Official Bitcoin Thread

So question for y 'all. Do I dump all my VET and use it to buy BTC or do I keep it and just DCA starting now?

I’m going to be blunt as possible because it will teach you an important lesson.

if you don’t know why you’re in an asset and you need to ask random people on the internet what you should do with your money, you have 0 conviction as a result of 0 plan and 0 understanding of the asset you hold.

fix that ASAP.

the most amount of money I’ve lost is doing just this. Research the facts of your asset and weigh market cap, adoption, runway and total addressable market before deciding to own something. Never base your opinion on what someone else does.Get ideas, learn from them, but you need to own the position and own the conviction and confidence in your process. You will lose everything otherwise.

if you don’t know why you’re in an asset and you need to ask random people on the internet what you should do with your money, you have 0 conviction as a result of 0 plan and 0 understanding of the asset you hold.

Kind of a big assumption to say all that without any contexts besides my original question. I was merely asking the opinion of others that was more directed at the prospects of VET as opposed to buying BTC at an ATH.

I have done and will always do my own research and make my own decisions, but I do respect and view the opinions of others as a valuable tool. I'm pretty sure all of us at some time or others have taken the opinions from others whether it be someone on twitter or a YouTube channel.

EC7E2B0C-B220-4926-8605-103BB9F6D045.png

smh, just sell it bro.

yall invest without doing any research?
I got caught up in the altcoin hype back in 18 when it was vechain. After they converted to vet I held for a while and sold about half into Bitcoin cuz Bitcoin was pretty cheap at the time and I figured hold the other half as a type of lottery ticket just in case **** goes crazy one day never kno. I’m no expert but I felt like that’s a solid play since I already lost some money on it minus well keep a runner

Executive Order on Securities Investments that Finance Communist Chinese Military Companies
The Division of Examinations is issuing this Risk Alert to notify investment advisers, broker-dealers, and other market participants of a recent action relating to investments in securities associated with Communist Chinese military companies, as well as investors transacting in such securities. The Division encourages firms to review and assess the impact of the EO, for their own investments as well as on behalf of investors and clients, and to evaluate their related processes. We also encourage firms to continue to review OFAC’s website for additional guidance.

Chinese investors secretly buying Bitcoin helped fuel Tether’s $5 billion surge
Who says Bitcoin’s most popular stablecoin is backed by nothing? A new report says demand comes from China.

Chinese investors secretly buying Bitcoin helped fuel Tether’s $5 billion surge
Who says Bitcoin’s most popular stablecoin is backed by nothing? A new report says demand comes from China.
By Colin Harper

6 min read

Jun 11, 2020

One of the more titillating questions among Bitcoin watchers is, who’s buying all that Tether that’s propping it up? According to a new Sino Capital report shared with Decrypt, the answer is pretty simple: lots of Chinese investors are a part of the equation. And they don’t want you to know that they’re buying USDT, because the government frowns upon buying Bitcoin there.

That explanation helps address some of the criticisms of USDT, partly fueled by an academic paper that claims Tether was used to pump Bitcoin in 2017, and the claim that Tether’s holds fractional, three-fourth reserves. Critics have maintained that the company is merely “printing” the stablecoin without having any real buyers, and thus inflating Bitcoin’s price.

But one thing affecting the issuance of new Tether is throngs of Chinese buyers using over-the-counter brokers, according to the report.

"Our key point is that 1) OTC is an enormous market in China—far bigger than people think, and that 2) USDT is the crux of that flow," said Matthew Graham, CEO of Beijing-based Sino Global Capital, which prepared the report for Decrypt this week.

Shanghai Shuffle
Tether has added $5 billion worth of USDT into the cryptocurrency market since 2020, reaching a total market cap of $9 billion—10 times higher than any other stablecoin. The demand for much of that Tether is coming from—by some estimates—100,000 Chinese retail and institutional buyers who can’t access cryptocurrency market pairs otherwise.

“USDT is a very popular way for Chinese crypto investors to enter the market with most exchanges offering a range of OTC options,” the report noted.

The report explains the legal grey area that covers Bitcoin in China. While the government there recognizes Bitcoin as virtually property (and thereby does not ban ownership of the cryptocurrency), it banned exchanges. (Many of these exchanges moved their servers to other jurisdictions and still operate for Chinese citizens who use VPNs.)

Since 2018, China has also banned citizens from accessing foreign cryptocurrency services, and forbade banks from opening accounts with exchanges.

How Tether is used by Chinese investors
Cue USDT. The stablecoin is perfect for servicing a Chinese crypto clientele that has been shut out of the market by their banks and government, mainly because it’s highly liquid, integrated with all major southeast Asian exchanges, and permissionless.

These tokens are distributed by OTC trading desks, a brokerage model that became popular in China during its post-Cold War industrial boom as a way for retail investors to gain access to restricted markets. Depending on the operation, these OTCs will match buyers with sellers in China’s highly-networked, tight-knitted crypto economy or provide liquidity themselves

One anonymous OTC employee, who spoke with Decrypt, corroborated the report’s findings.

The employee pointed out that trading Chinese Yuan (CNY) for Bitcoin is not technically illegal, but anyone who does so will have their bank account locked or even closed. USDT to Bitcoin trading, then, is not wholly legal, but it is tolerated, the employee said.

Last edited:
i think the next hurdle is 40k
No way 33,34,35,36 are our new ATH.
Was gonna put in more last night when it dipped but didnt want to get greedy LOL
I also put in a nice chuck last week so want to spread out the buys eventhough it may come back to haunt me.

:emoji_eyes:

Last edited:
In 2017 I invested little under 5 figure value across BTC, ETH, LTC, right before BTC hit ath which was close to like 19-20K. I never sold and just hodl, even all those down years, would login to my coinbase/gdax which is now coinbase pro, weekly just to make sure still secure. Even with everything running up way it is, this is something I may just keep hodling for very long time, cause my initial investment. i lose it i lose it but the potential on where this could go is unknown, scary, & promising

Back
Top Bottom