...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

^

WORD. The Jav is my next BB, no questions asked. No 3G, but like I've been saying for the longest, for me and my uses, 3G is a moot point. Let's be honest--75% of people never knew what 3G was until the latest iPhone dropped.

Take away 3G from the Bold, and it really isn't seeing the Javelin as far as the specs go. Needless to say, I'm amped for this joint to come out. Hopefully we'll see it around Thanksgiving so I can justify it to the wife as a birthday present to myself. I refuse to extend my contract, so I'll be paying the full price, which sucks.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeaaaaa, okay

Damn I havent been in the thread in a while..glad its keeping up..MyT whats poppin homey??

Just got my leash from my job last month...So now i have a curve for personal use..and a Pearl for the job..i didnt wanna walk around with 2 curves on mywaist..

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

^

WORD. The Jav is my next BB, no questions asked. No 3G, but like I've been saying for the longest, for me and my uses, 3G is a moot point. Let's be honest--75% of people never knew what 3G was until the latest iPhone dropped.

Take away 3G from the Bold, and it really isn't seeing the Javelin as far as the specs go. Needless to say, I'm amped for this joint to come out. Hopefully we'll see it around Thanksgiving so I can justify it to the wife as a birthday present to myself. I refuse to extend my contract, so I'll be paying the full price, which sucks.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeaaaaa, okay
How did I know you'd show your face in here quoting my comment. Seriously, your AT&T fanboyism is quite annoying. Is it that hard tobelieve that someone can live without 3G? I don't even use my BB for web browsing like that, so why do I need it?

And let's be honest--the phone forums where we get our recycled info from are much like NT is to kicks--the people there do not represent the generalbuying public. Trust that the average consumer doesn't give a hoot about 3G. Internet people and tech junkies do, but Jimmy's mom from down the blockacross from the park could give a crap. That is until the Jesus phone dropped it's 2nd generation, and then 3G was thrown into our faces like neverbefore.

And do some browsing around some cellphone websites/forums. Not that the opinions of anyone else should define yours, but many people are saying the samething in regards to the Bold vs. Javelin thing. Put it this way--take away 3G from the Bold and compare it to the Javelin. What are the differences spec-wisethat make the Bold that much better? Because for me, 3G isn't a dealbreaker.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Yall should peep.

Official BB FAQ

And Royal Airness I got your PM and I'm tryna' figure that out now...but that 8310 doesn't have Wifi like dude was saying.

My-T.
okay i got the t-mobile blackberry curve 8320 and i'm having trouble getting the new OS 4.5
alien.gif

i click upgrade on the blackberry website to get the v4.5, and my application loader opens...

it connects to my blackberry (asks for password), then it goes through all the applications and software...

and when it's done reading my blackberry it says:

Your Blackberry device is running the latest available software.

what the !!*%? no it's not.. i want v4.5 %$%%
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

any help would be appreciated
tired.gif

smh.gif

Yet another FAIL for BB users on Verizon...

Tech Specs for BB Storm:
  • EVDO Rev A: (1900/800 MHz)
  • GSM/GPRS/EDGE: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
  • UTMS/HSDPA/HSUPA: 2100MHZ
  • WiFi: None
  • Size: 112.52 x 62.2 x 13.95 mm
  • Screen 3.25 " HVGA+ 480x360 Multi-touch, Gesture Touch
  • Battery: 1400mAh (removable! take that iPhone!)
  • Memory: 1GB flash for media/ 192 meg ram
  • Camera: 3.2 MP camera, vanity mirror, no flash
  • Audio: 3.5mm jack, bluetooth stereo, Rhapsody OTA purchase and tethered subscription capable
  • Browser: Every feature the IPhone safari webkit has, minus support for tabs. No flash support.

http://crackberry.com/final-verizon-blackberry-storm-tech-specshttp://crackberry.com/fin...ackberry-storm-tech-specs

How the hell do you expect to compete with the iphone and you don't even include flash support in the browser or a flash for the camera?

I, personally, can live without the wi-fi, but it would've been real nice to have.

No flash support is a deal breaker for me tho.

tired.gif

^

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeaaaaa, okay
How did I know you'd show your face in here quoting my comment. Seriously, your AT&T fanboyism is quite annoying. Is it that hard to believe that someone can live without 3G? I don't even use my BB for web browsing like that, so why do I need it?

