, but I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Bought in at $188. Wish I had bought more, like everyone else does.

Obviously it's ideal to "wait for a dip" but is it nuts to buy more in the current range of 350-375? Not really.......right?

4cympys1gh301.gif

all aboarddddd

i just wanna give a shoutout to Bert. Bert. for putting me on crypto. i remember he was mentioning ETH in the yeezy thread like during april or may. after doing some research i dabbled into crypto and the rest is history :smokin

Ugh, not looking forward to tax season.

bitcoin.tax

you can upload from coinbase using one of their reporting tools.

you're only taxed on whatever you have SOLD (realized). taxed at property.

so say you bought 1BTC at $1000 and sold in 2017 this year at 20K ( no prediction all hypothetical :wink:
19k is taxed at your tax rate, some of the big gains can take you to different tax brackets. so if you are in the .15 percent tax rate and 19k doesn't take you to another one you'll pay .15 of 19k 3k in taxes.

if you Hodl and sell after a year, i think you are at .15 percent no matter what or -.10 percent from your original rate.

my gains tax are in the hundreds but i've had enough withheld where the difference where i would have had a refund will match the gains and i'll get like 10 dollar return haha

Back
Top Bottom