Official Bitcoin Thread

out of love for crypto, the last thing you should be buying is bcash aka ****coincash ..... i thought about copping one just for the gains but i cant bring myself to do it knowing Roger Ver is somewhere getting richer by the day... lol

Brb Bout to do some more Google's

All this talk of a dip back to 3k might be wrong. Thw same ones talking about a bounce back to 19k in March and April are talking about a dip to 2k or even 1k.... I dont see that happening with higher interest rates, a possible financial calamity next year and all this new adoption taking place on wall st. I wanted to buy a whole bitcoin at 2k. Who knows if we see those prices but this 4 or 5 day upswing got me feeling good... not where I want to be but I'm stacking every week... I hoped for a 50 dollar ethereum... been stack this ethereum classic that pass few weeks thinking it should out perform its cousin on the next bullrun...

All this talk of a dip back to 3k might be wrong. Thw same ones talking about a bounce back to 19k in March and April are talking about a dip to 2k or even 1k.... I dont see that happening with higher interest rates, a possible financial calamity next year and all this new adoption taking place on wall st. I wanted to buy a whole bitcoin at 2k. Who knows if we see those prices but this 4 or 5 day upswing got me feeling good... not where I want to be but I'm stacking every week... I hoped for a 50 dollar ethereum... been stack this ethereum classic that pass few weeks thinking it should out perform its cousin on the next bullrun...

You think stacking ETC over the drought was a better choice than putting that money into ETH and growing your position?

I stopped accumulating ETC a month or so back but I’m wondering if ETC in the long run will be a good hedge against ETH like BCH was with BTC

ETH is more popular than ETC for dapps i believe.

This makes ETH way more attractive imo.

Wanted to drop some on ETH but didn’t yet. Smh i want ~$80 to buy more. $50 would be amazing.

That's the thing. I know ethereum has got the title as the golden boy of crypto but every seems to forget ethereum classic is the OG, it has everything Ethereum has plus IOT capabilities. It just the money and partnerships aren't aligned at the moment but looking at etc has me thinking it can follow ethereums trajectory if the IOTA thing doesn't pan out

Still gonna pick up some ethereum cause it seems like a sure thing. I got wrecked buying ethereum in the 1st half of the year so I might as well dca in...

Really nice recovery in eth. If we can get through the cloud and hold it this can run quickly. Figure 145 could be resistance. I chased a little and added another one today just in case it breaks out.

Steady stackin during blood bath and payin off. I guess all Warren Buffett and all the other smart financial dudes were right:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

582954A7-102D-47D7-9F7A-6AA574B9570F.jpeg

Steady stackin during blood bath and payin off. I guess all Warren Buffett and all the other smart financial dudes were right:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

582954A7-102D-47D7-9F7A-6AA574B9570F.jpeg

Interesting how it’s down 75% in the last year and because there was a short term raise in price you think buffet was wrong lol..

Significant difference between bargain hunting equities at attractive valuations instead of catching a dropping knife in a crypto market.

All this talk of a dip back to 3k might be wrong. Thw same ones talking about a bounce back to 19k in March and April are talking about a dip to 2k or even 1k.... I dont see that happening with higher interest rates, a possible financial calamity next year and all this new adoption taking place on wall st. I wanted to buy a whole bitcoin at 2k. Who knows if we see those prices but this 4 or 5 day upswing got me feeling good... not where I want to be but I'm stacking every week... I hoped for a 50 dollar ethereum... been stack this ethereum classic that pass few weeks thinking it should out perform its cousin on the next bullrun...[/QUOTE

I don’t think the Fed rate hike is going to cause retail investors to sell their stocks and move them into cryptos, so if cryptos raise in price it will be due to higher demand from another source.

Going from 18k to 4K has scared a lot of people away, and i doubt anyone actually thinks it’s a good place to park your money in cryptos due to the high volatility

Wall Street is Backing Out of Crypto

Wall Street is quietly moving out of the crypto market, Bloomberg reports. While the market has continued to be battered by news of fraud and imminent regulatory crackdowns, there was a time when it seemed like Wall Street had started to warm up to the rise of crypto assets.

Last year, when the crypto industry enjoyed what was probably the biggest bull run in its history, it seemed a lot of mainstream financial companies were also ready to join the bandwagon. Names like Goldman Sachs, Fidelity Investments and Barclays Bank Plc. were all affiliated with reports to open cryptocurrency divisions, and these speculations sent ripples around the financial industry.

Goldman Sachs’ Trading Desk Dreams
Goldman Sachs was one of the first Wall Street firms to show interest in Bitcoin futures, and rumors claimed that the firm was working on developing a seperate crypto trading desk. The investment bank partnered with Galaxy Digital and led a $57 million series B investment in custodian firm BitGo Holdings Inc., in a bid to offer custody services. Fast-forward to a year later, and Goldman is yet to offer crypto trading. The bank’s Bitcoin derivative product has not made much progress since it launched.

Citigroup Inc.- Digital Asset Receipts
New York-based Citigroup Inc. also reportedly developed a crypto-based product that could help asset management firms and hedge funds reduce the risk they get exposed to when they invest in crypto. The product, known as Digital Asset Receipt, was expected to provide crypto investors with an innovative means of keeping tabs on their investments and offer an additional layer of legitimacy and trust to the fledgling asset class.

Barclays Inc. and Its Crypto Trading Desk
Then we have London-based Barclays Inc. The British bank showed a massive interest in crypto during the boom, hiring energy traders Chris Tyrer and Matthieu Jobbe Duval to help lead its digital assets division. Both were hired to help look into avenues where the bank could make a foray into the crypto world and provide recommendations, especially as rumors swirled that it was considering developing a crypto trading desk of its own. Sadly, Tyrer ended up leaving earlier this year, while Duval remains with the firm. In addition to Tyrer quitting, Barclays also denied any rumors of the crypto trading desk.

So What Happened?
According to the report, there are two reasons for the quiet withdrawal of Wall Street in the market; the downturn in the market and a lack of a regulatory framework on cryptocurrencies. The first reason is relatively simple. 2018 has been a wild ride for the crypto market, with about $700 billion being wiped off. Crypto-based firms are feeling the brunt of this bear market, with news of retrenchments, companies folding up and manufacturers of mining rigs losing profits by the day. On regulation, it is believed that the continued lack of a specific regulatory framework on cryptocurrencies has continued to deter big names in the financial industry from taking the plunge into the sector.

Hopefully, 2019 will see a rejuvenation in the crypto industry, as well as the introduction of clearer crypto regulations.

https://www.ccn.com/wall-street-is-backing-out-of-crypto/amp/

Last edited:
Lol, to me this is kinda of funny, I remember back when Silk Road got busted and shut down by the feds and crypto dropped heavily because of that. Everybody and their moms were saying that that was the end for cryptocurrency and it would get no where with that tainted image, fast forward 3 years later the bull run happens.

I’m most definitely sure there will be another bull run and I can bet it will be bigger then the last time but I can also bet that it won’t be for a couple of years.

Those who were burnt by crypto this time around has to gain sometime before we see them return to the market again because in part the last bull run was due to retail trader flocking looking for quick gains. So all in all, we’re going t have to wait for a new group bag holders to join the market in order to see another bull run and the only way I see that happening is if the old group bag holder forget about the last time they got stuck holding the bag

Back
Top Bottom