Official Bitcoin Thread

why do that?

Some companies like Celsius and FTX are restricted in certain US states but they allow business accounts.

You could always use a VPN to evade, but in my mind, it’s never a good idea to skirt the rules when you’re entrusting someone else with your assets.

If I wanted access to one of these restricted exchanges or services, I’d rather go by the book and pass my holdings through a legal entity in an authorized jurisdiction.

You still might need a VPN to access the site but that’s different than outright lying or ignoring TOS.

Some companies like Celsius and FTX are restricted in certain US states but they allow business accounts.

You could always use a VPN to evade, but in my mind, it’s never a good idea to skirt the rules when you’re entrusting someone else with your assets.

If I wanted access to one of these restricted exchanges or services, I’d rather go by the book and pass my holdings through a legal entity in an authorized jurisdiction.

You still might need a VPN to access the site but that’s different than outright lying or ignoring TOS.

nvr thought of that, what about using an exchange that is based out of the country? like hoo or yobit

nvr thought of that, what about using an exchange that is based out of the country? like hoo or yobit

Do they have a ban on US customers? I've always avoided those and I even live abroad. I wouldn't touch anything KYC that bans U.S. users without a foreign banking account and acceptable foreign ID.

You read these horror stories of people getting screwed by centralized exchanges. 99.99% users wont have a problem but playing the wrong games increases your chances dramatically.

Do they have a ban on US customers? I've always avoided those and I even live abroad. I wouldn't touch anything KYC that bans U.S. users without a foreign banking account and acceptable foreign ID.

You read these horror stories of people getting screwed by centralized exchanges. 99.99% users wont have a problem but playing the wrong games increases your chances dramatically.

no ban at all, im on both of the ones mentioned

Hoo even has an app on the iphone

just to have access to more coins that i cant get into on the major plats

no ban at all, im on both of the ones mentioned

Hoo even has an app on the iphone

just to have access to more coins that i cant get into on the major plats

Oh ok gotcha thought you meant something that prohibits service to the U.S. like OG Binance or Bonfida.

It’s all bs man, they’re scared and we know it and I’m not going to stop buying it. They don’t want you to make money. They want you to be a worker bee scraping by.

making money isn’t for us. It’s for them they think.

we learn all this from them. Whether it’s pumping stocks or making our own money.

It’s all bs man, they’re scared and we know it and I’m not going to stop buying it. They don’t want you to make money. They want you to be a worker bee scraping by.

making money isn’t for us. It’s for them they think.

we learn all this from them. Whether it’s pumping stocks or making our own money.
they saw regular shmuckz become whales in 1-2 years :lol:
all during the pandemic where no one wants to work anymore hahah

they've had enuff

Sometimes, I like FUD because I still need time to accumulate but on the other hand, you just have to face palm what you hear sometimes from the people who are meant to be running tings.
Must be a combination of being shook, incompetence and resistance to change.

Speaking of FUD, the maxi's of other chains are having a field day right now on Twitter. :lol:
If SOL dips when the network comes back up then im picking up some more.

comments like, strongblock nodes can fix this issue :lol:

please make it happen.

they saw regular shmuckz become whales in 1-2 years :lol:
all during the pandemic where no one wants to work anymore hahah

they've had enuff

stimulus backfire!

we need regulation. :rofl:

that’s what they don’t get. You can’t regulate defi.

Can someone explain to me what happened to SOL? It appears that there were 400k transactions being handled per second, and it flooded the transaction queue. Then the SOL team shut it down? Essentially being everything but decentralized??

This doesn't address exactly what happened with SOL today but everyone in this space should know about the Trilemma:
Scalability
Security
Decentralization

These are all a delicate balance that no crypto has been able to bring equilibrium to (YET). You can't have all 3 so to have 1 or 2, the trade off is less of the others.

Example: ETH decided to keep the network secure and decentralized, but that came at a cost of scalability IG high GAS costs (for now)

SOL went for scalability. When ish hit the fan today the SOL team decided to shut down the network- which shows it is still very centralized.

So getting $250 in BTC by Pokimane wasn’t on my to do list today:

23544281-5C0E-475F-9061-36C8A74011F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom