Official Bitcoin Thread

Anybody else thinking about selling everything next bull run? And rebuying the following correction?

True bottom (capitulation):

- when thanksgiving / xmas cats that went in say "i'm out"
- when peeps that said they're going to quit their job and do crypto "stop"
- when the lambo/moon/ posts cease
- when the grocery clerk, gas station attendant, barista stop giving you crypto advice
- when YOU are at the very brink of selling off your bag to an OG investor or Institutional investor (JPM) for dirt cheap prices.....only then we'll be hitting a TRUE BOTTOM and have an opportunity of a lifetime to make $$

True bottom (capitulation):

- when thanksgiving / xmas cats that went in say "i'm out"
- when peeps that said they're going to quit their job and do crypto "stop"
- when the lambo/moon/ posts cease
- when the grocery clerk, gas station attendant, barista stop giving you crypto advice
- when YOU are at the very brink of selling off your bag to an OG investor or Institutional investor (JPM) for dirt cheap prices.....only then we'll be hitting a TRUE BOTTOM and have an opportunity of a lifetime to make $$

But if we see this true bottom, then what will make crypto go back up in value?

the usefulness of the tech, along with people jumping back in, coupled with a little manipulation by the government once they get they foot in. At least how I see it.

Last edited:
What should I add to:

Icx
Req
Man
Nano

Leaning toward icx to just round out he position I’ve been building. Wanna add to man too but I can see if going under a quarter next week if we don’t SnapBack.

Wanna add gla eventually too. Hopefully it gets to a dime.

Man, I hope everyone makes money but this is my crypto analogy..

In the last few years cryptos were a Bugatti veyron on a straight open highway.

Today, the road has turned into a sandy desert with lots of sand dunes..

Too much friction and so much headwinds..

Government regulation - negative
Companies like visa stopping transactions due to lack of clarity about money laundering and source of money - negative

What were the positives?

Decentralized? Well not if its regulated
Fiat currency? No one accepts it in the big picture
Holds its value? Very volatile and not a safe haven

Everything comes to demand and supply, and when it comes to utility, cryptos are like gold. You’re buying it in hopes that someone will pay you more than what you bought it for. Most buyers of cryptos were not using them to purchase goods, they were hoping they could make a quick buck, and after the hype dies off, people run away.

The volitility however allows you to make significant gains with trading, but if you’re a long term “investor” just know that by definition you can’t even invest in bitcoin or cryptos because they’re not value producing assets to begin with.

Put your money in something that has positive cash flows and growing dividends and reinvest those dividends and you’ll be good in the long term.

If your risk appetite is higher and you’re in your early 20’s you can take a little more risk but always look at cryptos as a speculative play and don’t have it be a big % of your total portfolio.

If you’re not too savy put your money into a S&P 500 etf like qqq and add monthly to it. Over a 20 year period nothing will outpermorm equities and even real estate when taking inflation into account is the same price it was in 1880 to 1980 except for bottle necked areas like Sanfransisco and NY...

Good luck either way..

giphy.gif

Anyone here big into Drones or quadcopters before govt. Regulation? I was..
Everyone and their grandmama was flying one, from toys to more high end gps drones.

Govt. Stepped in started regulating and making people sign up as registered operator and cats Doing it on the side working independent need part 107 etc and faa permissions for certain jobs.. Public complaints, people being sued left and right.. Really put a sour taste in many people and made it hard to just fly the thing.

Thats what it feels like now with crypto. I know they are 2 different entities but the same as far as government regulation and complaints with public entities anf just overall a negative effect.

With that said. Nano is a good buy on these massive dips.. Ive been watching it and it always bounce stronger.

Buy nano on any dips with spare $. I didnt have any to buy at $6. Bu I've been buying since $13.

Companies like visa stopping transactions due to lack of clarity about money laundering and source of money - negative

What were the positives?

Everything comes to demand and supply, and when it comes to utility, cryptos are like gold. You’re buying it in hopes that someone will pay you more than what you bought it for. Most buyers of cryptos were not using them to purchase goods, they were hoping they could make a quick buck, and after the hype dies off, people run away.

The volitility however allows you to make significant gains with trading, but if you’re a long term “investor” just know that by definition you can’t even invest in bitcoin or cryptos because they’re not value producing assets to begin with.

Put your money in something that has positive cash flows and growing dividends and reinvest those dividends and you’ll be good in the long term.

If your risk appetite is higher and you’re in your early 20’s you can take a little more risk but always look at cryptos as a speculative play and don’t have it be a big % of your total portfolio.

If you’re not too savy put your money into a S&P 500 etf like qqq and add monthly to it. Over a 20 year period nothing will outpermorm equities and even real estate when taking inflation into account is the same price it was in 1880 to 1980 except for bottle necked areas like Sanfransisco and NY...

Good luck either way..

Good advice. Crypto is a speculative investment and a lot of people are doing it wrong by jumping into the most speculative investment that you can be in without having a stable investment portfolio.

What were the positives?

Good luck either way..

How long have you been investing in crypto?

What were the positives?

Good luck either way..

Sounds like you're the person to talk to regarding my 401k :lol:

Good news for BTC G20 Current Regulatory Status

USA
- ICO Prohibited, Money Laundering & Illegal Act Regulations, Cryptographic Exchange Tradition License Scheme

European Union
- Agreed to more stringent rules to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing in Bitcoin and other virtual currency exchanges

Japan
- taxation, payment instrument recognition

Germany
- It is a legitimate financial instrument and may be taxable, but requires additional licenses and permits.

England
- No government regulation

France
- Warnings about regulatory readiness (not disclosed in detail), 'risk of speculation and manipulation’

Italy
- Some central banks consider issuing cryptocurrencies

Canada
- Taxation

China
- Coin trading prohibited, ICO prohibited

India
- Not accepted as a means of payment, regulation of money laundering and illegal activities

Brazil
- Financial assets not recognized, direct investment prohibited

South Korea
- No anonymous account transactions (real name system), tax preparation in progress

Australia

Russia
- Cryptocurrencies regulation legislation, ICO prohibition, while allowing legislation, can run a legitimate exchange

Mexico
- Preparing taxation

Indonesia
- No government regulation, prohibited from banks

Turkey

Saudi Arabia
- Some regulations will be introduced but not prohibited

Argentina

South Africa