...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by Shaq DIESEL 34

Ever since I upgraded to 5.0 I feel like my battery drains faster, not sure though. Anyone else experience this?
Interesting...  my Bold's battery life seems to have gotten extremely better.  Luck of the draw, I guess?

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

Who has the best deal to buy str8 up, cause i don't think he's eligible for an upgrade yet??
If you're in the SoCal area, hit up Westminster/Garden Grove area.  TONS of shops where you can pick up a BB w/out a contract.  You can haggle them on the prices too.

If not, Craigslist is probably your best bet... my nephew came up on a 8900 (brand new) for $150.  No joke. 
Just search through the ads and hope you get lucky and find a dummy trying to get rid of the phone. *shrugs*

btw, FINALLY got my SocialScope "membership" approved.  WOW.  Hands down the best Twitter/FB app.  No need for two apps anymore.     

when did you apply for social scope? i applied under three different emails at three different times. this has been within the past 12 months, no word.

um........ there's a kind of ghetto way to get social scope. But you need to know someone who got an invite.

Whats the best BB out for AT&T? Actually whats the best BB out period? Got my upgrade May 18th and might switch companies. Was thinking about settling for the 9700 but I want to get the best phone out since I'll have to wait a while for my next upgrade what would you recommend and is there anything new coming out soon?

Also I got a BB Bold now which just bricked on me (Been using an 8320 since). It basically white screened so I took out the battery, when I put the battery back in it never showed life ever again. Tried everything from waiting a couple days with the battery out to trying to reload the OS (computer doesnt read phone when connected to the USB), is it pretty much over for it or is there anything I can do?

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

I got my 9700 for $200 on CL
pimp.gif

deff, check craigslist
#welldamn
I thought my nephew got a deal on his 8900 for $150....  
eek.gif

Originally Posted by chickhien

when did you apply for social scope? i applied under three different emails at three different times. this has been within the past 12 months, no word.
I wanted to give you an exact date on when I signed up, so I checked my email history for the response I initially got from SocialScope...

This is from the Social Scope email:
The response we've received has been overwhelming leading to quite a backlog.  You may have to wait a few weeks as we continue to expand the private alpha program.   So, keep an eye out for an email from us with an activation key and further instructions.
The date on that email was July 28, 2009.  They sent me the confirmation email on May 2nd.
indifferent.gif

I damn near forgot I even signed up for SS.

I'm trying to install the 5.0 Desktop Manager, but it keeps giving me "Error 1606 ... Could not access network location."

What to do?

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I'm trying to install the 5.0 Desktop Manager, but it keeps giving me "Error 1606 ... Could not access network location."

What to do?
Get an iPhone. thx.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Seriously though you guys ... what to do??

I need help.
frown.gif

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315352

Originally Posted by mike23theking

The date on that email was July 28, 2009.  They sent me the confirmation email on May 2nd.

You're lucky because SocialScope rarely gives out invites anymore.

I have a SocialScope account I hardly use that I'll sell (0.9.5.98 latest version).

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Jhustle23

Whats the best BB for Verizon? I have a Storm 1 and leaning toward the 2. Any advice? Thanks.

the storm 2 is an amazing phone. people like to make fun of it because of the shortcomings with the storm 1 but hardware wise, it's on point.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Whats the best BB out for AT&T? Actually whats the best BB out period? Got my upgrade May 18th and might switch companies. Was thinking about settling for the 9700 but I want to get the best phone out since I'll have to wait a while for my next upgrade what would you recommend and is there anything new coming out soon?

Also I got a BB Bold now which just bricked on me (Been using an 8320 since). It basically white screened so I took out the battery, when I put the battery back in it never showed life ever again. Tried everything from waiting a couple days with the battery out to trying to reload the OS (computer doesnt read phone when connected to the USB), is it pretty much over for it or is there anything I can do?
anyone
nerd.gif
?

anyone
nerd.gif
?
The best one out is the Bold 9700 in my opinion and I think that's the general consensus. 3G, GPS, great battery life, the overall body of the phone is really good, the godly trackpad, 0 complaints from me.

As far as the bricked 8320.. you could use JL_Cmder. Be very careful, if you don't know what you're doing you could really brick the phone.

what's the name of the application you can download to prevent your camera from making any loud noises when taking shots?

So I'm due for an upgrade on my T-mobile account and I've decided that I want to get a Blackberry. Is the 9700 the best out?

Back
Top Bottom