Official Bitcoin Thread

Facebook is banning all ads promoting cryptocurrencies — including bitcoin and ICOs

Facebook is banning all ads that promote cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, in an effort to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”

That means no advertiser — even those that operate legal, legitimate businesses — will be able to promote things like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings — ICOs for short — or binary options, according to a Facebook blog post.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/30/16...ans-crypto-advertising-bitcoin-james-altucher

Facebook is banning all ads promoting cryptocurrencies — including bitcoin and ICOs

Facebook is banning all ads that promote cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin, in an effort to prevent people from advertising what the company is calling “financial products and services frequently associated with misleading or deceptive promotional practices.”

That means no advertiser — even those that operate legal, legitimate businesses — will be able to promote things like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings — ICOs for short — or binary options, according to a Facebook blog post.

https://www.recode.net/2018/1/30/16...ans-crypto-advertising-bitcoin-james-altucher
Well I disabled my fb so it don't matter to me....just means we get to eat longer before the sheep come flocking

They need to ban this from the web.. not just fb :lol:
pF4T2A6t64BeryDt8y21QCPMRAWRGCC7EPnMzETOz7Y.jpg

I have lost so much money in LTC.

The worst investment ever ....

If I would of have left everything in ETH, I still be dancing with the come up, but all the profits (which was a lot) have vanish with LTC.

Should of have known better.

Exactly.

I'll be laughing my way to the bank this time next year when LTC is sniffing $1k and I'll only be paying short term cap gains
I won’t be rich off ltc when that happens but it’ll be a helluva lot more than I would’ve made in the bank :lol:

I do feel like xrb is stealing a lot of their buzz and could eventually dethrone them if the security question marks get alleviated.

LTC has news coming! Never sell for a loss! I've got no position, but they're as close as it comes to a household name and has actual practical use compared to BTC. My position in Drgn is at a loss of now, but I'll go down with the ship before I sell. Trust the tech, ya'll invested for a reason, just a matter of patience. If Block chain technology was conceived with BTC, it's basically an embryo now. Ven, for example, ain't even launching for a couple months, we basically investing in potential

There are lots of positive developments im seeing honestly:

- facebook banning crypto scam ads
- hopefully tether situation is resolved (although the news was in Dec)
- bitconnect donezo
- youtube scammers called out

**crypto not going anywhere but this flush was badly needed

Last edited:
I have lost so much money in LTC.

The worst investment ever ....

If I would of have left everything in ETH, I still be dancing with the come up, but all the profits (which was a lot) have vanish with LTC.

Should of have known better.

I see your angle in terms of lost opportunity elsewhere during the same time frame of the LTC hold, but at this point you're better off keeping it unless you're certain you'll be trading to a more profitable coin at the moment. Trying to make up for lost time on a stagnant coin can have an adverse effect.

Exactly.

I'll be laughing my way to the bank this time next year when LTC is sniffing $1k and I'll only be paying short term cap gains

Apparently you were an early LTC adopter so $1000 per coin would be pretty significant, but in reality that is only a little over 5X gains at its current price. There are several other legitimate coins that have 5X + gain potential over the course of this year and can be bought in greater quantity at lower entry.

Last edited:
That’s my main gripe with ltc. I can make an ok amount but for what I have tied up who knows I could make five times as much elsewhere. But I’m fine with it since it’s lower risk than some alts.

Was telling one of my buddies to get into VeChain and NEO, but he doesn't believe in Chinese projects ever since he lost money on Chinese companies on the stock market. :rofl:

Funny thing is, he owns a few VEN because he likes the tech. I don't get it.

lots positive developments im seeing honestly:

- facebook banning crypto scam ads
- hopefully tether situation is resoved
- bitconnect toast
- youtube scammers called out

**crypto not going anywhere but this flush was badly needed

Part of the maturing process. Shedding the weaknesses/scams to grow stronger. The next phase will be **** coins dying and the solid projects coming out on top

Was telling one of my buddies to get into VeChain and NEO, but he doesn't believe in Chinese projects ever since he lost money on Chinese companies on the stock market. :rofl:

I was the same way. Main reason I avoided antshares early on. Smh.

Ven is Vechain

Back
Top Bottom