Official Bitcoin Thread

2% for a stable coin?! gemini earn gives 7.4% on DAI and GUSD - both stable coins. nexo and celsius have higher rates. pretty sure there are lots of higher options than 2%

Blockfi offering 7.5% on GUSD and you don't actually have to move it anywhere like you do with Gemini.

$SNX cray
Bro I called the bottom on Twitter but didn’t buy any because I was still filling my eth and rune bags. Salty but can’t be in them all.

AAVE is so strong today. Basically confirms my sentiment short term that this is the beginning of a new up trend. Bull markets we have weak opens that close r/g, bear markets we have strong opens that fade g/r to end the day. Keep it simple, buy the dips to the 8/21ema’s. Too much good news out there to be long term bearish with aave pro and compound treasury. Defi is ready to go again

ATOM gives you 7% on trust wallet btw. Just know your risks on staking, every protocol is different. AAVE has 30% slashing if there’s a crazy crash, eth has slashing for inactivity, etc.

I finally staked my first coin. (Amp) It’s been a long time coming and I’ve been avoiding it thinking it was too technical, now I’m tryna stake anything and everything lol.

I see things like atom offering 5% is this the highest? and dai is pretty interesting with its stable price offering 2%... that seems like such a great savings account..

Anyone got suggestions?

I know it can be intimidating but, it's much easier than you'd think.

I would check: Kraken, binance, gemini
Wallets: Blockfi, Nexo, Celsius

Compare and contrast which is the best yield you can get for the respective token.

I would not stake on an exchange at all unless it’s Coinbase or Gemini and even then I’d only do it if there are slashing penalties to stake on my own

wrote an article on defi. Touched on aave comp alcx yfi and anc. Will write another on other protocols eventually.
Left me really considering using alcx once the eth vaults open back up and also owning their token

Last edited:
I would not stake on an exchange at all unless it’s Coinbase or Gemini and even then I’d only do it if there are slashing penalties to stake on my own

wrote an article on defi. Touched on aave comp alcx yfi and anc. Will write another on other protocols eventually.
Left me really considering using alcx once the eth vaults open back up and also owning their token
As far as exchange staking, I've been very pleased with staking my DOT on Kraken. 12% APR paid out twice a week. Compared to like 13-14% if you staked on your own. But the kicker is no lockup period. You can withdraw your staked DOT at any time on Kraken. If you were to stake on your own you'd need to wait 28 days to have access to your DOTs after unbonding.

I just started staking my SOL with Kraken as well. It's kind of against the spirit of blockchain to stake with a centralized entity but as of now the convenience factor is pushing me in this direction.

China fud barely had an impact this morning. Bull markets shrug off bad news. I loaded every last bag I could afford this weekend, want more size, but I’m ready for this summer run.

imagine... $xrune was at .01c...now at .21c? I was able to get in at .07c, hoping some of you guys got on ido launch a few days ago.

full transparency on patreon. no talk, i have skin in the game and show it.

lets all plan, plot, strategize together!

2021-07-05 09_59_53-RUNEYield.info (Beta).png
Big Shout out for this one, already at .33c this morning.

I Stake DOT, KSM and SOL on Binance. Pretty simple stuff.
I also stake couple other coins outside of exchanges and they're not that complex to do but not as easy as on Binance.

Meme coins seem to be making a resurgence looking at Gas fees and all the new Shiba stuff.

I also stake couple other coins outside of exchanges and they're not that complex to do but not as easy as on Binance.

Meme coins seem to be making a resurgence looking at Gas fees and all the new Shiba stuff.

I only have 1 meme coin.

I was staking a coin on Binance for a 15 day term and the interest rate was around 30%. Midway through, they dropped it to 4%. Wtf lol

I may be grabbing a moon bag of LDO in the near future. JP Morgan called staking a $40B opportunity by 2025, Lido just became the top staker of ETH thanks mostly to its liquid staking offering. This creates a moat for the protocol that gives it an edge over other staking services. They also plan on offering staking for AAVE and SOL and I’m sure more will come down the line. This could become a nice project a few years out if they continue to increase their liquid staking offerings.

Wrote a thread on LDO

Last edited:
Can somebody explain to me how crypto.com earn works? Is it the same as staking? Any good places to read and learn how it works? Thanks in advance.

best place for me to put my ETH to get more than the piddly 2% on gemini earn? i don’t have the resources to match/pair with another coin of equal value for an LP. don’t have anywhere near 32 ETH either. i also don’t mind locking it up for a long period of time.

edit: is rocket pool good?

Last edited:
best place for me to put my ETH to get more than the piddly 2% on gemini earn? i don’t have the resources to match/pair with another coin of equal value for an LP. don’t have anywhere near 32 ETH either. i also don’t mind locking it up for a long period of time.

Lido.fi or rocket pool seem like the move unless you prefer Coinbase

Can somebody explain to me how crypto.com earn works? Is it the same as staking? Any good places to read and learn how it works? Thanks in advance.
I can't speak for Crypto.com specifically, but it's likely that they're either:

1. Staking the coins on your behalf and paying you part of the return.
2. Lending your coins, charging interest, and paying you part of the return.
3. A combo of both 1 and 2.

I've been pleased with Celsius. 5.35% APY on ETH. No lockup period. Just transfer your coins to their wallet and start earning interest.

I know you're a MATIC guy too- they give 10.51% APY for that.

Some other services similar to Celsius are Nexo and BlockFi (and probably countless others.)

I think Coinbase is doing something like 6% for locked up ETH 2.0 staking. And Kraken advertises 5-7% for locked up ETH staking.

If you want to have some real fun you can asymmetrically add your ETH to the THORChain pool for like 20-30% APY. In the background they will 50/50 it, but when you withdraw you'll get all ETH back. You'll need to wait for them to raise the caps for this though.

The mechanism that all these services use to generate your yield is different and obviously all bring their own risks/benefits. Gotta dyor to judge what fits your goals.

Back
Top Bottom