And let's be honest--the phone forums where we get our recycled info from are much like NT is to kicks--the people there do not represent the general buying public. Trust that the average consumer doesn't give a hoot about 3G. Internet people and tech junkies do, but Jimmy's mom from down the block across from the park could give a crap. That is until the Jesus phone dropped it's 2nd generation, and then 3G was thrown into our faces like never before.

And do some browsing around some cellphone websites/forums. Not that the opinions of anyone else should define yours, but many people are saying the same thing in regards to the Bold vs. Javelin thing. Put it this way--take away 3G from the Bold and compare it to the Javelin. What are the differences spec-wise that make the Bold that much better? Because for me, 3G isn't a dealbreaker.

not an att fanboy, im a blackberry fanboy. yes that is true. what you said was just stupid imo though, carry on. if you dont even use a bb for web browsin youcould get a dumbed down fone, what a waste of money. but it is your money. if all you do is email there are other options too. yea i did state 40 pages backthat im bias than a mutha............

beside 3g, 2g an all that. i think bold LOOKS better than jav. thats just me though.

got a replacement curve coming in
tired.gif

the rep had me gassed for a sec- i took a long shot and asked if she knew when the new ones were dropping and she was like next month
eek.gif
but she was talking bout that flip thing-

she said "sometime in 09 for the bold"

but then she told me the new google "andriod" is coming and should blow bb out the water?

For those on Tmobile, have yall ever had 'UMA/uma" show up in the top right corner of the screen where the bars usually are? It started happening tome in my house, damn phone won't let me make calls unless I shut it off and back on.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

For those on Tmobile, have yall ever had 'UMA/uma" show up in the top right corner of the screen where the bars usually are? It started happening to me in my house, damn phone won't let me make calls unless I shut it off and back on.
eyes.gif
UMA is what your WIFI connection uses to make calls. I use it because my apartment is a dead zone, just disable WIFI an dyou're good. Or yourpreferred signal.

GSM Verison of the Storm....still no Flash in it

Following up on Kevin Byrne's "final specs on the Verizon BlackBerry Storm", we have VISUAL proof of the existence of the 9530 Storm'sGSM-only sibling, the BlackBerry 9500. Zoomed in image after the jump.

These are spyshots, so unfortunately the specs on the 9500 in the image above are pretty tiny to read, but it appears (I *think*) that they line up on partwith what Kevin has said and Mike over at BBNews tends to agree. Mike also lists the following as the specs:

7.2 mbps HSDPA/UMTS (2100/1900/850 MHz)
Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
1GB of memory, 192MB RAM
1400 mAhr battery. Standby time: 528 hours
MicroUSB port
MicroSD and MicroSDHC expandable up to 8GB
3.2 megapixel camera, flash, 2.5x digital zoom, auto focus, and image stabilization
Video capture. Normal mode (480×320) and MMS mode (176×144)
Assisted GPS - Enhanced version of GPS that performs at a faster speed
For those who "live" in our 9500 Series forum, this news won't be too big of a surprise for you, but still, it's nice to see visual proof.And yes, you should be able to unlock this bad boy and run it AT&T. Kind of strange that we're hearing No Flash on the 9530 and Flash on the 9500.

http://crackberry.com/vis...ly-touchscreen-blackberry

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Yall should peep.

Official BB FAQ

And Royal Airness I got your PM and I'm tryna' figure that out now...but that 8310 doesn't have Wifi like dude was saying.

My-T.
okay i got the t-mobile blackberry curve 8320 and i'm having trouble getting the new OS 4.5
alien.gif

i click upgrade on the blackberry website to get the v4.5, and my application loader opens...

it connects to my blackberry (asks for password), then it goes through all the applications and software...

and when it's done reading my blackberry it says:

Your Blackberry device is running the latest available software.

what the !!*%? no it's not.. i want v4.5 %$%%
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

any help would be appreciated
tired.gif
Go here http://www.blackberryforu...east-asian-languages.html

I've been having a problem with my Curve 8310.

I set the options for my texting to keep my messages forever, but it still deletes the messages after a few days.

Does anyone know what's wrong? Can it be the space I've taken up on my phone?

I have a 2GB memory card, but even with that on, the messages still delete.

Originally Posted by FLiP SeNsAyShUn

I set the options for my texting to keep my messages forever, but it still deletes the messages after a few days.

The texts eats up memory and as the memory gets low some things have to go such as texts as well some other things which may include the call logI believe. Check out the blackberryforums.com for further clarification.

Check your memory Options -----> Status. Usually if you have low or 0 memory your text messages are automatically deleted. You might need to do a hard resetif you haven't in a while hold down ALT + aA + Del until your phone shuts off.

Text Message are stored on your core memory so a 2GB memory card has nothing to do with your texts.

on ur 8310 do u have aim on it like the 8320 does for tmobile?

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

I have a a BB curve for Tmobile but a friend of mine has the 8130 Pearl for Verizon and can't get downloaded themes to work. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get themes to work on the 8130?
Anyone with an answer to this question? If someone knows how to DL themes for the 8130 please help!

^

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeaaaaa, okay
How did I know you'd show your face in here quoting my comment. Seriously, your AT&T fanboyism is quite annoying. Is it that hard to believe that someone can live without 3G? I don't even use my BB for web browsing like that, so why do I need it?

And let's be honest--the phone forums where we get our recycled info from are much like NT is to kicks--the people there do not represent the general buying public. Trust that the average consumer doesn't give a hoot about 3G. Internet people and tech junkies do, but Jimmy's mom from down the block across from the park could give a crap. That is until the Jesus phone dropped it's 2nd generation, and then 3G was thrown into our faces like never before.

And do some browsing around some cellphone websites/forums. Not that the opinions of anyone else should define yours, but many people are saying the same thing in regards to the Bold vs. Javelin thing. Put it this way--take away 3G from the Bold and compare it to the Javelin. What are the differences spec-wise that make the Bold that much better? Because for me, 3G isn't a dealbreaker.

not an att fanboy, im a blackberry fanboy. yes that is true. what you said was just stupid imo though, carry on. if you dont even use a bb for web browsin you could get a dumbed down fone, what a waste of money. but it is your money. if all you do is email there are other options too. yea i did state 40 pages back that im bias than a mutha............

beside 3g, 2g an all that. i think bold LOOKS better than jav. thats just me though.

Glad to know you approve of me wasting my money, sir. Please get back to your life now. Thanks.

i was finally able to update to v4.5
pimp.gif

picked up a new theme... icons changes to some sorta color when you scroll on it
glasses.gif

home screen:

sg1mcl.jpg

icon screen:

10els9k.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

just randomly browsing before i stumbled into here...

coming from asia, we don't really get blackberries. i got my first one about 18 months back - 8310 curve. made the transition from my previous nokia8800/8800 sirocco.

first impressions? loved it. easier to type. no software issues. i never had to turn my phone off ever again!

the blackberry bold has just been launched in KL, malaysia and i've had a quick 1 day trial with it. and i don't like it. software is glitchy, and uponopening many apps, the phone can just hang for quite awhile. yes, now when you press the "back" key, instead of exiting the app, you will now justswitch apps - thus sucking up all the RAM in the process.

3G - don't need it. over here in asia where the network is slow, we don't need this. barely anyone uses 3G. besides, it costs wayyy too much for theaverage consumer.

wifi - plus point; wifi points are aplenty locally and my city is working towards wifi access in the whole city. this will definitely be a plus for us.

the screen is bigger, the colours are nicer, and it is also heavier compared to the curve. but will i make the switch?

no. not this time. not yet, anyway.

Glad to know you approve of me wasting my money, sir. Please get back to your life now. Thanks.
but it is your money.
you missed that part huh?

75% of people never knew what 3G was until the latest iPhone dropped.
do you have a link for this statement? who didnt know that? iphone users or blackberry users or people with phones period? i dont think thatsright at all
grin.gif

if you dont need it thats you, if im payin for a new phone i want new technology thats been available to other devices on my network already, my bad your ontmo an yall gettin the 3gless jav or w/e. no need to make statements like lets be honest? lets be honest you dont know what you talkin about

but it is your money.
you missed that part huh?

75% of people never knew what 3G was until the latest iPhone dropped.
do you have a link for this statement? who didnt know that? iphone users or blackberry users or people with phones period? i dont think thats right at all
grin.gif

if you dont need it thats you, if im payin for a new phone i want new technology thats been available to other devices on my network already, my bad your on tmo an yall gettin the 3gless jav or w/e. no need to make statements like lets be honest? lets be honest you dont know what you talkin about

Please sit down, sir. Again, enough with the TMO hate. Let's be honest...3G wasn't in the general public's eye like it has been since the iPhone3G dropped. If you can't understand that simple fact, I'm not sure what to tell you. Go back to lurking. I liked you better then.

Im most definitely picking up the storm when it releases.

currently with the 8830 from verizon. (OS v.4.5.0.77)

did anyone make the OS upgrade to 4.5? (well the leaked version)

Back
Top Bottom