Official Bitcoin Thread

Works both ways. I've always wondered the limitations with BTC or crypto in general due to fraud or someone not delivering what's promised.
Yeah with bitcoin it's easier for the seller to scam. I'm mainly a seller and rarely buy things with BTC so it's far better than Paypal for me. All my buyers go first before I send them my end of the deal. If I wanted to scam someone it would be very easy to do so with my reputation. And there are of course people who exploit that. Hardly anyone will accept anything other than BTC for transactions over $500 nowadays so there are occasional scam reports ranging from $500 to $1000+

I sell virtual goods on an online marketplace/forum with a reputation system so it's important to maintain a good and high reputation. I'm at the point now where 90% of my buyers go first with BTC no questions asked and I intend to keep it that way. Saves me time too, otherwise the buyer and I would have to agree on a reputable middleman who is available to middleman the deal. That can be a bit of a hassle with my timezone difference since most of my customers are American.

The site moderates scamming through the reputation system and a scam report database. Scamming results in a permanent ban from the marketplace if the victim can prove it. At the end of the day a seller could choose to scam at any time though and there's really nothing the buyer can do about it to get their money back. Not through conventional means anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah with bitcoin it's easier for the seller to scam. I'm mainly a seller and rarely buy things with BTC so it's far better than Paypal for me. All my buyers go first before I send them my end of the deal. If I wanted to scam someone it would be very easy to do so with my reputation. And there are of course people who exploit that. Hardly anyone will accept anything other than BTC for transactions over $500 nowadays so there are occasional scam reports ranging from $500 to $1000+
I sell virtual goods on an online marketplace/forum with a reputation system so it's important to maintain a good and high reputation. I'm at the point now where 90% of my buyers go first with BTC no questions asked and I intend to keep it that way. Saves me time too, otherwise the buyer and I would have to agree on a reputable middleman who is available to middleman the deal. That can be a bit of a hassle with my timezone difference since most of my customers are American.
The site moderates scamming through the reputation system and a scam report database. Scamming results in a permanent ban from the marketplace if the victim can prove it. At the end of the day a seller could choose to scam at any time though and there's really nothing the buyer can do about it to get their money back. Not through conventional means anyway.

What site is this? U sound like a drug dealer

What site is this? U sound like a drug dealer
Nothing drug related 
laugh.gif
 But legally speaking it's a bit of a grey area. I sell social media accounts/usernames to individuals or companies. Rapper Big Krit has his instagram name @Bigkrit because of me for example.

Due to the nature of such transactions, bitcoin has become the standard payment method. Especially for larger transactions. Even companies are doing bitcoin transactions now. Sold an instagram for $450 BTC to a UK social media company a while back. That's a relatively inexpensive amount for a company, recently companies have been doing transactions for $1000+ in BTC.

Example:

Last edited:
My boy hit me up in 2010 and asked if I heard of bitcoins and I was like yeah, that's garbage...And that's when I was getting max student loan money and blowing it on bottles at the club and other foolishness (that I'm paying back now 10 folds because of interest). I easily had 20k to invest back then smh..

Anyway I went against everything I promised myself and bought the dip just now..Im done! I just tapped in my savings money which I promised myself I wouldn't.

lmao

I've been out of the game for a long time but I'm glad people are flourishing in here. A lot of great knowledge in here for newcomers and people who are lost. Happy for you guys, sometimes I wanna get back in but I know I'll go overboard.

Looking to buy some coins soon. How are you guys checking how your coins doing? Websites or apps? I've just been going to https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/ and checking. Also on that graph, which is more important Price (USD) or Price (BTC). I gravitate to the USD stat cause I can relate/understand it better. Can someone explain to me what market cap and 24 hour vol really mean? A google search says market cap is basically a company's worth.

only way this Bitcoin trends downward is if da US actually exercised sound money policy and da Dollar strengthened again hard.

I disagree

if da Dollar gets it swag back people wouldn't be flooding in Bitcoin as hard, imagine if it was actually pegged to gold again.

greenspan singing that tune too...da cst is already out on Bitcoin, if da government don't shapen up, da folks gonna vote wit their feet.

if da Dollar gets it swag back people wouldn't be flooding in Bitcoin as hard, imagine if it was actually pegged to gold again.

greenspan singing that tune too...da cst is already out on Bitcoin, if da government don't shapen up, da folks gonna vote wit their feet.
again i have to disagree but its all good. you have your opinion and i have mine 

Nothing drug related 
laugh.gif
 But legally speaking it's a bit of a grey area. I sell social media accounts/usernames to individuals or companies. Rapper Big Krit has his instagram name @Bigkrit because of me for example.

Due to the nature of such transactions, bitcoin has become the standard payment method. Especially for larger transactions. Even companies are doing bitcoin transactions now. Sold an instagram for $450 BTC to a UK social media company a while back. That's a relatively inexpensive amount for a company, recently companies have been doing transactions for $1000+ in BTC.

