Official Bitcoin Thread

you call that promise?
Yeah, while the rest of the market was bleeding or recovering for the day litecoin was up 10 percent.

ETC looks like they might be cooked... got hit with a 51 percent attack causing double spending.. it has not been completely confirmed but all signs pointing to 1.1 million in losses.. some exchanges halted trading for a day but nobody is really selling so it might just be FUD...

the past 2 or 3 weeks has been on an upward trend, if btc can get pass 4800 we might be in a reversal...

Still holding onto some Litecoin scraps. Actually threw a little more disposable income at it last week. Hopeful that we can have another jump like the one we did last November sometime soon. Definitely upward momentum right now.

Saw a bunch of Gemini ads on my way in to work today, too.

Still holding onto some Litecoin scraps. Actually threw a little more disposable income at it last week. Hopeful that we can have another jump like the one we did last November sometime soon. Definitely upward momentum right now.

Saw a bunch of Gemini ads on my way in to work today, too.
If we get a 10x from here that would be ideal... lol
Crypto ads on the subway is legit.... there were rumors floating about a Coinbase commercial for the Super Bowl but I don’t think that’ll happen.

Yeah, while the rest of the market was bleeding or recovering for the day litecoin was up 10 percent.

ETC looks like they might be cooked... got hit with a 51 percent attack causing double spending.. it has not been completely confirmed but all signs pointing to 1.1 million in losses.. some exchanges halted trading for a day but nobody is really selling so it might just be FUD...

the past 2 or 3 weeks has been on an upward trend, if btc can get pass 4800 we might be in a reversal...

I’d be histant to hold any crypto atm. Not to say one can’t make gains trading the swings, but over a longer period of time it keeps making lower lows and lower highs.

Even if it did shoot up 100%, I think most people will sell into the strength and retail investors have been spooked by the price going from the highs to its current price. I can’t see the demand picking up to a level where it will raise significantly and consolidate. But don’t be greedy and take some gains if you have some.

I’d be histant to hold any crypto atm. Not to say one can’t make gains trading the swings, but over a longer period of time it keeps making lower lows and lower highs.

Even if it did shoot up 100%, I think most people will sell into the strength and retail investors have been spooked by the price going from the highs to its current price. I can’t see the demand picking up to a level where it will raise significantly and consolidate. But don’t be greedy and take some gains if you have some.

Im sure people said the same in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014..... The ones who came out good held while others probably sold in the Bear. My friend cashed out 200k in Feb, started buying and holding at 40$ BTC and held through the previous Bear.

Im sure people said the same in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014..... The ones who came out good held while others probably sold in the Bear. My friend cashed out 200k in Feb, started buying and holding at 40$ BTC and held through the previous Bear.

I wonder how much tax he had to pay on that.

Anyone else feel like the price moves in crypto are unusual. Like it doesn't do anything for days at a time (+1%/-1%), then does a 15% move, then +1%/-1% again for another week.

Past performance isn’t any idication that it’s going to happen again. Your friends got in early and made a killing, but what do you think was the main reason for the surge in demand of btc from 40 to 15k?
It definetly can’t be for any fundamental reasons like valuation, so it means it was demand for people to make a quick buck.

Out of many people i know who held/hold btc, no one was purchasing items with them or sending money to others. Majority of them were just hoping to sell it for more than their purchase price.

Now from here, you have to ask yourself where is the demand going to come from to push the prices up? And what are the catalysts?
IMO, a big portion of people have either jumped out, or the price drop has scared them away.

The only utility btc has is that it’s a fast exchange of money, and that ability is available if btc is $1 or $5000

Anyone peep the new nano ledger x?

Think i may just get the nano s for the low. Last year I was into crypto for the quick flip but now i’m really looking to accumulate and hodl for the next few years while the market is in disaray.

“the SEC doesn't have the power to extend the 240-day deadline. The statute absolutely prohibits any further delays.By law, that means if the SEC fails to make a decision by the February 27 deadline, the ETF will be automatically approved.”

How sick would that be?! Govt gets the double whammy. Cant wait

Last edited:
Hey if I sold BTC/crypto at a massive loss can I claim it on my taxes and get some money back? If so how would I go about doing this?

“the SEC doesn't have the power to extend the 240-day deadline. The statute absolutely prohibits any further delays.By law, that means if the SEC fails to make a decision by the February 27 deadline, the ETF will be automatically approved.”

How sick would that be?! Govt gets the double whammy. Cant wait

proposal got withdrawn today. lol assuming its cuz govt would likely deny it rather than let it pass on the technicality

ybyb20 ybyb20 u can claim up to 3k$/year in losses assuming u sold before 2019. if not u gotta wait til next years return unless u have other gains from stocks, etc to deduct against

Back
Top Bottom