...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by doosta45

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

KeVeNMaYnE wrote:

Mr Jordan04 wrote:

i downloaded the 5.0 update but its not showing on my phone.
also, is there any way to write more than the 160 characters for a text message?

I think it's only available with the 9700, I had a tour and it didnt work (had a newer OS on it), but when I got my 9700 is showed up as 160 1/6
pimp.gif

its really annoying when i have to write a super long text
why dont you just call the person? if you going into 2+ pages of text, just call the person.

youve never had a long text message?
grin.gif

thanks for the advice tho, next time i'll be sure to call everybody instead of emailing or texting them
wink.gif

so google maps works like gps navigation? its free to use without a gps plan?

also..I just dl'd Poynt from appworld...does it cost to use if I dont have a gps plan?

I have AT&T btw.

does rim plan on having any updates where javascript is available?

sorry for all the ?s I dont see this thread too often
nerd.gif

thanks in advance for any help!

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

mini.opera.com

Best brrowser by far.

Opera works very well on the Tour. Either one bolt or opera are better then the default web browser.
Opera is great....I only use bolt to PM or if I need to edit a post or something since you can do that on opera....

I just got Opera Mini 5 on my 9700 and it's pretty
pimp.gif
. The mouse cursor is pretty laggy though, any advice on how to fix it?

Nothing I've seen in regards to fixing the cursor issues on Opera 5 for the 9700. I hope that Opera will address it in an update sooner than later.

Thankfully I never deleted the beat 2 from my phone and the cursor on that works 100 times better than the final release.

Originally Posted by s dubl

so google maps works like gps navigation? its free to use without a gps plan?

also..I just dl'd Poynt from appworld...does it cost to use if I dont have a gps plan?

I have AT&T btw.

does rim plan on having any updates where javascript is available?

sorry for all the ?s I dont see this thread too often
nerd.gif

thanks in advance for any help!
GMaps only requires a data plan and the same goes for Poynt as well.

Uhm question i downloaded Opera for the BB 9000. It says that its downloaded, but where do i go to put it as my browser etc?

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Looking to upgrade my brothers blackberry as a graduation gift, cause his curve is all %++#@+ up..Who has the best deal to buy str8 up, cause i don't think he's eligible for an upgrade yet??[/color]

sometimes i accidently put my phone on "go to" on the browser on accident, but then cant escape outta this
can you escape out of the "go to" screen?

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Ever since I upgraded to 5.0 I feel like my battery drains faster, not sure though. Anyone else experience this?
Interesting...  my Bold's battery life seems to have gotten extremely better.  Luck of the draw, I guess?

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

Who has the best deal to buy str8 up, cause i don't think he's eligible for an upgrade yet??
If you're in the SoCal area, hit up Westminster/Garden Grove area.  TONS of shops where you can pick up a BB w/out a contract.  You can haggle them on the prices too.

If not, Craigslist is probably your best bet... my nephew came up on a 8900 (brand new) for $150.  No joke. 
Just search through the ads and hope you get lucky and find a dummy trying to get rid of the phone. *shrugs*

btw, FINALLY got my SocialScope "membership" approved.  WOW.  Hands down the best Twitter/FB app.  No need for two apps anymore.     

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Ever since I upgraded to 5.0 I feel like my battery drains faster, not sure though. Anyone else experience this?
Interesting...  my Bold's battery life seems to have gotten extremely better.  Luck of the draw, I guess?

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Who has the best deal to buy str8 up, cause i don't think he's eligible for an upgrade yet??[/color]
If you're in the SoCal area, hit up Westminster/Garden Grove area.  TONS of shops where you can pick up a BB w/out a contract.  You can haggle them on the prices too.

If not, Craigslist is probably your best bet... my nephew came up on a 8900 (brand new) for $150.  No joke. 
Just search through the ads and hope you get lucky and find a dummy trying to get rid of the phone. *shrugs*

btw, FINALLY got my SocialScope "membership" approved.  WOW.  Hands down the best Twitter/FB app.  No need for two apps anymore.     
I got my 9700 for $200 on CL
pimp.gif

deff, check craigslist

Back
Top Bottom