Official Bitcoin Thread

Swing trading? You finna get REKT bro...

honestly the best way to do with Crypto from my experience is putting in money you don’t mind losing and just forgetting about it, unless you are at least a couple of thousand in it, you won’t really see any gains that would make a difference, at least not now and we really don’t know if we will ever see a spike again like we did back in 2017...wishful thinking tho

Don’t use Robinhood. You can’t make withdrawals if I recall correctly. Coinbase or Gemini. DCA whatever you can afford to risk. Add on dips greater than 10-15% if you’re a believer and have powder. Don’t buy everything in one lot. These prices are still good to get in at but this **** is too hectic to just buy and hold in one load. Pick either a dollar amount you can lose or a coin amount and average in overtime. Don’t get greedy and impatient. This can be worth 10% of the current prices in six months. If you can’t feel that pain, you have too much risked.

Almost all wealth/money Mngr's recommend to allocate 1% - 3% of investable funds into Crypto.
If you can enter at a "lower" price point the better, but just set it and forget it.

Ok I see it now. ETH is going for like $222 but thats for a whole coin. I now see where I can put in to buy like $10 of it and it converts it to 0.044788 worth of ETH. Im using Robinhood btw. So once I make the buy, I can still track profits of the buy via Robinhood? My goal is to make profits and I know its not like I gain a mass amount overnight. I know it takes patients and im willing to take the dips to come into gains over long term if need be.
are you willing to go 2 years in a bear market ? Buying regardless of price because you plan on selling in 5?? If so Bitcoin may be right for you

Swing trading? You finna get REKT bro...

honestly the best way to do with Crypto from my experience is putting in money you don’t mind losing and just forgetting about it, unless you are at least a couple of thousand in it, you won’t really see any gains that would make a difference, at least not now and we really don’t know if we will ever see a spike again like we did back in 2017...wishful thinking tho
Dollar cost average your way to a nice size portfolio... We realistically have time to add to our positions on the way up or start your positions now...

gotta have some skin in the game ... I been DCA since November 2017.... I'm sitting ok, but still not happy with my portfolio...

Set it up in coinbase and Just buy weekly or monthly and forget about it. I just do $25 a week. Just imagine how that little amount of savings will grow if you believe bitcoin will reach 100k

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200208-215528_Chrome.jpg

Where's that old 10k hat?

Get yourself a wallet. As long as you're not in control of the private keys it's actually not your coin. If only you alone are in control of the wallet and thus in pure control of the keys. Then it's your coin.

And I know this man. I don’t know why I keep calling it stock. I told you I’m below novice level in this **** :lol:. I’m excited none the less to get my hands dirty in this.
Watch some videos on blockchain so you can familiarize your self with the crypto vernacular. Proof of work , staking , sharding , side chains and consensus should all be apart of your understanding...

Read up on the top 100 coins find out what u like and don't like. See you next year.... Lol

Does everyone really only keep their coins in a wallet though?

I've been buying through Robinhood and I don't see how doing so prevents me from "owning" my coins. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Does everyone really only keep their coins in a wallet though?

I've been buying through Robinhood and I don't see how doing so prevents me from "owning" my coins. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

With Robinhood you can’t even withdraw your coins if I’m correct so if they get hacked in theory you lose your coins forever. If you’re holding less than $300 of crypto I think a wallet is honestly pointless since why spend as much or more on a wallet than you’re risking. But if you have holdings 500 and up a wallet is a must.

Back
Top Bottom