Example:
very interesting. i never knew u could sell social media accounts. thats actually kinda smart man.  very impressed 
pimp.gif

yeh im saying not for another 5 years at the least. its all good u can enjoy the money now but when u look back in 5 years u will prob regret cashing in any bitcoin. i am a HODL for btc
Yup  5 years minimum lol . People gonna be the pizza guy on here . This isn't USD , a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow due to inflation . This is an appreciating asset , I'm not selling anything for at least 5 years .

I agree , doesn't matter what the dollar does crypto will be strong .

Quote:

Yup  5 years minimum lol . People gonna be the pizza guy on here . This isn't USD , a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow due to inflation . This is an appreciating asset , I'm not selling anything for at least 5 years .

I agree, a lot of these coins are appreciating assets and I'm planning on buy-and-holding for a few years.

However, some alt-coins will fail and some will become obsolete causing them to lose value or fail, new coin releases everyday.

​I don't think it has to do with the dollar as much.

I think it's as simple as people are following where the money is. I myself, told my friends who are interested in investing and they're checking it out.

If you tell people they can make $: they will flock. Don't matter how much under-inflated or over-inflated the dollar is. People always going to try and get that paper

Quote:

I agree, a lot of these coins are appreciating assets and I'm planning on buy-and-holding for a few years.

However, some alt-coins will fail and some will become obsolete causing them to lose value or fail, new coin releases everyday.

I think it's as simple as people are following where the money is. I myself, told my friends who are interested in investing and they're checking it out.

If you tell people they can make $: they will flock. Don't matter how much under-inflated or over-inflated the dollar is. People always going to try and get that paper
Yup the alt-coins I'm trading , stable coins I'm holding longterm . I saw someone on twitter say that BTC = gold , ETH = oil , and LTC = silver which we are currently able to buy these on sale right now. Mad I missed ETH at 142 , I believe it will find resistance around 145 .

Crypto brings convenience that FIAT will never bring. If you have ever sent an international wire you will understand what I'm talking about , but even the avg person knows scamming is at an all time high and paypal is a hassle to deal with.

Crypto's real advantage and innovation is the blockchain technology and Decentralized Apps (Dapps) . I believe the next huge billion dollar app will be a Dapp that changes our everyday lives.

Fffffuuuuuu

I bought all my coins yesterday at their highest :smh:

I knew I should have waited for a dip :smh:

Still waiting on it to go into my wallet though.

They said 7-10 days or whatever.

Will be away on vacay till next week.

Hope I come back and they are more than what I payed.

Also...that 4% coinbase fee is a bia.

They charge you for any and every trans you do I'm assuming.

Fapmaster I will look into that hard drive thing as soon as I get back.

I suggest that everyone in here learns basic charting before going all in at the top of a parabolic run , everybody could see a pullback was coming .

Which is why we said it would be risky to buy and better to wait and buy the pullback/dip .

Also ETH is so much cheaper on Polo

Last edited:

Have faith, it will go up by the time it hits your account. I got lucky with my BTC's goin up almost 500+ each while I waited for it, then spent it on alt coins and been downhill since lol

Let me know how Aruba is, ill be there in 2 weeks, I wont be checkin coinmarketcap every 2 hours lol

Fffffuuuuuu

I bought all my coins yesterday at their highest
mean.gif

I knew I should have waited for a dip
mean.gif

Hope I come back and they are more than what I payed.

Also...that 4% coinbase fee is a bia.

They charge you for any and every trans you do I'm assuming.

Fapmaster I will look into that hard drive thing as soon as I get back.
that sucks man. ive been calling a correction for weeks now.  who knows maybe we have another run and then fall harder next time. could be your chance to get out at the top and then be able to buy lower on the dip

Quote:

you gotta point, but to put it in perspective, people used to trade currency before it got overtly regulated too...

if da dollar becomes big dawg in da yard again i think Bitcoin wouldn't​ be molten hot lava da way it is now, people would wanna keel their money in USD and have more faith in da greenback as da world reserve currency...i can tell you that's definitely not da case now :lol:

I suggest that everyone in here learns basic charting before going all in at the top of a parabolic run , everybody could see a pullback was coming .

Which is why we said it would be risky to buy and better to wait and buy the pullback/dip .

Also ETH is so much cheaper on Polo
a correction is always needed for a healthy growing market.  next leg up is WHEN not if..remember that.

a correction is always needed for a healthy growing market.  next leg up is WHEN not if..remember that.
Of course next leg is coming and your right a correction is needed . Hopefully people who bought at the top can double down, I'm starting my stack over since I sold at 82 like an idiot . I do believe all of the new people who bought it at the top will sell at the bottom and go back to thinking crypto is worthless.

ETH will drop to either 125 and find resistance or crash back down to 90-95 range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom