Official Bitcoin Thread

19ad3h.jpg

For the people saying they plan to sell during the next moon, what's your strategy?

How will you know the moon has reached a plateau and is not going to go up even more?

Selling a certain % for a profit? Just try to guess when the moon has been reached?

Last edited:
You’ll never know the moon until it’s too late. Just take off portions of your position at predetermined levels and let the rest run as long as you can. If you want a technical standpoint to refer to, sell when you see lower highs being made and the trend is broken.

Glad everyone is back in good spirit.

$FSN took the number one spot for me. Crazy jump just now.

Attachments

• 4EAF7362-5346-4B3A-9274-735FB0D7519F.gif
    4EAF7362-5346-4B3A-9274-735FB0D7519F.gif
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
For the people saying they plan to sell during the next moon, what's your strategy?

How will you know the moon has reached a plateau and is not going to go up even more?

Selling a certain % for a profit? Just try to guess when the moon has been reached?

Speaking from experience (or a severe lack of...) I think when you first get into crypto you're hoping every token is going to be the next BTC or ETH so greed gets the best of you.

You need to get a realistic idea of what the potential of the token is. Look to the previous all time highs (If the tokens have been around during previous bull runs...) Look at your percentage gain and then make a call.

Some missed profits >>> Initial investment getting bodied and panic selling at a loss.

You’ll never know the moon until it’s too late. Just take off portions of your position at predetermined levels and let the rest run as long as you can. If you want a technical standpoint to refer to, sell when you see lower highs being made and the trend is broken.

So Lower highs and breaking the trendline indicates a bearish market??

For me, it really is just how BADLY do I need/want the money. If i'm good then I'll just let it sit...If for a FAM vacation, no doubt i'm cashing in some. It truly is different for each person. If you are conservative, then I'd stick to a percentage..like when u hit those % of gains (ex 5-10%) skim some off the top and enjoy it. Whether it means you buys something you want/need or just keeping it in FIAT to make you feel "safe". Good luck out there. Onward to a TRILLION!

So Lower highs and breaking the trendline indicates a bearish market??
Broken trend just means volatility and potential issues. You need to look across all timelines though. Short term trend break could just be a reset and resting opportunity on a longer scale. Honestly crypto isn’t great for technical analysis, but it’s still a good indicator for sentiment. If you see broken trends across all timeframes, that’s when you should worry.

Elec with a nice little bull flag forming and some perk. Hope this one runs soon.

Set personal targets for each coin.
Compare their market cap to similar successful projects market cap to see the growth potential.

For example Fusion is a Wanchain competitor. Both are infrastructure projects which generally do well compared to dapps.
Wanchain's mainnet is live but Fusion is about a 6th of Wanchain's market cap with the mainnet coming out in June so in the short to mid term, In my mind I expect Fusion to do a 3-6x.

If that's my target I can take my profits and bounce

In the long term Wanchain can be a top 20, top 10 coin and Fusion with what it's doing has that potential too so I don't mind waiting for coins with high potential so to me with crypto being the future, who knows what the limit is.
You can set incremental targets so you're constantly taking profits and so that you can gauge when it's plateaued but you'll have to keep up with the project developments so you don't get out at the wrong time.

During the last bull run, a lot of coins were overvalued so no harm in taking profits if you think it might dip in future.

This is why I like to get in at the pre-sale or ICO or when a coin has just been recently listed because once a coin's test net or MVP is out and it pumps , it's unusual for it to go back to ICO price or below even in a market crash.
That way hodling is not an issue because you're always in profit so you can wait for the next moon which could be when the mainnet comes out or when a new partnership is struck.

For me, it really is just how BADLY do I need/want the money. If i'm good then I'll just let it sit...If for a FAM vacation, no doubt i'm cashing in some. It truly is different for each person. If you are conservative, then I'd stick to a percentage..like when u hit those % of gains (ex 5-10%) skim some off the top and enjoy it. Whether it means you buys something you want/need or just keeping it in FIAT to make you feel "safe". Good luck out there. Onward to a TRILLION!

did u get that tesla?

Back
Top Bottom