...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Somebody slide me that SS invite then.

nerd.gif

my trackball is +#!$. it won't roll east to west, and if it does it rolls the opposite way of where i want to go and it's just trash.

is there anything i can do without buying a new one or voiding the warranty.

Illionaire, I got an invite forwarded to me but it asks me to enter my UserName/Password when I click Download Now.... I type in my Twitter info, and it tells me to check my username/password and to sign up
frown.gif

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

5fqiol.jpg

As of this morning.

mad.gif
how long did you have to wait for the invite?

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

Somebody slide me that SS invite then.

I'm sayin tho. I put in for an invite a minute ago.
smh.gif
buuuuuuuuuuuuut somebody hook me up with that, if possible.
nerd.gif

I tried out SS yesterday for a minute and went back to using UT. SS is decent because it combines FB, Twitter, and Foursquare all in one app. Just wish SS used Twitlonger so I wouldn't have to edit tweets.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

What's are the best settings on Opera Mini to browse NT?

HONESTLY I USE BOLT BROWSER....TO ME ITS FASTER AND BETTER AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD PICS JUST BY POINTING TO THE PIC LIKE A LAPTOP...

I MISS USING OPERA MINI BUT BOLT SOLD ME OVER!!

I've been rolling with SocialScope for a good minute now, don't remember how long it took me to get my invite.

I like the app because like people have mentioned, it combines FB/Twitter/etc all in one... and does a good job of performing all of the basic features of each one of those apps. If you're looking for more specific features (like Twitlonger, etc) then UT is the way to go.

One thing I don't like about the new update on SS is how they changed the FB notifications...now they notify you of everything. The older version just notified you of status updates and photos, now you get Farmville and Sorority Life spam
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

my trackball is +#!$. it won't roll east to west, and if it does it rolls the opposite way of where i want to go and it's just trash.

is there anything i can do without buying a new one or voiding the warranty.

pimp.gif
 used this method last night. with my sister's nail polish remover though, works the same. good technique.

Originally Posted by escobarmeth

If someone has an invite code, you can use it on (as far as I know) three different devices. you need to click on the link in the invite email, use the email addy that the person invited subscribed with as the username and the invite code as the pass. After that, you can make your own account. It's a bit of a loophole, but it works. As far as I know, you can only dl it on 3 devices. After that it will ask you to login to social scope before dl-ing it. 
Can anyone else confirm this?

that is DEFINITELY a negative.  Tried hooking wifey's phone up with SS and it didn't work.  If she's signed in on her phone, the SS on my phone has HER facebook/twitter pages.

Originally Posted by s dubl

what is social scope? 
nerd.gif

Private beta application that integrates Twitter/Facebook... also Flickr and Foursquare.

I've had it for a week now and love it.  Only thing I have a gripe about is 140 characters is a 140 characters.  No Twitlonger or link shrinking.  Other than that, I don't have any problems.  

I like being able to choose what gets tweeted and what gets sent to FB...  now I don't have to worry about RT's or #FF's being sent to Facebook.
laugh.gif

btw, it took damn near a year for my account to become activated.
eyes.gif

so my blackberry just says

"technical issue please return to place of purchase for repair"

i went to a verizon store and they said to update it

i am trying now but its stuck on teh updating device screen and the bar has not moved at all...

should i go to the store or just wait

Originally Posted by yungchamp

mad.gif
how long did you have to wait for the invite?

The first time I signed up was August '09.

Oh damn, I'll just go back to waiting
laugh.gif
I put my request in probably at the beginning of this year, so I'll be waiting for a minute
ohwell.gif

I got my SS invite literally two weeks after I requested it. I was just as surprised as everyone who told me they had been waiting for months.
laugh.gif

By far the best twitter app, and I've tried them all.

@BigSlim773-for some reason when I go to the site now it says I have to sign in, but I didnt have to before because I have it uninstalled on my BB..maybe Im doing it wrong my fault. I believe in the app Quicklaunch there is a mute function..someone maybe able to link it up on the mute.

BlackBerry-Essex-Shopped.jpg

pimp.gif
 Thank you Sprint. I'm officially jumping ship T-mobile. $69.99 for unlimited data, mobile to mobile on any network, and text. 

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

BlackBerry-Essex-Shopped.jpg

pimp.gif
 Thank you Sprint. I'm officially jumping ship T-mobile. $69.99 for unlimited data, mobile to mobile on any network, and text. 

Yeah I did the same thing. The Tour is dope so you won't have problems there. My monthly bill through tmo on the 9700 wa like 90 bucks. And then I learned that I can hop on my parents plan for 20 bucks a month through sprint, I was like............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

pimp.gif

Yeah I did the same thing. The Tour is dope so you won't have problems there. My monthly bill through tmo on the 9700 wa like 90 bucks. And then I learned that I can hop on my parents plan for 20 bucks a month through sprint, I was like............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Do you know the official release date of the 9650? I keep hearing the 16th and 23rd.

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Aight so Ive tried going back pages and reading up on the subject but I still havent been able find what I'm looking for.

I have the Tour for Sprint. When I first got it, my battery life was good money. Last a full day EASILY. Usually more then 24 hours without a charge.

Then I think it was after my first system update, the battery life reduced dramatically.

I added Ubertwitter too (I didnt have it for a while at first). Ive tried limiting its use lately because I think that kills the battery even more, and I make sure to close it completely when Im not using it.

I dont leave the regular browser, or Bolt, open either. The only thing open on the regular is my bbm messaging (which I do ALOT, admittedly).

With all that being said, my battery doesnt last 12 hours most days. If I'm bbm'in a lot, I've seen my phone die completely in like 5-6 hours.

The only thing Ive been able to do to help battery life is reduce the backlight brightness all the way to 10, and timeout to 10 seconds.

Anyone else in the same boat? or know anything I can do about it?
I'm in the same boat. My battery life has drastically reduced. Anyone know a solution?

Try a new OS, different OS's have varying battery life.

Also, certain themes have better battery life too.

Ubertwitter is nice but it's one of the biggest battery drainers. Try a diff twitter app.

I wish the 9800 was out. I want a new BB but there's none out. :-/

Back
Top Bottom