Official Bitcoin Thread

Youre well adversed, you think it will happen?

honestly no. but you never know if there is a flash crash or some entity just flash dumps / fat fingers a sell order....it may just be best to setup a buy around that price zone and pray it gets filled. **BUT, i can dream for that 1k!!

Thats all fine but since i posted its lost $100 in value. It will be worthless by january.
giphy.gif

Any of you guys heard of/use shrimpy? Its that service that Kucoin is using to automate portfolio management, but it also supports Binance, Bittrex, Poloniex, GDAX, and Kraken

https://www.shrimpy.io/

Last edited:
I guess all those people who believed in Amazon were suckers too right?

I mean Amazon DUMPED over 90% (2yr bear market)....wonder what happened?

Screenshot 2018-12-07 at 2.58.58 PM.png

Just a blip in the radar....

Screenshot 2018-12-07 at 3.01.59 PM.png

I think everyone agrees one of these will be Amazon. Picking the right one is the hard part. A crystal ball would be nice for real.

Anyone buying here is intelligent. Just need to size in correctly. You think Buffet has made billions not taking advantage of crashes?

Buffet only invests when the intrisinic value of the business is less than the current stock price, as with cryptos, they have no intrinsic value, just a cheaper method to transfer cash, and that ability is available if bitcoin was 20 cents.

Cryptos are not value producing assets, so by definition, it’s impossible to “invest” in them. You’re just buying something in the hopes that someone else will pay you more for it and that’s a a dangerous game, and also a recipe for disaster.

Just buy a big cap stock with a history of dividend gains like KO (50 years of dividend growth) and just reinvest those dividends and keep it for retirement. By that time, your drip has increased your holdings, and the growth in the dividend will be substantial. Then the dividend payments will become your income when you’re retired. It’s compound interest, take advantage of it.

Warden buffets lifetime average is 20% a year, so if you think you can beat that, you’re not being realistic and taking far too much risk.

Don’t look at investing as how much you can make, but how little you can lose, and in case I’d cryptos, you can lose it all

Amazon was a value producing asset with actual income (it wasnt always having positive earnings because it was reinvesting the earnings into future growth, thus the high PE ratio)

Cryptos produce nothing, they don’t have dividends and you’re buying it in the hopes of someone buying it off you for more than what you paid for.

Your comparission is very off base.

At a certain stock price amazon will have a valuation less than all the leverage free cash they hold, and in that case, you can make an argument that it’s undervalued. But I don’t think anyone can tell me a reasonable answer to how any crypto is “undervalued” to trigger a buying opportunity.

Moving 1mil for .09cents isnt worth any value to you, but to someone/entity that values worth and understands math and doesnt need an intermediary....it does. Just cuz you dont get it, dont assume (hope ha) or cast negativity on what you dont understand.

Buffet only invests when the intrisinic value of the business is less than the current stock price, as with cryptos, they have no intrinsic value, just a cheaper method to transfer cash, and that ability is available if bitcoin was 20 cents.

Cryptos are not value producing assets, so by definition, it’s impossible to “invest” in them. You’re just buying something in the hopes that someone else will pay you more for it and that’s a a dangerous game, and also a recipe for disaster.

Just buy a big cap stock with a history of dividend gains like KO (50 years of dividend growth) and just reinvest those dividends and keep it for retirement. By that time, your drip has increased your holdings, and the growth in the dividend will be substantial. Then the dividend payments will become your income when you’re retired. It’s compound interest, take advantage of it.

Warden buffets lifetime average is 20% a year, so if you think you can beat that, you’re not being realistic and taking far too much risk.

Don’t look at investing as how much you can make, but how little you can lose, and in case I’d cryptos, you can lose it all
Which is why you only invest what you can afford to lose. Fact is no one should be only investing in crypto as their main portfolio, however, the returns crypto can offer you could potential be life changing. Especially when considering how little you need to invest. A $1,000 investment can net six figures if things go parabolic again. That's the allure here and the potential value for many of us.

The biggest problem with crypto is all the hard forks and bitcoin variants. Bitcoin, Bitcoin SV, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Private, Bitcoin Dark, etc.

This is a new asset Class... I believe 97 percent of the current market will be gone in 10 years... there will be no need for 3000 tokens in a digital world... 50 or so will prevail and will branch out into all facets of life... bitcoin, litecoin, XRP and ETH will remain and a few others will come out of the next bull run but real world mass adoption and use case must occur for this market to reach its potential...

Alot of old world money must die in order for this change to occur...

Over hearing this chick talk about getting paid on venmo in the subway last night reassured me that a digital system is in the works and it's a matter of time.

Looking like Btc is heading to the 2k’s this week. The only alt that has my eye is POA. Looking to get some bags soon. Anyone have thoughts on POA.

Amazon was a value producing asset with actual income (it wasnt always having positive earnings because it was reinvesting the earnings into future growth, thus the high PE ratio)

Cryptos produce nothing, they don’t have dividends and you’re buying it in the hopes of someone buying it off you for more than what you paid for.

Your comparission is very off base.

At a certain stock price amazon will have a valuation less than all the leverage free cash they hold, and in that case, you can make an argument that it’s undervalued. But I don’t think anyone can tell me a reasonable answer to how any crypto is “undervalued” to trigger a buying opportunity.

Im pretty sure im making dividends off more then one of my alt coins =]

Moving 1mil for .09cents isnt worth any value to you, but to someone/entity that values worth and understands math and doesnt need an intermediary....it does. Just cuz you dont get it, dont assume (hope ha) or cast negativity on what you dont understand.

But the price of an actual bitcoin won’t affect your ability to transfer cash, you can do it if bitcoin is 50 or 5000. What I’m saying is you cant use accounting practices to see what the intrinsic or book value is.

There’s a difference between how “valuable” something is and the actual financial/economic term if “value”

Which is why you only invest what you can afford to lose. Fact is no one should be only investing in crypto as their main portfolio, however, the returns crypto can offer you could potential be life changing. Especially when considering how little you need to invest. A $1,000 investment can net six figures if things go parabolic again. That's the allure here and the potential value for many of us.

It’s true, you see greater returns if you take more risk, but again, cryptos are not investing, because they’re not value producing assets, it’s just another form of gambling.

But the price of an actual bitcoin won’t affect your ability to transfer cash, you can do it if bitcoin is 50 or 5000. What I’m saying is you cant use accounting practices to see what the intrinsic or book value is.

There’s a difference between how “valuable” something is and the actual financial/economic term if “value”

what's gold then?

Back
Top Bottom