Official Bitcoin Thread

Which coin do you hold that provides you utility and also creates value (and not some ****coin dividend "value" as a result of owning said coin?

I've yet to see any use case for owning a coin other than a bet a digital commodity price appreciation (and I'll give you "somewhat private" monetary transactions).
anything that generates revs from using the protocol and gives back to the token holder. Sushi, link and eth for validators, just a few examples. I’m going to be really diving in to create a list that I plan on pulling from.
Think Below 30k realistic?
No clue. Wouldn’t be shocked either way. Just follow price and Dca. No one knows

anything that generates revs from using the protocol and gives back to the token holder. Sushi, link and eth for validators, just a few examples. I’m going to be really diving in to create a list that I plan on pulling from.

Can you link me to any articles about any of those "projects" generating revenue from users? I couldn't find any. Interested how a decentralized platform generates revenue.

The general public is not validating transactions so I think that's a moot point. Are you actually planning on using these protocols for anything other than betting on digital commodity price appreciation?

Sushiswap charges a fee for trading, they generated over 1.4b in fees, those fees are redistributed to stakers and LPs. Just one example. Chainlink charges fees to use the oracle that are paid in Link tokens. Those are redistributed to validators. AMP will be charging a small fee at the POS when people make purchases through their rails, those fees will be used to market buy tokens that are redistributed to stakers. Just a few easy examples, dive into the protocols and see what they do to create revenues and token holder value. Productive assets are the minority and once Wall Street catches on, there will be a tremendous rush toward them for cash flow. This is where you can create alpha right now.

just one more in depth breakdown here

currency coins and governance tokens to me will underperform the market moving forward. That’s why I’m focused on researching and acquiring cash flow coins

Coinbase Wallet (not Coinbase/Coinbase Pro) now has a swapping feature called Trade.

This is huge bros. Its going to allow you to swap right into a stablecoin from any alts that are erc20. Or from alt to alt. It will tell you if it doesnt support the coin

Its smoother/easier than Uniswap. I would recommend downloading coinbase wallet and trying it out. This is also good for coins that you want that are on exchanges you dont have access to and no kyc its basically a DEX at your fingertips.

Remember if you are downloading the wallet you need to save your seed no one will help you if you lose access and you cant find your seed.

Only thing is you are paying ETH gas and coinbase is taking a nominal amount of your trade coin. The fee is ranging from $20 to $30. It might be worth it when these exchanges lock us out when things get hot.

This is a web3 wallet which also gives you access to eth dApps .Just interacting with these types of apps/wallets are cool as you may find a dApp that you can utilize now or in the future

App.sushi.com, go to the sushi bar, convert it to xsushi and then load it into the bentobox or you can stake sushi and lend it out on aave through sushi instead. Idk which gives you better yield tbh

IRS will take your crypto if you can’t pay back your taxes (rather than garnishing your wages)

Goldman initiated their reports

MIT has classes on blockchain and crypto

politicians are showing their laser eyes

Wharton just published a report on DeFi

China just resolved the two biggest criticisms for bitcoin: China dominating the hash rate and coal powered mining

And y’all are in here crying about a correction that’s giving you a second chance to reload your favorite coins?
look around you and see what’s happening behind the curtain

Few

I dont believe the adoption of crypto over fiat guarantees inflated crypto values on some infinite timescale. In fact it almost assuredly does not.

IRS will take your crypto if you can’t pay back your taxes (rather than garnishing your wages)

Goldman initiated their reports

MIT has classes on blockchain and crypto

politicians are showing their laser eyes

Wharton just published a report on DeFi

China just resolved the two biggest criticisms for bitcoin: China dominating the hash rate and coal powered mining

And y’all are in here crying about a correction that’s giving you a second chance to reload your favorite coins?
look around you and see what’s happening behind the curtain

Few
I get it it but this crash was different so it’s understandable that people were a bit freaked out given the circumstances. Plus some are new to this but hats off to the ones holding strong.

Whats not to understand? Big gubbament has decided your crypto is worth at least as much as their dollar or they wouldnt accept it...

exactly. if you owe taxes for crypto, they'll just take your coins if you can't pay them back. treated the same way they treat property. legitimizes the hell out of the sector.

perspective is a super power

if you remained calm during this and added to your best ideas, you are on the right path

if you freaked out and froze up, you now have the grit needed to dive into the fire next time

if you panic sold the lows, you now know where your conviction lies and how your emotions make you vulnerable

this bounce might get sold at the 200day for bitcoin, it might not. we might trade sideways for the next 3-6 months ( would be the healthiest thing for the market). we don't know what will happen, but we know how we could control ourselves in the face of calamity and adversity.

when you know inherently the ins and outs of your holdings and can explain them in 90 seconds to your friend, family or spouse, you have no reason to panic over volatility.

when you don't know what you own, you need to develop a process and learn, otherwise you will have no conviction and without conviction, perspective is lost.

as always, my biggest fear isn't going down or having to wait 2 years for a recovery, it's not owning enough of my best ideas. doesn't mean I drop 100 thou like I'm ecook on a coin, it means I create a plan, know my risks, size accordingly and let time compound my gains for me. if I'm wrong on an idea, so be it, that's why position sizing is imperative and you don't just drop the same money on an alt that you would on bitcoin or the same amount you'd put into an index fund or blue chip stock.

you just survived hell, never forget it, study the charts leading up to the sell off because the topping signs were there, don't forget them, and be ready to act next time. my only regret was catching a little fomo and jumping in too early on the Elon fud instead of using less size (wound up taking a loss on my eth buys and then adding them back and more in the fire).

yesterday i chilled with the fam at the beach and met up with a homie from NT. totally stayed away from my portfolio and told myself i’d throw some money in today. welp....there’s too much green for me to do anything rn. and sheesh....that’s a nice bounce (didn’t know it dropped that far lol)
368B1D2A-2EB9-4CDD-9E83-A25BBA944DE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Whats not to understand? Big gubbament has decided your crypto is worth at least as much as their dollar or they wouldnt accept it...

exactly. if you owe taxes for crypto, they'll just take your coins if you can't pay them back. treated the same way they treat property. legitimizes the hell out of the sector.

What I don't understand is how are they gonna "take" your crypto? The government has your seed phrase?
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom