...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

The Storm sounds like it's gonna be nice, but I gotta toy around with one for a while to see if I can leave the QWERTY behind for a virtual keyboard. Typing on a toucscreen like on the iphone isn't bad, but it's not the same as punching real keys. Should be interesting.
Thats y the Storm is set up the way it is with the click screen. They want to give u the feeling that u are still typin on a regular keyboard.

Im patiently waitin for the Javelin to drop, as my contract is up next month, Im still goin hard wit my 8700g.
Im pretty sure it'll drop on T-mo in the next 2 months and def. before the Bold, if they even get it at all.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I just got all 3 of my curves in the mail today too, but I'm on t-mobile and it's only a 1 year contract and each line was an added line of only $10 per line to my family plan + $20 data plan. Plus, if I cancel my data lines I would only pay $50 for each phone, so not bad.
Im not talking about fees from Tmobile. Its an agreement between the buyer and amazon.com
Thats why the Curve, Razr2 and other phones are free with a new contrac/upgrade. you just pay shipping.
What fees from t-mobile? They waived the activation fee on all my lines and included free 2-day shipping, and if you ordered through amazon thenyou're required to have a 2-year contract.

Yeah Frank you got hooked up f'real.

I'm still tryna' figure out how you pulled that one off.

My-T.

GOOGE MAPS MOBILE NOW ADDS STREET VIEW AND WALKING DIRECTIONS!!!! SEPT 17th

This just in from the good folks at Google:

See where you're going, how to walk there, and what other people are saying about it -- all from your phone. Today Google released new features for Google Maps for mobile, improving the overall speed of the application and adding Street View imagery, walking directions, and full reviews of businesses.

Google Maps for mobile gives users quick and easy access to information, wherever and whenever they need it. Now a user trying to find a restaurant in an unfamiliar part of town can simply click on the "Street View" button for street level images of the desired restaurant and what surrounds it. The new walking directions feature (beta) can point the way to the nearest places for post-dinner dessert, and star ratings and full reviews make choosing the sweetest option a piece of cake.

Millions of people in more than 20 different countries around the globe actively use Google Maps for mobile. The newest features will be available initially for all color BlackBerry devices and most Java devices, and in markets where Street View, walking directions, and reviews are currently available on the desktop. To download Google Maps for mobile, simply visit google.com/gmm from your phone's web browser or a desktop computer.

��

[h1]Google Street View goes mobile[/h1]
Posted by Stephen Shankland Post a comment
http://news.cnet.com/2300-1046_3-6240422-1.html

Google demonstrated Street View on an Android mobile phone in May. Now it's available for BlackBerry phones and several others. (Click on the image above for an Android slide show.)
(Credit: Stephen Shankland/CNET News/Google)

Street View endows Google Maps with a driver's-eye view of the world, and now people actually on the street will be able to use it, too.

The company announced a new version of its Google Maps for Mobile software that includes support for Street View, as well as walking directions and reviews of businesses. Google said the new version is faster too.

The new features work on BlackBerrys with color screens and on mobile devices with Java abilities. Sorry, iPhone users. Visiting the Google site with an iPhone produces this message: "Sorry, Google Maps does not work on your Apple iPhone."

The move isn't a surprise. Google demonstrated Street View on a phone using the company's Android operating system in May, hooked into the phone's hardware so the view would change according to which way the user oriented the phone. The Android phones are due to be announced Sept. 23.

Originally posted at News - Wireless

eek.gif

Just DL'ed it.

My-T.

Im so pissed the Storm is Verizon only and the Javelin won't be out for Sprint until Iphone is probably available for everyone.

Unreal.

Meeting Hot Chicks on Blackberry Messenger, and them sending you pics via Messenger FTMW x31.

Go to Crackberry.com and go to the PIN forum...look at all the avy's and when you see something nice, add their PIN, they usually add you and startconversating right away. Good random fun when you are bored.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

[h1]Google Street View goes mobile[/h1]
Posted by Stephen Shankland Post a comment
http://news.cnet.com/2300-1046_3-6240422-1.html

Google demonstrated Street View on an Android mobile phone in May. Now it's available for BlackBerry phones and several others. (Click on the image above for an Android slide show.)
(Credit: Stephen Shankland/CNET News/Google)

Street View endows Google Maps with a driver's-eye view of the world, and now people actually on the street will be able to use it, too.

The company announced a new version of its Google Maps for Mobile software that includes support for Street View, as well as walking directions and reviews of businesses. Google said the new version is faster too.

The new features work on BlackBerrys with color screens and on mobile devices with Java abilities. Sorry, iPhone users. Visiting the Google site with an iPhone produces this message: "Sorry, Google Maps does not work on your Apple iPhone."

The move isn't a surprise. Google demonstrated Street View on a phone using the company's Android operating system in May, hooked into the phone's hardware so the view would change according to which way the user oriented the phone. The Android phones are due to be announced Sept. 23.

Originally posted at News - Wireless
not to hyjack this blackberry thread but just to follow up on this post
[h2]T-Mobile G1 said to be landing October 17th[/h2]
We've already been hearing that the HTC G1 (otherwise known as the Dream) would be landing on T-Mobile in late October, but VentureBeat now claims that it has further pegged the actual release date down to October 17th (it'll apparently start shipping on the 13th), which would be a tad earlier than most had expected.
uh oh, seems like its gonna be a all out warbetween blackberry storm vs htc touch pro vs. G1
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nah Crank, keep up the info. I was not even aware that Android was coming so soon. Crazy. No wonder I have so much trouble saving freaking money.

Can anyone pm me some information like how to get video camera to work on the BB curve? I have tmobile. Also how do you get youtube to work?

Originally Posted by hollowpoints

The Storm sounds like it's gonna be nice, but I gotta toy around with one for a while to see if I can leave the QWERTY behind for a virtual keyboard. Typing on a toucscreen like on the iphone isn't bad, but it's not the same as punching real keys. Should be interesting.
Thats y the Storm is set up the way it is with the click screen. They want to give u the feeling that u are still typin on a regular keyboard.

Im patiently waitin for the Javelin to drop, as my contract is up next month, Im still goin hard wit my 8700g.
Im pretty sure it'll drop on T-mo in the next 2 months and def. before the Bold, if they even get it at all.

anybody know the unlock codes for the 8830 world phone, please PM me....and would it be possible to unlock the Verizon version and use it on sprint'snetwork.....??????

if not I am going to grab a bold from canada this weekend!!!!!

anyone with tmobile update their curve to OS : BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.81 (EastAsia)

im still on v4.2.2.180 and i wanna make sure the new OS is decent...
nerd.gif

indifferent.gif

henz i think streets are watching-

my phones been acting up and today it just str8 shuts off...i pull the batt and reset and it starts up but says it doesnt have enough batt power to turn theradio on....then it shuts off...charged it all night...got it on the charger now
nerd.gif

all this after i was popping !@## on pin yesterday about switching to an iphone
laugh.gif

So is it safe to download the new software??? My boy just got a curve through sprint. His came with a video camera, tv and radio. CRAZY STUFF>> I have tmobile.. Can I do that to my curve??

Originally Posted by Kingtre

indifferent.gif

my phones been acting up and today it just str8 shuts off...i pull the batt and reset and it starts up but says it doesnt have enough batt power to turn the radio on....then it shuts off...charged it all night...got it on the charger now
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

Originally Posted by Kingtre

indifferent.gif

my phones been acting up and today it just str8 shuts off...i pull the batt and reset and it starts up but says it doesnt have enough batt power to turn the radio on....then it shuts off...charged it all night...got it on the charger now
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

sick.gif
laugh.gif
idk fam...im tryna wait on the new BB joints but it aintlooking good...tmo talking bout q1 or q2 09....plus i'm in contract till NEXT sept
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom